hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Trouble Fitting Stock Hairpiece (Possibly Solved, Not Sure)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/26/2017 05:18 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/26/2017 05:18 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
NoHairNoFair
Regular Poster

I often order a stock ultra thin skin unit and then cut the base to fit me,
but sometimes I just can't get it to fit right.

I think the problem may be that the stock piece comes with quite a bit of extra material in front of the hairline, that goes all along the front from temple to temple, and I cut it out because I don't want to wear all that extra, bare material on my forehead.

It's hard to work with the hairpiece with that material there because the extra material flips up or under itself and generally gets in the way of things, and you can still sort of see it even when it's flat down, which is why I remove it, BUT...

It seems that the extra material holds the hairline in the proper shape.

If I put on the stock hairpiece without cutting that stuff out, the hairline seems to be the right shape, but when I cut it out, it seems to lose its shape.

Cutting out the extra material seems to make the hairline wider and amorphous, and then it just doesn't look right and if I haven't cut the sides of the base to fit yet, then I can't figure out where to cut them because nowhere looks quite right.

I think the next time I get a stock piece, I'll try cutting the sides of the base to fit BEFORE attempting to remove the extra material from the front.
Statistics
36176 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 266 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 266 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc