hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Fully Pre-Customized Order
Topic Summary: They generally don't do the whole thing..
Created On: 10/03/2016 11:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/03/2016 11:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
NoHairNoFair
Regular Poster

I want to order a poly skin hairpiece with blondish hair in the front and medium/dark brown everywhere else, and then have it dyed BY THE SHOP to match the other hair (so the V-Loops disappear) before they mail it back to me.

I usually order stock units from CoolPiece or Northwest Lace, but, as I recall, I once asked them if they would do this with a custom order, and they said that they can give me the light in front and dark in back, but won't dye it to match. I want them to dye it for me because I'm not an expert on hair dyeing and I want to make sure it looks good, and also, I'm pretty busy and live with other people who need to use the bathroom/kitchen sink.

Also, at least one of them told me that they don't cut the excess skin all the way back to the hairline of the template, which means that I would end up having to do that myself, and I don't have much time for that kind of thing.

I'm also interested in getting some scalloping along the hairline, and possibly have the hair pre-cut to style.

Does anyone know of a shop, within the price range of the other two I mentioned, that will do all these things for me so that my hairpiece is ready to wear when I get it?
 10/06/2016 04:56 PM

Author Icon
beemark
Prolific Poster

The factories don't want to color the hair at the hairline because it's just not what they do. Retailers don't want to do it because they're concerned about screwing it up - and also they would have to add an additional charge for the service. If your hair is a medium-dark brown, like a #3 or #4, standard factory knot-bleaching is generally effective.

If the factory you order from does a good job of graduating/staggering the hairline, scalloping at the hairline is not necessary.

-------------------------
Disclaimer: I am a seller of hair systems.
 10/08/2016 01:41 PM

Author Icon
ImBringingHairBack
Occasional Poster

I order custom lace pieces from Northwest Lace. I have black hair. In order not to have the bleached knots issue for the front hairline area, I have the front area made in blond hair and have the blond hair dyed to black. When I get my piece, the front area is already dyed black. Not sure if the factory colors it or Eric asks someone else to do it. And now, Eric can have an entire piece made in blond hair and then have it colored black.
 10/08/2016 02:03 PM

Author Icon
ImBringingHairBack
Occasional Poster

I also order custom lace pieces from HD. They can use blond hair for the front hairline area and color it black. They call this "recolor". The factory doesn't recolor; HD does it in-house.
 01/04/2017 02:21 PM

Author Icon
NoHairNoFair
Regular Poster

I want to use scallops because sometimes when the front midpoint of my hairline looks like it's low enough, it partially covers the muscles in my forehead, which can be uncomfortable and can cause the hairline to move around. If I put the main edge up a little higher, and then use scallops to extend just certain points lower, it seems like it would be more comfortable, stay in place better, and probably look a little more realistic.
 01/04/2017 09:42 PM

Author Icon
Diskret
Occasional Poster

I think Debbie Theriault can do the dying for you and can trim the extra lace (for payment) if you use NWL.
Statistics
35704 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 601 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 601 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc