hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Miniaturization in the donor area - Tiger Woods
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/10/2019 01:39 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/10/2019 01:39 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

They don't talk about it in the link I provide but if you scroll down a little past the video on the page it shows the back of Tiger Woods' head and clear miniaturization in his donor area. I noticed this whilst watching him win the Masters. Miniaturization always seems to occur from the bottom up with the ring at the top and to the sides being the most resistant.

The page that shows a still photo of Tiger Woods' donor hair miniaturization if you scroll down

Remember Woods still has some hair left in his recipient area so he is still balding and the miniaturization in the donor area will get worse - mine is a LOT worse and I have seen many others as bad as mine now I am looking for it. Personally I disguise it successfully just by shaving down - otherwise it looks really odd.

About 16 years ago when I (and most lay people) knew a lot less about the limitations of hair transplantation someone talked about miniaturization and I virtually accused him of scaremongering - I wish I could remember who it was so I could attempt to apologize to him, I was just plain wrong.

I think most NW6/7's get this problem at some point, the donor area is resistant, but with high Norwoods it is not necessarily safe to use in hair transplants. Depressing but true...

-------------------------
A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
Statistics
36362 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 200 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 200 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc