hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: laser comb and foam
Topic Summary: success from laser comb and rogaine foam
Created On: 10/19/2009 04:36 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/19/2009 04:36 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bazt
Occasional Poster

hi i have been watching these forums a while. this is my first post though. i will not post again (probably not) unless it is to answer this thread.

the reason i am posting is to tell you about success from products. i have had receding for about four to six years the first. then the last couple of years i have had thinning on my vertex. i have used lots of different products but they all had problems. i used minoxidil but it itched, i used xandrox with some success it stopped falling out by about seventy percent. i used rivivogen with the same result as xandrox but it left orange stains. i have used all of them for the experimental period and had some success.

however i have used the laser comb and minoxidil foam in conjunction they have filled in my thinning hair and regrown the hair at the front to regain most of my hairline. i just wanted you to know it is possible. there are a couple of techniques i will tell you about too.

you have to use the laser comb every day for at least twenty minutes you have to hold it on each area for at least one to two minutes and not move it. i know that goes against the instructions but i think they tell you it is quick to get you to buy it because some people will not do it if they spend that long, but if you are really desperate it works. the longer you use it the more effective.

i would also like to tell you how i think it works. after i have used it for a minute or two i get a little residue, it is like thick glue or but not as sticky although a bit sticky more greasy. anyway what i think happens is it kills or neutralises the dht or sebum or whatever the stuff that causes the hair to fall out. i am pretty sure about this because it affects the whole head in a short time. perhaps it cooks it or irradiates it or something. all i know is that it seems to stop the hair falling out and regrows it and thickens up and leaves that residue.

in relation to the front i use rogaine foam twice a day although if i use it three or four times it grows it faster and thicker so although i do not practice more than two times a day it is more effective if you use it more i found at least. the laser comb helps there two to a lesser degree. i find the foam works at the front and the lc at the back i have stopped using the foam there and only use it at the front now.

i hope that is helpful. remember if you want the laser comb to be effective you have to use it every day for at least twenty to thirty minutes so if you used it before and it did not work this may be why.

good luck. i will hang around the forums for a few days to answer any questions on the thread.
 10/20/2009 03:37 PM

Author Icon
knight77
Regular Poster

Thanks forr the info!!

What is the name and model of lasercomb you use?
Maybe your getting the residue from cooking the foam you applied earlier and it is causing it to pentrate better??
Thanks

Tim
 10/21/2009 06:51 AM

Author Icon
bazt
Occasional Poster

the residue is definitely something to do with sebum or scalp residue i stopped using the foam on the vertex area and the laser comb is on it own working at least so far. so there is definitely some residue from the laser comb alone it is not that much but you can feel the scalp has sweat or released something but you have to do it for at least one or two minutes in one place. also even if you just do one area it seems to improve the whole head. i don't know why but it seems beneficial perhaps the sebum starts in the vertex and spreads and the laser comb prevents this. perhaps this is why the balding starts there. either way if you use it for a constant two minutes in small areas round the vertex it will help a lot. note i am not bald or even have a bald patch i have correction had a thinning area which varied from a golf ball size to the area you would get if you cut an orange in half and measure the flat bit. however it has completely thickened up to the touch and the you can only see thin parts in certain lights which i am hoping will stop in a week or so but still in normal light it looks normal unlike a few weeks ago.

in relation to the front. foam is applied after the laser use. i do that two times a day sometimes three or four for the first couple of weeks the more the better but don't over do it two is sufficient after the first couple of weeks. i think this is another where sebum or residue is created after the laser use it feels as though it has sweat but it is thick and minimal.

i hope that is useful. remember it only took me a couple of weeks to get this so it is quick but you have to do it religiously. also i have little loss but thinning it is visible or was but now it is not so i don't know if it will help on bald spots. if you try it can you tell me results.
 10/21/2009 06:52 AM

Author Icon
bazt
Occasional Poster

sorry i forgot it is a hairmax laser comb one of the old ones it is the se.
 10/24/2009 08:01 AM

Author Icon
bazt
Occasional Poster

has this post been helpful?

if you try it out will you post your results.

i put this up here to help people so if someone else finds it useful it would indicate it works and could help others.
 10/24/2009 08:08 AM

Author Icon
knight77
Regular Poster

Hey man,

I sent you a private message. Are you going to post before/after pics?

Tim
 10/24/2009 01:58 PM

Author Icon
bazt
Occasional Poster

the problem is solved now. well almost. so i haven't got any. i guess i could stop and start again. this is the second time and it is working again. i don't really want to stop again. what i could do is show what it is now and then post in a couple of weeks but it has nearly filled in already so i don't see the point.

it only takes a few days to get a bit darker and you feel fuzz this happened last time too. it then takes about one to two weeks before you can not see the scalp and then it just grows like normal hair but shorter than the rest. after i got my hair cut last time i got complacent and was not strict going every other day or so and it went back to thinning again. basically if it does not start to show after two weeks it is not working or you have to do it for longer remember hold it one spot for one or two minutes and do not move during that period do not brush through just hold it there and then move to the next place after that two minutes.

i will try and get a camera but it only visibly thin in certain lights now so it is almost filled in again. the best thing you can do is try it out for your self and be strict. if you don't already have a laser comb i am not trying to sell you one. if there is any one here that has tried it and said it does not work try again doing what i said. also foam works with the front for me i don't know about others though. i will pm you.
 10/24/2009 02:35 PM

Author Icon
bazt
Occasional Poster

hi tim i have just read your pm. sorry i did not know about that earlier it is not alerted.

i will try to answer your questions.

i will give you history. i started to loss hair minimal at the front when i was about nineteen twenty. i was very distressed like most people. just the lose at the front took a lot of my looks and confidence. i tried minox it worked however it itched so i would scratch out the benefits. when i did not scratch it did grow the hair at the front it was downy hair unfortunately. i tried xandrox which reduced loss quite a lot but it is expensive it also did not regrow hair. i would not advise it on a budget.

about two three years ago i started to thin at the back. this was distressing it is was a spot at first and the last year or two it got to a patch thinner near the vertex and less in the middle. i tried foam in late 2008 and instantly it grew back the majority of lost hair at the front within two weeks it was dark almost full but a bit thinner. like i said if i used it three or four times a day it was faster and thicker so you might want to try that at first. also the foam is cheaper than minox liquid because it lasts longer apart from kirkland which is cheap but slightly less affective (note only slightly so if you are on a budget might be worth it).

anyway i got the laser comb a few years ago when the back started to thin. i did not use it properly so i did not think it worked (this is common i think). i followed the instructions for a week or two and it did not work so i stopped. anyway i started using the foam on the back when i started using on the front it shed so it thinned a lot and it went near to bald people to me. then still on the foam at the back it thickened up all apart from a small area so then i tried retinoic acid (don't) with the foam it made a lot of it fall out. so then i went back to the foam and i got worried (badly probably like what you feel, like checking it all the time and being really self conscious etc) so then i thought what about the laser comb why did some say it worked and others not. i got the old one out and had a look at what the light looked like. i beamed it on my finger and it has little red splogges like when you see a picture of the sun i looked closely (do it yourself) and i thought this is different to other light i have seen this is doing something i don't know what but it is.

then i decided to use it properly with the foam. within the first time of using my hair was better. then within two to three days i could feel fuz on the scalp and two weeks later you could not see the scalp. i kept it up with the foam for three weeks to a month and went to have my hair cut. this was the first time in months from concern about loss. my hairdresser said it had filled in. so i got complacent and did not every other day and brushed through it not holding it in one place. so then i started again without foam on the back about ten days ago it worked again so i posted to help others. i also take zinc every day. it is as a result of the laser comb though.

in relation to where i got the comb i got it about three years ago on the internet from hairmax sellers. i don't know now. but i have seen alternatives for half the price. a hairmax in england it about £200 maybe £300 i have seen others for £129 £150.

other names are velform, proxtra, x5, neolight.

i don't know if the others work but i think they would. i assume you live in america so i do not know. interestingly they do a proxtra helmet in america at amazon for $100 - $200. some links.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=...sl_5xe9gvi9i8_b

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb...er+comb&x=0&y=0

there are a couple for just over $100 dollars. you usually get a return period so if it doesn't work you can get your money back. the proxtra looks good but i can only witness the hairmax. also the hairmax i have is the cheapest hairmax so you don't have to get the most expensive one.

i will stay on the forums for a while to see responses and i will try to get a picture but i have to get a camera.

10/24/2009 02:41 PM

Author Icon
bazt
Occasional Poster

oh yes one more thing i think it regrew hair lost but also thickened it. i say this because the hair is downy at first and very short.
 10/24/2009 11:13 PM

Author Icon
knight77
Regular Poster

Thanks for the feedback Bazt. I can't wait to see the pics, hopefully front, middle and back.
-Did you ever get any thinning in the middle of your head?
-Do you apply the foam all over your head except for back of head?
-Do you use the laser in the front and middle of scalp as well?
-Does the laser reduce the amount of hair that falls out meaning less hair in your brush now?

Thanks, anything else you recommend besides the foam and Laser brush? I am thinning over the entire top.

Seeya-Tim
 10/25/2009 10:06 AM

Author Icon
bazt
Occasional Poster

in relation to thinning. it started at the back near the crown and it went down the middle. but it was not as bad. that has filled in now. it is just a bit at the back that is still a bit thinner but it is thickening up that is what i will hope to show you with pics. i use the foam only on the front of the hairline although you might use it elsewhere that could be costly though. i find the comb is the secret to the top.

the laser does reduce the hair loss. i don't know by how much but i do still lose some whoever you could not tell. in regards to pics i will try to get my mum to lend me her camera now and takes some shots. it is difficult because some lights (as i am sure you know) show through more than others. so i will have to do it at night with the same light for consistency. what i may have to do is par the hair and show where it is less dense as it has filled in quite a lot so it is not that visible now.
 10/25/2009 12:23 PM

Author Icon
bazt
Occasional Poster

ok i went to image shack.

I DELETE IMAGES DUE TO THE OVERSIZE

the first one is of the back. it is in abrasive light so you can see through strongly. this is now it was much worse and went in the middle in a line. it has improved about eighty percent but still not completely filled. like i said this is abrasive light in other light you cannot see through.

the next is the front. not this is in the abrasive light notice i have a full hairline if you look the front part is a little lighter that is the new hair it has filled in and looks like good hair in less abrasive light. also the part behind was lighter before too so it has filled in from about half way into the side burns to where it is now so it is very successful. it is ninety percent back to where it was with good hair.

the next picture is the top again a little parted to show the thinner areas in the abrasive light again.

the final picture is the top again but in less abrasive although still a little abrasive light. do you see the difference this is difficult to take show because light makes it worse so this is what looks like in a less abrasive light. in daylight it looks normal and you cannot see through it at all. note the middle was like this a while ago and the back was worse so it has helped a lot.

i am nearly fully filled in in all lights now so i will post in a week or two to show further improvement. it has improved eighty percent from starting you will just have to take my word for it.

this was not an easy task i had to do it on my own focusing is hard. are they sufficient. tell me what you want and i will try again if they are not. but it is not easy.

was that helpful.

Edited: 11/08/2009 at 12:45 PM by bazt
 10/28/2009 05:49 AM

Author Icon
bazt
Occasional Poster

You wanted to know where you could get a cheap laser comb.

http://www.getwireddirect.com/order.html

the helmet looks good i want one. but i will have to save.
 11/05/2009 02:32 PM

Author Icon
chonger
Accomplished Poster

hi i have been watching these forums a while. this is my first post though. i will not post again (probably not) unless it is to answer this thread.

guys, please don't waste your money. A new poster shows up and opens his thread w/ his disclaimer (see above) and then posts pics that you can hardly even see and then "surprise" leads you to the link to buy a product that offers dubious results...AT BEST.

chonger
 11/05/2009 05:10 PM

Author Icon
bazt
Occasional Poster

Originally posted by: chonger

guys, please don't waste your money. A new poster shows up and opens his thread w/ his disclaimer (see above) and then posts pics that you can hardly even see and then "surprise" leads you to the link to buy a product that offers dubious results...AT BEST.

chonger

the pictures are viewable if you press the right mouse button and press view image. in regards to the product i linked to several different brands. i will put new pictures up when it improves.

11/07/2009 06:56 AM

Author Icon
knight77
Regular Poster

Bazt, I just sent you another message.
 11/08/2009 11:33 AM

Author Icon
bazt
Occasional Poster

hi tim this is a pm chonger sent to me. when he apologised.
start
i guess it's the way you announced that you are only here to post this one time...like people are supposed to go "ooohhhhh"....seemed a little strange IMO.

i've used lasers with no results. The pics on all the sites that sell them are horrible and really don't look like there has been any real change. It was amazing to see how many lasers came to market as soon as one of them got FDA approval. Seems like a giant scam to me.

chonger
finish

i think he was saying because in my first post i said i only wanted to post once it seemed odd.

anyway have you tired right mouse clicking over the picture then clicking view image that enables you to look at the picture in smaller size. i have posted this a couple of times on the thread and on pms. have you tried. does it not work for you.

finally no i am not trying to get money i linked to lots of different combs so if i produced one i lost. so i am not trying to make money also i use rogaine foam.

in relation to that. the comb on its own on the vertex is not working. if you read the thread i said i stopped using the foam on the vertex to just the using the comb. since i have done that the hair has thinned a little. however just the foam on its own also doesn't do the trick. you have to do both.

i have found the comb gets the hairs to sprout but thin. the rogaine then makes it fuller. so this is why you have to use both.

i will try to take some more pictures for you of what it looks like now that i stopped using the foam and it thinned.

i will use the foam for a couple of weeks in tangent and see what happens. i am worried because i might get a shed. i did last time i started with the foam. so i am worried i will lose hair in the short term it lasted for three weeks or so. either way i will keep you posted.

finally please can you try that right mouse (on the actual image) then view image to see if you get a smaller picture. i will try to improve the images on my end and take more.

also if i was trying to get money i would not put so enormous effort in. at the end of the day the time i have put in would not be worth it for the number of laser comb sales i would get here if i was a merchant so it would not be economical to do that.

all i can say is you will have to trust me. you could as easily say i am a seller of rogaine foam. i am not but it would look like i am trying to push it.

i will put this message on the thread.
 11/08/2009 12:11 PM

Author Icon
bazt
Occasional Poster

deleted

Edited: 11/21/2010 at 04:06 PM by bazt
 11/19/2009 01:31 AM

Author Icon
bazt
Occasional Poster

tim i saw you on another forum.

http://hair-restoration-info.c...566060861/m/7121052792

if you are the same guy it linked to some photos of you when you used fin. i think it will work well if you use my technique but you might get a shed.
 11/25/2009 12:14 PM

Author Icon
bazt
Occasional Poster

i have moved the pics to a new thread. documented rogaine shed cycle.

Edited: 03/19/2010 at 12:18 PM by bazt
Statistics
32246 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 730 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 736 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc