hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: hair club's Non-Surgical Bio-Matrix Hair Replacement System
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/08/2007 10:06 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/08/2007 10:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
jakey
Prolific Poster

i was wondering if anyone knows anything about this or has any comments on it. its says it is undetectable. i have been losing over 300 hairs a day and in one month i went up on the norwood scale and i dont believe it is going to stop until i am bald. im 21 and i am pretty sure my hair will be all gone in a year or two. i have tried propecia but i get sides. i am on rogaine foam but i dont think its possible to keep my hair till my thirties. i looked in the mirror today after my shower and i could see my entire scalp and what i would look like if i was bald. i am a good looking guy with a lot of girls after me but im going to be bald and ugly soon and the rest of my like will be embarrassment and humiliation. i found this hair system and i was thinking that it could work for me. im so desperate. if i am bald for the rest of my life i dont think i will ever be happy again. can anyone tell me what they think about it? i will include a picture of my hair that i took today to show you that i am going bald very fast. just during christmas time i had a full head of hair but since being of propecia for 1 month my hair now looks like this.

02/09/2007 11:12 AM

Author Icon
socalchef
Regular Poster

Bio-Matrix is more or less a standard toupee, just a little more expensive than some of the online purveyors.

There are a lot of former clients who were less than satisfied with either the service, product, or price, though I'm sure there are some that enjoy their pieces as well.

Whatever you do, be careful of the marketing BS that Hairclub's become famous for. All the fancy terms and names usualy boil down to nothing more than an everyday wig. Wig's can look great, totally realistic and comfortable, but it's important to do research before you decide on anything like that.
 02/15/2007 11:50 AM

Author Icon
Justanotherbaldie
Prolific Poster

jakey, forget HCM, they totally suck. Don't waste your money. In fact forget about wigs altogether, you're 21 years old, believe me you don't want to go down that road.

It does look like you may be thinning some. My advice: take the meds you can tolerate to keep what you have for as long as you can. Cut your hair shorter, thinning hair always looks better shorter. And if you keep losing hair and are certain you don't want to live with it, start researching transplants.
 09/09/2007 09:36 AM

Author Icon
harryknot

Stay away from HCM
these clowns are crooks.They tell you what you wanna here, then screww you later.They promise all kinds of things with their contract.

They will try to change shit in the contract anyway.
My contract states as long as i am a HCM member i will recieve 2 systems a yr and no charge for color or hair adds,,but they just told me they weren't going to honor it anymore and i had to pay,,AFTER they had added hair of course,then refuse to give it back until i payed.They tried a while back to get me to sign a new contract where i would recieve 4 systems a year,but they cant even get 2 right a year.As well as giving up several other things in the original contract.
Spread the word ...these assholes are crooks..STAY AWAY
 09/10/2007 06:07 AM

Author Icon
CameraEye
Prolific Poster

Edited: 10/10/2007 at 04:14 AM by CameraEye
 09/10/2007 06:21 AM

Author Icon
CameraEye
Prolific Poster

I'll never forget the time they tried to get me to sign an agreement to pay more money in the middle of my contract. I was completely speechless. Leaving them was one of the best decisions I ever made.

Yes, stay away from HCM. The first hair system might be decent but after that it's all downhill.
 09/10/2007 11:46 AM

Author Icon
gringoloco
Accomplished Poster

Yes definitely stay away from HCM. They charge way too much . Their stylist are rude and under trained. I was a member for a little more than a year.

The stylist here in miami didnt have a clue what they were doing. The system was always put on uneven and the color was way off. The infomercial they have is so misleading. I did not even know it was going to be a hair piece when i went there. The consultant there made me think it was some new technology to make all my hair grow back.

Not until after they shaved my head did they bring in this hair piece to glue to my head. They are such con artist. I lost around 7 thousand during my year with HCM

-------------------------
3 strip surgeries from 1994 to 1999 Dr carl shory with terrible pluggy results$9000
2002 another pluggy strip sugery Dr lawrence shapiro$3000

alan bauman made things much worse with double scarring and no results from 3 surgeries 2005 to 2008.$21000http://www.flickr.com/photos/51211721@N03/

Feb 26/27 2014 2015 grafts Dr Umar, results pending
 10/01/2007 02:22 PM

Author Icon
halsted
Regular Poster

Hacks! The whole lot of them!
 10/24/2007 10:15 AM

Author Icon
Boxster

First, let me say THANK GOD FOR THIS WEBSITE!

Yesterday I visited HCM for the first time. I have to say, other than the receptionist, they were all very nice. They went over the various treatments they offer...

Maxxam Hair Products
    Bio-Matrix (Wigs)
    Hair Transplant

I was actually impressed with the Bio-Matrix. Their consultant eventually admitted he was wearing one. I kept looking at his head to see if I could figure out if he was a patient at HCM or not. I think he noticed and finally said, "Hey, I'm wearing one. Feel it!"

Then he broke down the pricing for each. The Hair Products would cost approximately $1800 US (plus tax) for a full year. The Bio-Matrix was going to cost $1800 US (plus tax), plus $250 per month for maintenance. That included a new wig every 3 months, included haircuts, etc. The Hair Transplant was going to cost approximately $5 US per Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT).

I've noticed my hair slightly thinning for just over a year now. It's not bad at all, but I wanted to get a head start with my options to minimize losing more hair. During the consultation with HCM, they guy suggested I should transfer 1500 to restore my full head of hair. I guess that's not so bad considering everything I've read on this site. So, $7500 doesn't sound so bad right? But neither did $1800 for the Bio-Matrix... but then there were monthly fees associated with that option. I was leaning towards Bio-Matrix because it looked damn good on my consultants head, and it looked good on the TV infomercial, and it looked good in all the 'before and after' pics. I didn't sign a contract (thank god), but I scheduled a doctor consultation.

I left there feeling pretty good. I put the top down in my car and headed home to double-check my finances. I logged into my online banking to see if I needed to shuffle some money around. For some reason, I did an online search for 'Bio-Matrix'. I weeded through the BS sites, and found this site (amongst others with similar opinions). And so I read and read for a few hours... eventually coming to the realization that my money could better be used by buying my own wig and learning the procedure to secure it on my head myself. But I also quickly learned that it will most likely look like a WIG !!!!! Screw that !!!!!

So I kept browsing this site and read more about the surgical options. I eventually found that doctor in Vancouver, Canada. Someone on this site had great things to say about him. I figured if I'm going to spend the money, I might as well get the best guy out there. I'll go to Vancouver eventually to meet up with him for an initial consultation and schedule my procedure.

I was about to go into contract with HCM, and then I saw this site. I wanted to thank everyone for contributing to the dialogue. I don't have much to offer in these conversations (yet), but I promise to add where I can. HCM has a good sales pitch, but after doing some research, I think they're a bunch of hacks. I did learn from them that minoxidil should still be applied to the front of my head regardless of what is suggested on the bottle (only works for the back of the head, crown area). I also learned from HCM that I should get on Finasteride to stop more loss. Oh well, at least I learned something from them. Then again, I would have learned all that from this site too! ;-)
 11/01/2007 01:04 AM

Author Icon
blue1820
Regular Poster

As stated by many stay away from HCM.save some money and learn to do it your self its not rocket science.and jakey i fealt like you do at 37 years old but there is hope check these sites out i would recomend both for a soulution other then shaveing your head and start likeing the mr clean look.

http://www.coolpiece.com/index.html
http://www.toplace.com/

I have used toplace but i think i`m going to try coolpiece next just to see if theres a diffrence in service between the two but both sites have the best systems out there just check out there photos and see for your self.hairdirect allso offers a good product but cost a little more.
Statistics
32081 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 817 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 822 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc