hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Sensigraft. Please Help =(
Topic Summary:
Created On: 06/14/2011 07:46 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 06/14/2011 07:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
JCamber

Hi,

a little about me... im 22 years old, i started losing my hair at 18. I was on propecia for 4.5 years, recently stopped because someone warned me about the sexual side effects and i didnt want to take the risk.

Suffice to say, my thinning hair is eating away at me, cant say i've really been happy in a long time. I use to be a very confident guy, and did very well as far as girls went up until i started losing my hair. Going from that to someone who is insecure about his appearance is very depressing for me.

I am hoping that i can get the sensigraft hair replacement. the only thing is im not really that bald yet, but im noticably balding and i cant stand it. Anyway im wondering can anyone not be eligible for this technique?? do you have to be very bald to get it?? money is not an issue, I need my life back

Thanks
 06/15/2011 08:06 AM

Author Icon
beemark
Prolific Poster

I don't know if you're ready for a hair system or not, but don't be fooled by fancy names for what is really just a hairpiece. All of the double-talk is just a way to convince you that what they are selling (at a premium price) is unique, which it isn't.

-------------------------
Disclaimer: I am a seller of hair systems.
 06/15/2011 05:08 PM

Author Icon
Derick63
Prolific Poster

Or is sensigraft a type of a hair transplant and not a hairpiece? If it's a hair transplant, you should be posting in the the hair transplant of this forum and ask them. If it's a hairpiece, please let this forum know the name of the company so you can get some feedback as someone may know the company.
 06/16/2011 12:33 AM

Author Icon
LaRouches
Occasional Poster

It's just a fancy name for a thin skin system.
 06/21/2011 02:44 PM

Author Icon
JCamber

Yes as LaRouches said i think its a thin skin system. Here is the website
http://mhnhairstudio.com/solut...r-loss-solutions.html

how do those work? do u have to be more or less completely bald?

has anyone used something like this?? how do haircuts work??

Thanks guys.
 06/21/2011 11:32 PM

Author Icon
hersute
Accomplished Poster

You can see from the site pictures that you don't have to be completely bald to use their hair systems.

Its just a thin skin system which many people use, but also many people find too hot because, unlike a lace base, it doesn't allow the skin to breath as much.
The base of the thin skin would be attached in the areas where you have thinning hair and it would integrate with the areas of your natural thicker hair.
Its just like any other hair system.
Also it probably requires more maintenance and reattachments because any hair regrowth under the thin skin would have to be regularly shaved.
With a lace base, regrowth of any shaved hair can regrow through the holes of the lace.
These too have to be re-shaved eventually, but are less of a problem between reattachments.

Its all quite logical really.
But if you're interested in the company's products, you should approach the company itself.
Its best to understand the basics before asking for the details and peoples opinions/experience.

There are hundreds of different companies out there offering more or less the same products, but using different names and ways to describe those same products.
If you're serious about finding a good supplier, you're going to have to savvy-up and learn not to be misled by the marketing hype.
Otherwise you'll be spending the rest of your life asking questions about the latest 'new' hair systems and never actually get on with sorting out what to do.

If you've read about a system offering you a solution and read all about the product, and you still don't even understand what that product basically is, then that alone should tell you something about the company your thinking about giving your money to.

There is no perfect system.
They are all basically the same.
They are Lace based or Skin based and sometimes a combination of the two.
The hair is attached to the base using knots or sealed in to the base. This is what companies are calling 'grafts'.

Probably best to avoid companies that aren't being clear and open about what it is they are actually selling.
Don't do your research based upon hope. It pays to be a bit cynical in this business.
You're being too easily misled. You've got to learn to cut through the hype.

This is the advice I've given to another guy in your position:

Think about getting a new mobile/cell phone.
There are HUNDREDS of different ones out there.
They basically all do the same things, but some are more suited to what you want than others.
There are continually 'new' types being offered.
It would be very hard to advise someone you didn't know which type/make to buy.
Only you would know what you wanted once you saw it.

So, to get what you want, you go to the shop and have a play around with the different models/handsets.
You make a note of the make, model & price and then go home and look it up on the net to see if you can get the same deal cheaper.
If you can you order it on-line.
If you can't, and its exactly the one you want and don't want to compromise, you go back to the shop and buy it.

This is how you need to think about getting the right hair piece.

Go visit some of these places that are getting your hopes up. Talk to them, actually see what it is they're selling.
Go see if they are any different to the products being sold on-line much cheaper.
Ultimately this is going to go on your head and be part of who you are.
You can't rely on other peoples experiences & opinions to inform you.
They are not you.
You need to do your own first-hand research.

As for your question "how do haircuts work?? "

If you don't understand how the hair system works, its too premature to be asking how the haircuts work.
However, again its just logical.
Your natural hair grows and the system hair doesn't.
So you get your natural hair cut regularly to the same length of the hair system.

Good luck!
Statistics
32079 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 9 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 581 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 590 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc