hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Any advice on Ghost Bond?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/21/2011 11:21 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/21/2011 11:21 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
cocoloco
Regular Poster

Hi!

I'm about to start wearing and, for attachment, I'm going to be using Walker No-Shine tape for the perimeter (I was going to start with Blue Tape but I've read many comments about it turning gooey and, now that we are in summer it may happen easily) and Ghost Bond for the front.

I've just read manufacturer instructions and it says that, for a lace base, you gotta put 4 thin coats on your scalp. After every coat you have to wait until it turns clear (about 20 secs) and the lay the other coat. Once you get 4 coats, you have to wait 7 mins and then press the lace into place.

Anyone using GB can tell me if this is the right way to do it? How do you guys get the best results?

Thank you!
 06/21/2011 11:52 AM

Author Icon
hersute
Accomplished Poster

There is no guarantee that what works for one person, will work for another, even using the same product.
It all depends upon your skin chemistry.
So you may get a lot of opinions, but you won't really know until you try it for yourself.
I've used GB and it turned gooey in 24 hours.
But thats me, not you.
Lots of other people swear by it.

If you go to:
http://toplace.com/forum/search.php
or
http://www.network54.com/Forum/241571/search

and type in GHOST BOND, you'll get TONS of reviews.

-------------------------
"Does my forehead look big in this?."
 06/21/2011 12:01 PM

Author Icon
cocoloco
Regular Poster

Yes, I know about that. I know I have to try different things to find which one works for me. To start with, I ordered GB and Davlyn Green to have another one handy just in case.

I wanted to ask people who used it to tell me how to get a good attach and how to clean it off.

Lately I've also read great reviews about a glue called Hollister Medical Adhesive, but according to the information I've found it's an spray so I don't know how that'll work.
 06/21/2011 12:04 PM

Author Icon
wide parting
Accomplished Poster

I currently use an all over bond of Ghost Bond and like Hersute rightly points out it all tapes and glues work differently on different people due to their own body chemistry.
In saying that i myself get a great bond from it and i use just the 2 coats on my head,1 coat wait 20 seconds add another coat and wait 7 mins and i get easily a week from it.
Another good glue to try is Oil Resistant Glue,easily available on e-bay.
Both these glues work great in humidity and heat,especially the Ghost Bond for me.
I have read some reviews where people have trouble cleaning the Ghost Bond from their scalp,i have to say that i have never experienced that at all and find it easy to clean up,again it could be down to your own body chemistry?
 06/21/2011 01:00 PM

Author Icon
cocoloco
Regular Poster

Well, I bought it so, at least, I'm going to give it a try and see how it works.

So, do you only use 2 coats and get a good attachment? Is that also good during summer? I mean, if you plan on going swimming 2 coats are enough for you too?

How do you de-attach and clean?

Yes, I know about that glue too. ORWG and Hollister are next in my list if this one doesn't work for me.
 06/21/2011 02:13 PM

Author Icon
hersute
Accomplished Poster

The Hollister glue is being used by spraying it in to the cap and then dipping a brush in the cap.
The glue is then brushed on to the scalp.
If you've got the GB glue, then your best bet is to experiment with 2-4 layers.
I can imagine 4 layers being a devil to clean up!
Lace Release spray is what most people use to soften the glue and detach the lace.
I use the ORWG and have never needed more than 1-2 layers.
Its the only glue I've ever found works for me.

-------------------------
"Does my forehead look big in this?."
 06/21/2011 02:30 PM

Author Icon
cocoloco
Regular Poster

Yes, I wil try GB and check how it works on me.

Should I use something like a painting brush to apply it to my scalp? I guess I will use only 2 layers, maybe 4 is too much.

For cleaning I have a Walker solvent I bought at Hair Direct and Isopropyl Alcohol. I hope it makes cleaning easy.
 06/28/2011 01:12 PM

Author Icon
cocoloco
Regular Poster

I would like to ask the GB users about how much time do you have to wait for showering after attaching. I just want to make sure I wait the time needed.

Thanks
 06/28/2011 02:33 PM

Author Icon
wide parting
Accomplished Poster

You can shower safely after 24 hours,but i tend to wait at least 36 hours before i wet my head in the shower.
 06/28/2011 02:49 PM

Author Icon
cocoloco
Regular Poster

I asked that because I guess that after attaching a unit for the first time you need to wash it before getting a cut in. Am I right? How long do you have to wait to have a cut in?
 06/28/2011 03:02 PM

Author Icon
cocoloco
Regular Poster

I have another question but it's completely off topic.

What's the best way to shampoo the piece when it's on your head and when it's off your head?

I've washed the unit for the first time to have it ready for attachment and I think I did it in the wrong way because I got some tangles. How do you guys do it?

Then, you apply the conditioner (in my case, leave-in) and comb right after spraying it or dou you wait some minutes?

Thanks
 06/29/2011 02:03 AM

Author Icon
wide parting
Accomplished Poster

When you recieve your unit for the first time it is best just to fill a bowl with slightly warm water,add a few drops of shampoo and placing the piece in lace side up and gige it a gentle swirl and leave for a few minutes.
Rinse the piece under the cold tap lace side up.
Then add some conditioner to the hair and gently brush through,avoiding getting the conditioner down into the knots, before rinsing again under the cold tap lace side up.
Place in a towel and pat dry.give it a light spray of leave in conditioner and gently brush through and leave to dry.
Once completely dry you can spray some knot sealer on the lace,2 light coats is enough.
Again once the sealer is dry you are ready to attatch and have cut in.
This is also how you would normally wash and condition the piece when unattatched every time,after you have removed any excess glue residue.
To wash it while it is on your head then wash your hair as you normally would but do not rub the hair as this can and does cause tangles.
Just use a brush to gently brush the shampoo and conditioner through your hair,that's what i do with no problems.
 06/30/2011 08:53 AM

Author Icon
cocoloco
Regular Poster

Great, great tips wide parting!! Thanks a lot, they are really helpful to me.

When I washed it for the first time, I rubbed the hair so I got some tangles.

I'm using Bonacure Color Save pack (it has shampoo, leave in cond and a mask) and I don't have a shower conditioner. Is it good to use one?

I would also use the brush technique when showering, I guess it's the best way.

As for the knot sealer, do you use it after every attachment? As I'm in Spain, getting some knot sealers is not that easy so I thinkg I'm gonna get me some Scotchguard, will that work?

Thanks
 06/30/2011 09:28 AM

Author Icon
wide parting
Accomplished Poster

Go to your local art and craft store and get the acrylic fixative spray that artists use to seal their charcoal drawings.
That works great,any brand will do.
 06/30/2011 01:59 PM

Author Icon
cocoloco
Regular Poster

Thanks wide parting! I think that product will be even easier to find than Scotchguard. I'll check in store close to where I live, hopefully I can find it there.

Regarding the conditioner you use after shampooing (not the leave-in conditioner), which one do you use? Do I have to look for a sulfate-free conditioner? I've checked two of them and I havent't found sulfates in them.
 06/30/2011 02:29 PM

Author Icon
wide parting
Accomplished Poster

Preferaby one for colour treated hair if you can get one.
The main thing is that you get moisture back into the hair.
 11/04/2016 01:31 PM

Author Icon
vor
Regular Poster

any other ghostbond fans here?
Statistics
35971 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 319 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 319 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc