hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Coolpiece vs. TopLace
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/21/2007 10:10 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/21/2007 10:10 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Derick63
Prolific Poster

I'm currently a TopLace customer but rather unsatisfied with their quality control. Even two pieces made at the same time, to the same specs, have had radically different hair color and varied in density by over 10%. Over the years I have never gotten two TopLace piece that are even remotely close. The few that I have gotten that have worked out have been very nice though.

The question I have is Coolpiece's quality control any different than TopLace's? Or have I just been extremely unlucky with what I've been getting from TopLace? Everyone on TopLace's forum seems overjoyed.

Thanks,
Derick
 11/22/2007 02:52 PM

Author Icon
blue1820
Regular Poster

I understand top lace was moveing when i placed my last order but i paid $30 extra for faster shiping and i got the $2.87 shiping so i`m not happy with that and they said i could send my specs though e/mail and it wouldnt be a problem then after i paid there was problem after problem with my order.i allso asked for bleached knots and didnt get it and if you complain on there fourm they are snobby.o well i will try coolpiece next they cost a little more but if they can do what they say there gonna do then i dont mind paying more.so coolpiece will get my money next time and i will try them.but i plan on makeing my own and my cost will be around $100 per unit and about 30 hrs time.but what toplace needs to understand is you make your coustomers happy or they go else where.

Edited: 11/22/2007 at 03:15 PM by blue1820
 11/23/2007 09:08 AM

Author Icon
Derick63
Prolific Poster

Yes, the forum people will defend BA to the end. I don't know why. I have had order after order messed up. He has "tried" to fix them. But all he has done is sent them back to the same factory that messed them up in the first place. BA definitely has a real "hands off" attitude the past 6 months or so and has developed a real attitude. His responses to many of the posters are often short and sarcastic. Interestingly enough, no one is collecting for a Christmas present for him this year as they have in the past.

Nevertheless, I'm still wondering if anyone has consistently ordered from Coolpiece and whether or not their quality control is any good.

As I said earlier, TopLace piece are very nice WHEN/IF they get them right. But so far I have never gotten the same color hair twice, the crown is never in the place I specify, the units come with breaks when I specify freestyle with no breaks, and worst of all, the unit NEVER fit my head - they are always too big.

So is Coolpiece any better? I don't mind paying the extra money if the unit is going to be as I ordered it.

Thanks,
Derick
 11/28/2007 10:51 PM

Author Icon
folliman
Prolific Poster

One thing about CoolPiece is Jeffrey must sit at the computer or carry a blackberry around all the time.. He answers emails extremely fast. I can't complain about pricing for either Toplace or Coolpiece b/c they are basically free compared to other places.. like all the clubs.

Anyway.. I've had problems recently, but it might be due to a combination of my specs, haircuts, and the way I care for the pieces.. So, I can't complain about Toplace.. I haven't ordered from Coolpiece since my first two pieces a few years ago.. only b/c I'm not made of very much money.. Even $600 every 4-5 months is still a lot for me to spend on hair.. but cheap on comparing the prices to other companies that offer lower quality pieces for 10x the cost or more.

Bottom line.. if I was a good candidate for a transplant.. I would be more serious about doing that.. I'm going to look into that again. Wearing hair is such a hassle for me.. just b/c I'm too sloppy with cleanup and application,etc.

It's pretty much either bald or a hairpiece for me.. and I have a big head.. looked good when cut to a #2.. but I can't do that anymore b/c I have no hair on top.

11/30/2007 10:18 PM

Author Icon
blue1820
Regular Poster

folliman i would recomend you do alot of reading every fourm you can read on an HT before you do that because i did and most said its the worst thing they ever done because there scared for life and that would be worse than being bald haveing a scared head the rest of your life and no turning back from that.but a hair system works out great for me at the moment and who knows they might come out with some thing new to help people like us one day.and Derick63
soon as i order from cool piece i will let you know how that goes.but if they dont work out i will go to hair direct and pay the extra before i order from top lace again and i heard theres is a 100% money back guarantee.i guess as the old saying goes you get what you pay for.

12/04/2007 08:59 AM

Author Icon
Derick63
Prolific Poster

I ordered from HD and was not impressed with the piece I received. The hair was WAY too dense and the diameter of the hair shaft itself was very thick. This despite talking extensively to the consultants on the phone and sending in a piece (from TopLace) that was the right density but was the wrong color.

HD got the color right but not the density. I sent it back and they re-did it as they said they would (or offered me my money back). The second piece that was redone did have less density, but it was still thick and the diameter of the hair shaft was super thick. HD will only redo the piece once or offer you your money back. If you have the piece redone and you are not satisfied with it, you are out of luck.

I have always found TopLace hair to be very nice, but again the orders were never consistent. I'd appreciate hearing from the thoughts of the one poster who has recently ordered from Coolpiece when he receives it.

Thanks
Derick63
 12/05/2007 08:44 AM

Author Icon
GeorgiaGuy

I have ordered from Coolpiece for the past year. Hair is very consistent, high quality and I highly recommend them. Very good customer service. Toplace is not bad, but I find Coolpiece to be a better for a slightly higher price. To me, it is worth it. Of course after being a Farrell client for five years, everybody looks good
 12/05/2007 11:02 AM

Author Icon
Derick63
Prolific Poster

So do you find Coolpiece more consistent than Toplace, or do you just like their hair systems better than Toplace? I certainly don't mind paying the extra money if they are very consistent and can get the order pretty much the same each time I purchase from them.

Thanks,
Derick
 12/05/2007 11:21 AM

Author Icon
GeorgiaGuy

From my experience, I get the exact same unit every time I order. They are very consistent. Great customer support as well. IMO, worth the extra money. Their hair lasts longer as well.
 12/06/2007 07:26 AM

Author Icon
Derick63
Prolific Poster

Thanks for your response! I will try Coolpiece.

Derick
 12/08/2007 07:08 PM

Author Icon
Alibaba

Originally posted by: Derick63
I'm currently a TopLace customer but rather unsatisfied with their quality control. Even two pieces made at the same time, to the same specs, have had radically different hair color and varied in density by over 10%. Over the years I have never gotten two TopLace piece that are even remotely close. The few that I have gotten that have worked out have been very nice though.

The question I have is Coolpiece's quality control any different than TopLace's? Or have I just been extremely unlucky with what I've been getting from TopLace? Everyone on TopLace's forum seems overjoyed.

Thanks,

Derick

I ordered a front-lace system for the first time from Cool Piece, and twice I had to send the new systems back because there were clumps of hair inserted in the wrong direction. I'll see how it goes when I receive my order for the third time. Also, the colour was off - a little too light. I think I'll just stick with going to a salon I know in Toronto where I can get a stock piece for 500CA$.

Alibaba

12/14/2007 10:49 AM

Author Icon
great chef
Accomplished Poster

never had a system from coolpiece and i never will, ive been with toplace for nearly 2 years and im very happy with them . the hair is great . BA is one hell of a guy he will bend over backwards to help hes a top man .they put on conventions at no cost to the customer who else does . come on guys your paying $195 ...when i started wearing i paid up to GRAND
for a bloody wig . and they were no better then toplace . and now toplace is doing custom systems in 10 days

den
 12/25/2007 06:51 AM

Author Icon
Mael71
Occasional Poster

One of TL's rabid fans, I see.

It'll be interesting to see if they can pull off that 10 day custom order. You also forgot to mention that they're $300. For $300 I think I'd rather have a Coolpiece that wasn't rushed to be finished in a few days.

The thing to remember is that all these hairpieces are made my human hand, so there will be variations. Unless it's a BIG mistake, you can normally fix it yourself. Or send it to Debbie and have her look at it, especially if it's just a color problem.

Mael
 01/26/2008 04:24 PM

Author Icon
macmike
Occasional Poster

Derick63 - I was wondering if this was with Toplace's new factory or old factory? I believe any of the forums owned by hair companies, whoever they may be, will defend the owners of the companies whither good or bad. I learned that over on the Hair Direct Forum the hard way. I had density They don't mind having you right as long as they are complements. Once you complain you are labeled a troll and pretty soon banned from posting. Now I am assuming this forum is not owned by a Hair company and have told some to come hear to discuss differences.
 01/28/2008 12:07 PM

Author Icon
francesco33
Occasional Poster

couldn't agree more... ba is a good guy but since he got real big, he's crankier and crankier...
i sent a template, had decent pieces in the past, but the new factory can't follow a simple template...
it was over an inch too short and ba said to give measurements beacause you can't rely on a template???!!!

what??
it is exact.. your factory was sooo far off it's not funny... and say 1 little negative there, and they'll jump on you and threaten a ban... his prices are at over $200 each now for inconsistant units... coolpiece is ok, but similar now...prices up and they don't last! mine faded after 8 weeks...then blew good $ on hollywood (total bs) and maxpiece ( no quality for the $$$$)

I went to ebay and tried maxgayer... my mistake... they are stock and turn into straw..

then I got 2 custom from e-bay that are really good tho... 4 weeks and soft and perfect specs that I told the guy... he is a wholesaler so i took a leap of faith and it's paid off bigtime...

if he stays this way ( unlike the others) I have found my perfection!

here's the site...

do your own homework, but my gamble paid off....so far...

Edited: 01/31/2008 at 10:07 AM by francesco33
 01/28/2008 08:20 PM

Author Icon
MichiganBaldy
Prolific Poster

It`ll be easier to do our homework if we had some pics to go by, why dont you post a few of your nice custom e-bay pieces so we can see what you`ve been spouting about.
 01/29/2008 06:16 AM

Author Icon
great chef
Accomplished Poster

good point MB
 01/29/2008 05:27 PM

Author Icon
francesco33
Occasional Poster

Originally posted by: Derick63

Thanks,

Derick

shhhhhhhhh... don't let police chief michigan baldy hear you giving an opinion... shhhhhhhhhhhh...careful

I too was with toplace until a template "wasn't enough" as it came in 1" 1/2 too short.. I was supposed to give measurements to make sure/.. Most of mine shed terribly and a lot of people posted similar issues but it's turned into the emporer's new clothes anymore... shhhhhhhhhhh... I think baldy is listening

01/29/2008 05:29 PM

Author Icon
francesco33
Occasional Poster

I couldn't agree more guy...BA has changed...class act and honest in general just intolerant anymore and turned it over to john in whom I have little confidence after 2 orders...

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh... keep it down tho......
 01/31/2008 12:39 PM

Author Icon
MichiganBaldy
Prolific Poster

Hey whats going on in here!??!
I`m watching you, lol!
Hair Loss Help » Hair Systems » Coolpiece vs. TopLace

1 2 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
30753 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 385 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 386 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc