hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Hollywood Lace, Toplace, Coolpiece, Any other good companies you care to add (aside from BA)?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/02/2011 07:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/02/2011 07:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
canehdian_guy
Regular Poster

I'm finally ready to order my first pieces which I will get from an assortment of companies, but first I was hoping for some recent feedback from users. Overall I seem to hear the best feedback in regards to Hollywoodlace. For the companies which you choose to give feedback on it would be great from you to include your opinion on the:

Quality of the piece? Delivery time? Consistency? Customer sevice?

Thanks. I hope this will be useful information not only to me but also to other hairwearers.
 10/02/2011 07:48 PM

Author Icon
JamesKennedy
Regular Poster

Hats Off Hair.

Quality is easily one of the best I've ever gotten!

Delivery time is amazing with stock pieces! If you order on Monday, you will most likely have it by mid week and have it on your head by the weekend!

Consistency is great! You can't tell the difference between old and new pieces, minus some shedding!

Customer service is great! Bob is very straight forward and doesn't LIE to you about anything! I highly recommend him!
 10/03/2011 02:09 PM

Author Icon
longaadoc

If you go back couple of pages, there is a nice thread where ppl rated their experiences with various company. You will find it helpful.
 10/05/2011 10:40 AM

Author Icon
canehdian_guy
Regular Poster

Thanks, I had checked out that post previously but had wanted to get recent updates but I imagine not much would've changed since then. Thanks for the help guys!
 10/05/2011 12:04 PM

Author Icon
wide parting
Accomplished Poster

There really isn't much to call from all of them quality wise.
Your best bet is contacting them all and judge what kind of communication you recieve from them and base your judgement on that initially.
But as i said, Toplace,Coolpiece and Hollywood lace are much the same.I can't comment on Hats Off Hair as i have never had a system from them but the reviews seem favourable also.
 10/05/2011 02:54 PM

Author Icon
canehdian_guy
Regular Poster

Good idea wide parting! Thanks for your time as well as the great advice

P.S I was left with a very positive feeling when I had previously spoken with John at Toplace
 10/10/2011 09:47 PM

Author Icon
traverse

I've been a hair piece wearer for at least 10 years, starting with a $$ salon and eventually deciding that I could do it myself. I've been a customer of a few of the top sites listed here, and had stayed with BA until the recent problems. When I started scrambling to find alternate suppliers, I wrote to both Toplace and Hollywood Lace to ask some questions, especially about rush orders. As a new customer writing to Hollywood Lace I was a bit surprised that they never wrote back...and only after I wrote them twice did I get any reply at all (note: see the recent post here about another persons experience with them).
I've purchased from Toplace before and had not real problems, but this time I also had to write to them twice before I got any response. It seems like a small thing until you consider how worrisome it feels to be waiting on an order that hasn't arrived, and then you can't quickly reach the business. So customer service has become a huge concern when it comes to who I deal with now.

Since scrambling to find another supplier, I have met Eric who has started his own business under Northwest Lace (northwestlace.com), and who is a long time wearer and who came well recommended personally. He is probably known to some of you already. I wrote back and forth at length to get a feel for what his plans are and what his position is as far as helping other wearers, and I feel confident enough that I've already placed a rush order with him.

So, anyone who is looking for a supplier--I recommend you check out Northwest Lace. The site is new and his prices are as good or better than elsewhere, and Debbie T. is linked there for other supplies too (which says something to me
-JT
 10/10/2011 09:52 PM

Author Icon
Farrel

Are you affiliated or associated with him? It seems weird to me that brand new people seem to appear on this forum recommending brand new places.

Not to mention that you are recommending that people go to him when you just ordered a system and have not even received it yet.

How does someone recommend something to others before they have even received their order?

When people are so confident in a brand new place that they are ready to recommend that everyone buy from them it always raises a red flag for me.

-------------------------
Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
 10/11/2011 12:58 AM

Author Icon
Farrel

Just to add some more info. That site was registered on Sept 30, that's just 10 days ago. Ten days in business and suddenly they are being recommended over well established companies.

Furthermore the domain owners info is privacy protected so you don't even know who really owns it.

He is probably known to some of you already.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you know who Eric is (no last name given)?

Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
 10/11/2011 04:29 AM

Author Icon
wide parting
Accomplished Poster

If it is the same Eric,then he was the moderator on the BA Hair Apparent forum and long time friend of Gary Cross,aka BA.
 10/11/2011 07:29 AM

Author Icon
young guy
Regular Poster

Could it be that travers, Eric and northweslace.com come self promoting the new company and all be from the same person?
YG.
 10/11/2011 02:40 PM

Author Icon
longaadoc

I think all the new users should have their IP addressed checked by moderator before they are allowed to post. Every time I see a "newbie" posting that they have been wearing for years and have a place to recommend, I become skeptical.
 10/11/2011 03:01 PM

Author Icon
Farrel

It's not good to rely solely on IP's because someone can easily have their friend posting for them.

I use the combination of certain undisclosed "techniques" as well as over 10 years experience in moderating the forum to detect questionable posters.

When I do I just close their accounts down.

The only reason stuff happened like this in the past is because I was not very active on this forum. We're soon going to have two moderators active here so it will be very difficult to pull something like this off.

10/11/2011 04:00 PM

Author Icon
newdisco
Prolific Poster

There is a message on another hair forum which warns that it is the same Eric - BA's mate who always defended him whenever anyone complained about an issue. Seems he has carried over the connection with Debbie T.
 10/11/2011 04:12 PM

Author Icon
Derick63
Prolific Poster

Just a comment regarding Debbie... Unfortunately she has been linked with BA only because she had a link on BA's forum and because she would contribute to BA's forum. Let me say that I have known Debbie for years and she is COMPLETELY honest. If you order products from her, you will get them. If she does a cut-in for you, it will be a done right. I would not hesitate to order anything from Debbie. I don't know if she is even aware that someone new is providing a link to her business. It is very possible that this new person is providing a link to her website to add some credibility to himself.

What this all boils down to is Debbie runs a completely separate business from any hair supplier. She may be very loosely affiliated with a hair supplier, but she is a known quantity who has her own business and has been in business for several years and is always been above board.
 10/11/2011 04:14 PM

Author Icon
MikeyD
Regular Poster

I love what this Eric guy says on his forum

'I was the moderator at a previous discussion forum for several years before the owner of a particular company decided to leave the business. '

Then it goes on yadda yadda to....

'I know many of you had or have lingering issues with the owner of that previous company, but I would really appreciate it if you could take any outstanding issues up with him personally through his email or his new company.'

So has he left the business or does he have a new company?
 10/11/2011 06:24 PM

Author Icon
Farrel

The whole thing looks suspect to me.

"Traverse" deliberately never mentioned that Eric was the former moderator of the BA forum, did he somehow think that was not relevant? Or did he have some other reason for not stating it?

Also, if your concern was reliability, why would you choose a 10 day-old company with no track record and no phone number over a well-established company like Toplace that has a toll-free number which you can call at any time and speak to a person?

It just doesn't make any sense to me that someone would be making recommendations about a brand-new place before he even received his order, especially in light of all the things that have gone on recently.

10/12/2011 02:02 PM

Author Icon
mjd
Regular Poster

posted twice sorry !
 10/12/2011 02:04 PM

Author Icon
mjd
Regular Poster

Thought i would share this info from a reliable source :

it's not the 'eric' people think he is. he is a great guy, he moderated the forum for BA for years and got no pay or anything.

the other 'eric' people are thinking of is the guy who built BA's website, .......he is the one that used to jump to BA;s defense all the time not the guy who is starting his own company. ERIC tht is starting his own hair replacement business is trustworthy and has helped countless people out over the years for absolutely free.....but I just let people make their own decisions. He asked if he could recommend me as a product supplier and of course, I said yes. My track record as a product supplier speaks for itself.

Edited: 10/12/2011 at 02:15 PM by Hair Loss Help Moderator
 10/12/2011 02:15 PM

Author Icon
Farrel

Well please refer to my post.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/fo...atid=9&threadid=97222

We are not going to allow companies to be promoted/referenced here as long as they do not disclose all their info publicly for all to see.

I will remove any references to them from this forum if I have to which pertain to their services, their prices, their promotions, pictures of their systems etc.

Anything deemed to be of promotional value to them will not be posted here as long as they operate behind a wall of privacy.

At the end of the day it does not matter how cheap a system is if the person does not receive it nor has the contact details of the company to file a complaint

Statistics
31838 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 1085 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1087 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc