hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Toplace question
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/03/2009 12:41 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/03/2009 12:41 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MikeyD
Regular Poster

Hi,

I was about to purchase from TopLace but have seen quite a few negative comments.

Their own forum seems a little subjective obviously.

I just wondered if these were one off issues or if problems are the norm.

I have read stories that the hair is bad quality, that they usually come back the wrong size and the density. That they are late with delivery.

The guy who looks after it seems so nice, I love his philosophy so Im a bit surprised to be honest.
 07/03/2009 06:25 PM

Author Icon
young guy
Regular Poster

Yes, they were polite and nice with me on the phone but... my two systems that i bought from them had density inconstancy; waaay too thin on top and particularly near the crown, too much density in the back. I returned them for a free repair. They did put a little hair on top but it still didn't balance with the density elsewhere.
*Don't ask them to put some "blond" highlights because they will choose a faded "grayish sandy" color for you. They're both in my drawer and I never wore them.
Y.G.

Edited: 11/20/2011 at 02:29 PM by young guy
 07/04/2009 02:59 AM

Author Icon
MikeyD
Regular Poster

Thats not good at all and thats the kind of thing I am worried about.

Why did you not get your money refunded?

I don't want to be in a position where I waste the money.
 07/04/2009 09:58 AM

Author Icon
adepss

Toplace is all about BA making a quick buck IMO
I tried them out last year and even paid the express delivery and priority processing which all in all cost me an extra $100.
They told me I would get my hairpiece in no more than six weeks, yet it actually took nearly 9 weeks before they arrived.

One of the pieces had hair so dried up and brittle on the front of the piece that that a good 20% just broke of in the first combing.
When I inquired about this I received no response, their forum is all about putting down anyone that even remotely discusses another product or tries to share a differing view on hair system, very unhelpful and defensive bunch if anything i received ridicule from the forum moderator with several Tl members joining in the bashing.

it is a very negative site overall.

My hair system lasted only a month and a half before the poly lining on the sides broke away from the french lace , after 2 months the system had lost about 50% of the hair even after using their recommended knot sealer.
the other system fared a little better but still shed badly and the hair if not gelled in a wet look always looked so dry and brittle.

I will never order from TL ever again
 07/04/2009 05:37 PM

Author Icon
MikeyD
Regular Poster

Thanks adepss.

That is worrying. I can understand that they don't want other products discussed on their own site but all these bad experiences with Toplace worry me.

On one hand the likes of Farrel and AHS are deemed expensive and truly are awful, yet what is the alternative?

Who do you use now?
 07/04/2009 08:00 PM

Author Icon
adepss

I use coolpiece and hollywood lace, both have fairly cheap systems especially HL and the quality is better than Toplace.

So far I am very happy with theses hairpieces. I had to throw my TL hairpieces out virtually after 1 and a half months due to them just falling to bits and I am a seasoned hair wearer.

The problem with toplace is that the systems are really inconsistent, production quality, time for delivery, quality of hair differing from one order to the next and recently they are using a circular stitch method on the lace which for some reason makes it very difficult to achieve good adhesion with tape on lace.

The other main annoying factor with TL is that they bash members that post differing viewpoints from the Forum Moderator, there is this BA dude that runs the forum that was absolutely bashing Michael Jackson, (what does that have to do with a HS anyway is beyond me) yet any member that posted support of ML due to his recent pasing away was labelled as an idiot and then later banned. Just reading lots of these arguments and what not also really put me off TL, I mean what kindof company focuses on bashing paying customers?

So Far TL have bashed Farrell (maybe rightly so here) HD, HL and most of their competitors yet they still haven't improved their own product quality and or service to their customers although they do sometimes get it right.

If you jump on their forum (not recomended though, you can uncover (although many posts were deleted) a large proportion of their customers claiming they received something they didn't order and had to send the piece back.

A few guys ordered highlighting and they received something that resembled leopard spots on their piece, how this can even be shipped out to a customer after waiting 8 weeks is beyond me) other TL customers reported pieces with knots still unbleached at the front even though they requested bleached knots.

There were a few memebers at there recent convention that had their hair personally attached an cut in by TL peopl yet two days after the convention their piece started coming off and wouldn't stick back on no matter what adhesive they tried using.

After posting his concerns of the forum this memebr was lambasted by the moderators.

Just last week they banned Michigan Baldy and a guy that produced Bluemax hair piece conditioners for selling the DVD and hair product which they created to other Hairpiece sellers. Aparently TL feels once you sell a product on their forum then you may only sell via them exclusively.

It is becoming like a lair for tyrants over there and many are leaving in droves due to this but mainly also for the poor quality of their Hairpieces.

Much better to buy hairpieces from Hollywood lace and coolpiece. At least you get a piece that lasts longer and looks more realistic.

Edited: 07/04/2009 at 08:14 PM by adepss
 07/05/2009 12:20 AM

Author Icon
great chef
Accomplished Poster

i have used toplace about a dozen times most of the times they been spot on but i have had the odd problem but nothing major . i have met ba a few times he talks it as it is he wont bull sh*t you .i do use a other company as well who are are very good .give them a try and see for your self
 07/05/2009 01:24 AM

Author Icon
adepss

I have given them many tries in fact all of the past 7 months however in comparison cool piece and Hollywood lace deliver a much better product in terms of quality and value. Its up to the individual however there has been an alarmingly large increase in complaints against TL in terms of quality in the past six months, ( They have changed the way they produce pieces and the circular sewing of the lacing is a far cheaper but inferior type of product than what they were producing a year ago)many are saying the same thing that ordering now from TL is like gambling, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, it should never ever be that way IMO.

No point gambling when you have HL and coolpiece which have a higher approval rating and far better track record than TL or farrell, you have a consistently good product delivered to you when you order from HL or Coolpiece, for now there is no comparison.
 07/05/2009 03:08 AM

Author Icon
MikeyD
Regular Poster

Thanks.

So I should go for one of them. I was about to go with HL but Toplace were cheaper.

But I really don't want to play roulette, I want a decent hairsystem, thats the bottom line.

If Toplace are so inconsistant then I will not go any further with them. Nobody has really defended them here, so thats enough for me.
 07/05/2009 03:37 AM

Author Icon
great chef
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: adepss

I have given them many tries in fact all of the past 7 months however in comparison cool piece and Hollywood lace deliver a much better product in terms of quality and value. Its up to the individual however there has been an alarmingly large increase in complaints against TL in terms of quality in the past six months, ( They have changed the way they produce pieces and the circular sewing of the lacing is a far cheaper but inferior type of product than what they were producing a year ago)many are saying the same thing that ordering now from TL is like gambling, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, it should never ever be that way IMO.

No point gambling when you have HL and coolpiece which have a higher approval rating and far better track record than TL or farrell, you have a consistently good product delivered to you when you order from HL or Coolpiece, for now there is no comparison.

i have heard not so good reports about coolpiece HL farrell so they have all got there problems .. i have found a new company that will blow the rest of them out of sight ................
 07/05/2009 03:39 AM

Author Icon
MikeyD
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: great chef

i have heard not so good reports about coolpiece HL farrell so they have all got there problems .. i have found a new company that will blow the rest of them out of sight ................

Who are you talking about then?
 07/05/2009 04:26 AM

Author Icon
adepss

mikey D I order constantly from coolpiece and Hl each for a specific system, I go with Hl for their excellent ultra fine swiss lace, very undetectable and go with a french lace, poly permeter through coolpiece for when I really want to go out and play a lot of sport.

These two companies make the finest hair systems and they have a proven track record.

great chef says he has a new company? well what is it? and also it's new so where is the reliability? still let us know as what this new company is...so far HL at $159 is the cheapest and the best in terms of quality IMO.

TL is a gamble with your time and money, we have all been through that and it was an experience best forgotten.
 07/05/2009 11:18 AM

Author Icon
ant080808

I used to use toplace and I thought the quality of their system was really good. The only thing that stopped me using them was UPS ripping me off with an import tax and their fee for paying the import tax on my behalf.
 07/05/2009 02:22 PM

Author Icon
adepss

Well actually that again is toplace because they can put the value of the package at a lower rate thereby helping you avoid the xtra surcharge.
Maybe they were ok over a year ago, but no more, their systems are a gamble in investment now.
 07/05/2009 02:32 PM

Author Icon
gomonster
Occasional Poster

Hi MickeyD,

I have ordered from them all. You name it I have probably ordered from them. Every place I have ordered from over the years has had issues one way or another with someone or something. With that said, you can see from my previous threads I have been using Hollywoodlace for about 3 years now and am a big supporter. In my opinion, they have the best pieces and take the least blood out of my wallet. So my vote goes for HL.
 10/24/2009 08:22 AM

Author Icon
El Che
Regular Poster

After receiving my latest order from Holywood Lace,I would offer my opinion that Toplace is much better.I'll never order from HL again they are a joke!
I'm going to place my next order from Hair Apparent
http://www.network54.com/Forum/241571/
Anyone any opinions on other companies that provide quality pieces at reasonable prices?

Hollywood Lace Invisible Thin Skins,Invisible knots......I dont think so!!
 10/24/2009 10:59 AM

Author Icon
pollosuper
Occasional Poster

To me is no possible have always a good system, frankly said i don't know who are better between toplace and hollywood, i have read a lot of comments good and some negative on both.
The thing i think both like all men can make errors ...i think that too often the weareres of prostesis no intend that these are handmade custom thing and mistakes are possible, we must intend it and give to the provedor a second change...of course he must change the system free if there are big problems...these attacks for me are no good for the forum

My 2 cents, Bye.
 10/24/2009 04:43 PM

Author Icon
El Che
Regular Poster

They had their second chance and they screwed it up.When a company advertises a product then it should live up to its description. I don't make any apologies for posting a negative review after they don't take their second chance to make things right.I have no problem in giving a company a second chance but when you give clear instructions and they are ignored plus the fact that I waited almost 4 months for the order only for it to be wrong again,then that in my view is totally unacceptable.I don't take kindly to being messed about by a bunch of incompetent clowns.

That Pal is my 2 cents
 10/25/2009 12:40 PM

Author Icon
pollosuper
Occasional Poster

I didn't known you gived them a secand chance at this time you make good to no order from them.
I'm good whit newlacecu, a hair system in indian has a cost of 100 dollars and when they don't make a good work then can repair immediatly the mistake...at this time try whit them.
Bye.
 10/26/2009 07:24 AM

Author Icon
trevorlee

El Che,

I understand perfectly how you feel, although my experience is with Toplace. The situation is still under discussion, and I will update once I received the final decision/update from toplace.
Statistics
32085 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 8 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 470 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 478 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc