hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Midpoint of Hairline
Topic Summary: If it's as low as I think it should be, it wrinkles in a strange way. If it's higher, I look like older and balding.
Created On: 01/04/2017 05:17 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/04/2017 05:17 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
NoHairNoFair
Regular Poster

I'm still relatively young, and I don't want to look middle aged or balding.

In order to achieve a youthful adult hairline, the center point of the hairline has to be low enough.
However, it seems that when the midpoint of the hairline is low enough to look as young as I want, it covers the muscles in my forehead and wrinkles up in a weird way if I furrow my brow. Sometimes the edge will actually stick over my wrinkled brow when I do that. It's uncomfortable and looks weird.

But it seems like if I make the hairline higher, then I look like a middle-aged balding guy, which is not what I want.

I know you're not supposed to wear the whole thing way down on your forehead because it looks weird, but the middle point has to be a little low or it looks like you're going bald.

I think the trick may be that I need to get the shape of the hairline just right, but I'm not entirely sure how to do that.
Maybe I need to make a solid hairline along a higher contour and then add a few scallops along the front to create the middle portion?

I've found that if I stand close to the mirror when I'm adjusting my hairline, it looks lower than when I stand farther away, and that throws me off sometimes.

I have a polyurethane ultra thin skin unit, and I have a lot of trouble making a good template or resizing a stock unit because of these issues. I feel like it would be easier if I wasn't drawing on my own head.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Edited: 01/04/2017 at 05:25 PM by NoHairNoFair
 01/04/2017 05:34 PM

Author Icon
NoHairNoFair
Regular Poster

This is an example of what I'm going for.
It's an older hairpiece that I had designed for me at a hair studio several years ago.
Unfortunately, the piece eventually deteriorated, and the hair studio is really expensive and won't work with my online-ordered hairpieces. Also, it was not polyurethane, but some kind of lace or monofilament and was a front partial, whereas I now wear an ultra thin skin polyurethane full piece.

hairline56.jpg
hairline56.jpg  (16 KB)

01/04/2017 09:36 PM

Author Icon
Diskret
Occasional Poster

Can you post some pictures of this problem?: I cannot understand what you mean.
Statistics
35754 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 985 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 986 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc