hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Workout in your full lace wig
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/11/2011 06:49 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/11/2011 06:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jamesc
Regular Poster

Hi all,

I've just got my full lace wig (full cap) this week. I use blueliner tape and walker ultra bond (liquid adhesive) for the front and tapes for the back. Since I've been wearing the wig, I am very worried about going to the gym. And I have no idea how to clean the wig after workout. Should I remove the wig and go through the normal cleaning routine or should I just wash it while taking my shower and having it on my head?

Edited: 10/11/2011 at 01:52 AM by jamesc
 03/12/2011 10:40 AM

Author Icon
Derick63
Prolific Poster

I have a full lace topper and bond with Walker No-Shine tapes. I also workout everyday. My goal was to find something that I could leave attached for about 7 days before removal. As such, this combination works well for me. When I am done with my workout, I simply take a shower with my topper attached. I remove every 6 to 7 days depending on when is most convenient, and do a bit more cleaning of the piece and my scalp. Then pop it back on and good to go another week.

Hope this helps.
 03/13/2011 09:36 AM

Author Icon
young guy
Regular Poster

Derick,
Keep up with the gym! I admire you healthy lifestyle ;-).
Since you work out everyday do you "shampoo" everyday? How do you prevent hairpiece's color from fading? Usually after a couple of months red/brassy highlights starts to invade hairpiece. Don't you have to color your piece once in a while? Even the best Color protection shampoo (such as Pureology ;-)) can't prevent to 100% that the hair that have been processed/colored at the factory won't let those red/brassy tones show up after 2 months of wearing. I think that you already wrote in a previous post that you use Back2Natural (or was it someone else). I already use Back2natural once a week but I think that if you shampoo everyday you must use a LOT of Back2Natural right?

Edited: 03/13/2011 at 01:27 PM by young guy
 03/13/2011 03:59 PM

Author Icon
Derick63
Prolific Poster

Hey young guy,

Yes, I do shampoo everyday and sweat more now than ever before ever since doing P90X workouts everyday!

Anyway, I do use Back2Natural but really don't use a lot of it. Once a week in the summer definitely because of the sun. But in the winter, maybe every 3 weeks tops. The color in the piece stays quite nice even with everyday washing. I find the sun to be the real destroyer of hair color.
 03/13/2011 04:50 PM

Author Icon
young guy
Regular Poster

I went on Youtube to see what P90X workout is all about. OMG! You do all that!!!
You must be in top shape these days. I think you only use Walker tape all around to bond your all lace system; right? It's impressive that Walker tape would still hold sweating like that. What about your hairline (usually the hairline is the first place that lifts).
 03/13/2011 05:00 PM

Author Icon
Derick63
Prolific Poster

Yup, I had to restart P90X twice... Although I thought I was in great shape, the first time I started, I could not keep up with the trainer on the DVD at all - I even felt sick to my stomach a few times. This despite doing repeated boot camp programs at Gold's gym. When I finally could keep up, I discovered that my weight set was holding me back from keeping up - changing the weight took too much time so I bought these weights called PowerBlocks - they are amazing. They are like nested weights that take up 1 square foot of space. So now I'm fully into it - day 14 of Phase I.

Ok, that's an aside from the topic of hair - the Walker No-Shine holds up without any problem. No lift at all. In fact, when I go to remove it after 6 or 7 days, it's still holding on like super glue. That's why I like tape so much.
 05/10/2011 06:07 PM

Author Icon
jamesc
Regular Poster

Hi there, thanks for all the contributions.

Edited: 10/11/2011 at 01:52 AM by jamesc
 05/12/2011 01:35 AM

Author Icon
newdisco
Prolific Poster

I tape my all lace (no poly strips) full cap down with 1.5" Walkers no shine roll tape for a rock solid hold no matter what I throw at it.

I usually put 3 mill lace tape at the hairline. Remove and clean every 7 to 10 days.

Re-dye it after 2 months and every 4 weeks thereafter. I just got 15 weeks out of my HL full cap which isn't too bad.
 05/13/2011 07:29 PM

Author Icon
alyssaivan

so does real human hair lace wigs would be helpful?
i think this will not have so many problems as synthetic ones.
but i could not be imformative because i only wear my wig in some occasions.
 05/19/2011 07:36 AM

Author Icon
devilfish
Occasional Poster

most people are buying real hair pieces
 05/20/2011 10:39 PM

Author Icon
mimi

Yes You can work out in your unit...As far as washing the unit while on your head, you can do that as long as the shampoo does not get on around perimeter hairline to loosen glue. Here are some FAQ's that will answer alot of questions of what you can do with the full lace wig;

What is a Full Lace Wig or Front Lace Wig?

Also known as Full Front Lace Wig, Lace Front Wig or Lace Wig. Full Lace Wigs are constructed on a base of full lace with the entire wig cap being designed with transparent lace all around the perimeter of the wig and may contain a stretch panel in the middle. With the full lace wig, you can wear your hair in high up dos and ponytails. Once applied, the wig creates a flawless, natural and invisible hairline. A Front Lace or Lace Front Wig has the transparent lace only in the front of the wig and the remainder of the wig is made from a regular netted wig cap. You are not able to wear a front lace wig in high up dos or ponytails.

What is the difference between a lace front wig and a full lace wig?

A full lace wig is capable of being parted anywhere on the scalp. They work great if you are going to have the hair going back giving a completely natural hairline worn back or down. The front lace wigs have the lace in the forehead of the wig. You still get the completely natural look, but the front lace you cannot be used as a high tight pony tail.

What is difference between lace and thin skin?

Lace Front is usually a small piece of nylon net that extends about 1 inch out from the front of the base unit. The Lace Front can be trimmed and easily customized to the desired hairline. It is very natural looking and better for hotter climates, but is not as durable as thin skin. Thin Skin bases are more durable than lace and also gives the appearance of hair growing from the scalp. The bottom layer of thin skin base is a thin specially blend of Polyurethane materials that can accommodate any kind of attachment (bonding, tape etc), but is best used in cooler climates.

What is Indian hair?

Indian human hair is obtained from individuals that live in India and is the closest quality in texture to European hair. The hair is finer and softer than most Asian hair. The length, texture and cost make this hair the most favorable with the making of wigs and hairpieces.

Who makes the wigs?

Our lace wigs are custom designed by professional wig makers.

What are Bleached Knots?

A bleached knot is a technique in which the knot that is made when each strand of hair is hand-tied into the lace at the base of the cap and bleached to make it a little lighter so that it is less visible. It gives it a more natural appearance as if the hairs are growing directly out of the scalp. This is recommended when you choice a dark hair color.

Who Can Wear These Wigs?

These wigs are for anyone - adults, teens and children. Lace wigs are also perfect for cancer patients, alopecia patients, and anyone going through hair loss due to medical conditions or scalp disease.

What Kind of Hair is the Wig made from?

Our wigs are made from 100% Indian Remy Hair that comes from one single donor. The hair can be ordered in 4 textures - Straight, Yaki, Wavy or Curly. We also have Chinese, European, Malaysian, and Mongolian hair available by custom order.

Which Cap Style Do I Chose?

There are many different style caps - the most common are the full lace cap with ear to ear stretch, the full lace cap with no stretch, front lace only cap meaning lace in the front only, full lace cap with thin skin in front and lace around entire perimeter of head.

Why are these wigs different from any other wig?

We use 100% remy human hair, the wigs are hand made using a net and each hair is pulled through strand by strand (hand-tied). The wig can be parted anywhere with a natural look. Hand tied wigs are not bulky to wear and lay flat to the head.

Can I wear this wig even if I have my own hair?

Yes, you have to make your own hair as flat as possible or if you prefer, in cornrows underneath. It is best to have your own scalp showing when you wear this unit for a more realistic look. You may also use a skin toned wig cap/liner which is adhered with the same process as the lace wig.

Can I wear this wig in a pony tail?

Yes, simply request lace all around the unit.

Does this wig feel heavy?

No, it feels very light and weighs almost nothing unless it is very dense (130% and up).

I am African American and need hair that is more realistic looking and natural. Can I purchase these wigs?

Yes, the natural look for African American hair is called Yaki hair which resembles hair that has been relaxed.

Can I straighten or curl this hair with curling irons, etc?

Yes, this hair is 100% virgin human hair which reacts same way as your own hair.

I have experienced hair loss due to illness, is this wig right for me?

Absolutely. they are ideal for wearing for any reason. They are cool, comfortable, they don't shift or move when properly adhered, and you can look glamorous 24 hours a day.

When can I expect my wig to be finished?

Our In-stock wigs can be shipped out within 1 week. Custom Orders are usually ready to ship in 4 - 5 weeks, depending on workload. For an additional fee, we also offer a "Rush" option.

How long will the wig last?

Most wigs can last up to 1 - 3 years with proper care. The most durable lace is the French lace which lasts longer than the Swiss lace which is thinner and finer. Your lace front wig can last for many years depending on the upkeep and how often it is worn. We do recommend that you purchase 2 lace wigs if they are worn on a daily basis, and alternate wearing them. We also provide you with full care instructions free with every wig purchase.

How do I attach or wear the wig?

The wigs are relatively easy to attach. We provide you with FREE instructions, as well as, care instructions that teach you how to install and how to care for the unit. However, for you first wearing, we recommend that the wigs are professionally installed for maximum benefit and to ensure that the lace is properly trimmed, styled and installed.

Do you charge extra for Baby Hair?

You can add Baby hair option absolutely free - there is no additional cost.

What does Density mean?

Density is defined as how thick or thin you want your hair to be. The standard and most popular choice is 100% which is Medium Density.

How is the wig designed?

All of our wigs are hand-crafted using invisible lace. Then the individual pieces of 100% Indian Remy Hair is then skillfully hand-tied into the lace and knotted to prevent shedding.

I have a head full of hair - Can I still wear this wig?

Yes, you can braid your hair in small flat cornrows either in a beehive or straight back. Or you can wrap your hair flat back. Again, you may also use a skin toned wig cap/liner which is adhered with the same process as the lace wig.

Can I go swimming with the wig or get it wet?

Yes, the wig is just like your regular hair so you can do all normal activities with it on such as swimming, showering, sweating, etc. No one will ever know that it is not your very own natural hair. The only time you do not get it wet is the first 24 hours after applying the adhesive. There are also special water proof adhesives that you can use, as well.

Can the Wavy and Curly Units be Flat Ironed or Hot Curled?

If you order a unit and select Wavy or Curly texture - that is a processed texture that is put into the hair with a perm for the wave or curl. It should not be hot curled or flat ironed as it may over process the hair since it has already been chemically processed. The only units that can be hot curled or flat ironed are the Straight or Yaki Hair textures, or any unit that states that it is naturally curly or wavy.

Do I have to shave my hairline back to wear a lace wig?

No, you do not. It truly depends on you application preference. Some women prefer to tape/adhere their wig to their hairline (on their baby hairs or via shaving their baby hairs) in order to achieve a natural look. A natural look can be achieved without doing this. Be sure to properly cut your lace wig leaving enough lace to hold/adhere to the glue. Extra lace is needed to hold the lace wig firmly and avoid placing glue/tape to your hairline. Repeatedly placing glue and tape intentionally on your hair line will cause eventual damage.

-------------------------
There was a time that I did not want to go out in the public in 2008. I found a option. You don't have to feel alone, embarrassed or avoid going out in the public...There are natural looking, affordable nonsurgical hair options to feel whole again.

Edited: 05/20/2011 at 11:25 PM by Hair Loss Help Moderator
 05/20/2011 11:47 PM

Author Icon
jamesc
Regular Poster

Hi mimi,

Thanks for the inputs. I tried a full cap for a short while and now back to my old way - toupees. I still think toupees are much easier and convenient to take care, attach and maintain. Perhaps one day if my sides and back are completely thinned out then I will have to go for a full cap. For now, back to toupees.

Cheers.
 10/16/2014 12:50 PM

Author Icon
Allan-Judge
Regular Poster

I'm doin P90x3, but I haven't had mine attached yet lol. Just had to get that in there to make it look as if i'm a health freak... I'm not.

Anyway, Driclor is your friend. I posted a thread about it the other day.
It's a roll on that contains 20% aluminum chloride. Put it on before you got to bed and it will close your sweat glands off for a week, then just re apply it. It stings a bit, depending on how much you put on but it works. I used to have bad hyperhydrosis on my forehead/back of head, in 2007 I started wearing it, stopped wearing it in 2012, the problem has gone away untill recently, so i'm just going to buy another bottle of it.

£6.99 or so in Boots. You wont regret it.
Statistics
32081 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 2 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 769 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 771 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc