hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Locked Topic Locked
Topic Title: Artistry Concepts Tattoo
Topic Summary: My Experience
Created On: 09/25/2009 09:30 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/25/2009 09:30 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
gap2117
Prolific Poster

Hey, I'm with my family for the next few days, but I will contact AC and get them to either post or send me the before and (immediately) after pictures.

I wish to God that I had done this prior to going for an HT. I look at the top of my head, though still swollen, and I see how I imagined my hair would look each time I shelled out 10k/HT, only to find myself heartbroken by the results...But not this time.

1. My older scars covered beautifully. The newer one, just over seven months, was pink before I went in and probably will still be for another few months because it isn't totally healed. The verdict is not out on that one, and anyone who has seen that scar knows that it was an uphill battle from the start. Older scars definitely take better, but even a masking is great for now.

2. Mark, the artist, spent nearly a day and a half working on my head. Not, Mark and three of his techs, just Mark. This was a new experience for me. I've been through three HT's and in all three, I vividly remember waking up and the doctor not being in the room. He said that he doesn't trust anyone else to do the work, because of the patience that it takes to do it the way that it needs to be done. For that I am very grateful.

3. Does it look like Dermatch? No. He uses his own specially designed needles to recreate actual follicles. If you've followed this link than you've probably been to the AC site and will see what I'm talking about. I saw pictures of patients from other studios and it looked like a fifth grader's spray paint project.

4. Will he do lines instead of dots? Yes, but doesn't recommend it. I was pushing for it and got talked out of it. At this point I am grateful.

5. Does it hurt? Yes. Is it excruciating? No. If you have even a relatively good pain tolerance it is more than doable. It feels like a tattoo on any other part of your body (likened to fingernails running along a sun burn). I don't claim to be immune to pain, but I listened to my headphones as he worked and the distraction was almost enough to relieve the ping of the needle poke.

6. Cost? You get what you pay for. We hear this sentiment echoed on this site constantly. This procedure is not as cheap as getting your girlfriend's name tattooed on your arm, but probably less expensive than when you have to go get it removed. It is definitely cheaper than an HT and you are more certain of the results. The price varies on the area covered, but I can assure you that the utmost time and precision will be taken.

7. I have gotten e-mails about concerns over the "look" of the AC site. Could it be more updated, like some of the other sites, sure, but the work that he does in his shop far outweighs the "look" of the site. Any teenager with a keyboard can piece together a website (except me), but at this point, only two days out, I don't know if there is another person around that can do the amazing work that he does in his office.

I will keep this thread going while my head heals and I will let you know of anything else as it comes to mind. Please ask me anything.
 09/25/2009 10:33 AM

Author Icon
arsgunner
Occasional Poster

What kind of ink does he use? Somewhere on this site I read he uses organic ink and than other he says specially formulated ink plus I never heard back from them(I'm guessing they missed my email by accident) I've researched around about organic ink and you don't get much at all.

When will you post actual pictures?

Thanks
 09/25/2009 11:28 AM

Author Icon
gap2117
Prolific Poster

I'm not sure, that's an excellent question. If I can find out, I'll let you know.
 09/25/2009 08:13 PM

Author Icon
Hair today,Gone tomorrow
Accomplished Poster

You really didn't ask what type of ink they were using?!?!?!??!!??!
 09/26/2009 04:24 PM

Author Icon
gap2117
Prolific Poster

No, I did...He said that it is his own blend of inks. I know that it's tattoo ink, not cosmetic, but I don't know whether it's organic or not. I'll find out for you though.
 09/27/2009 11:27 AM

Author Icon
gap2117
Prolific Poster

Hey guys, I'm going on interviews out of town until Thursday, so if you have any questions and I'm tardy getting back to you, I'll get to it the second I can.
 09/30/2009 12:21 PM

Author Icon
ironhead
Occasional Poster

Waiting for the pics? The procedure sounds interesting but you'll obviously need to keep your hair the same length every day otherwise it will look strange when your hair grows even a little
 09/30/2009 08:57 PM

Author Icon
gap2117
Prolific Poster

Hey guys, I'm still on interviews, but if you go to their site you'll see some photos. I've let me hair grow a little since the pictures were taken (probably a 1 guard). I've been on interviews all week and no one has said anything. More importantly, and I guess more telling, is that I haven't noticed that gaze that shifts up from your eyes and over your scalp (you know the one). I'm still waiting for the front to cure (lighten), but it seems like everything else is about settled and I'm really happy about it. I'll be home tomorrow night, there for a half day, and then flying out again, but I'll be going to an event so I'm sure they'll be pictures! Please contact me with any questions.
 10/01/2009 03:57 PM

Author Icon
arsgunner
Occasional Poster

Wow, the last picture looks pretty good, can't wait to see more photos with a better camera. Are you worried how this will look years down the line? what about when you start to get gray hairs? Did you find out what kind of ink?
 10/01/2009 05:44 PM

Author Icon
zoose
Occasional Poster

On a scale of 100 how much do you think this improved your appearence. Was it all totally worth it money and the confidence it gave you. Do you ever worry people will realize what you did. Your scars look alot better, the side shot you can only see a little that they are there.

The 2 procedures on the page you and another gentleman had transplants and pigmentation done. That seems to have the best results of anyone. You can leave your hair at a 1 clipper setting and pull it off great. I don't care about they style of my hair as much as i just want the appearence of a full head.
 10/02/2009 12:52 PM

Author Icon
gap2117
Prolific Poster

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, but I think that has a lot to do with spending my entire adult life covered in dermatch, toppik, and head scars. I love how my head looks now. This is the first time in 12 years that I've gone outside without a hat or a cover and felt confident. I'm not scared of someone touching my head, and wondering if my "hair" is going to come off on their palm. I feel like we should feel, with or without hair, and it feels great.

The big scar in the back looks a million times better, but it's still there and maybe I'll have that worked on. It blends in a lot better though, especially since it's still healing. I feel like this was the best decision I've made in regards to trying to "combat" my hair loss. I feel confident again. I don't feel apprehensive when meeting people. I'm short, so I was always at scalp level or lower with people eyes, and the dermatch was always so apparent. I'm still watching for people looking over my head, and it feels great when it doesn't happen.

So, I feel like me again, and that's nice. I wear my head at a 1 guard somedays, a no blade on others, and I might just grow my hair out. The scars are a work in progress, so once we come up with a new solution, I'm there, but this is the happiest I've been with my head in a long long time. Hope this helps. I'm jumping on a plane in a few hours, but I'll be back early next week. Let me know if I can answer anything. You guys were a real help leading up to this decision, so I'm here if you need anything.
 10/03/2009 02:38 PM

Author Icon
arsgunner
Occasional Poster

LOL

The guy with the scar is the OP,as far as feeling bald up top with hair on the sides, I wouldn't be too worried for myself if I ever did this because I'm a diffuse thinner and I have hair all over the top granted its thin but you wouldn't get the bald feeling on me.
I'm strongly considering this because I think something within the next 10-20 years something has to come about that grows back hair whether it be a surgery or magic pill. Just have to save money now, LOL
 10/03/2009 04:02 PM

Author Icon
jeffwode
Prolific Poster

wish this was an option for me. ahve a receeding hairline though, so think its a no go. would be too obvious if someone ran their fingers over my head, and i'd be constantly needing touch ups.
 10/04/2009 08:02 AM

Author Icon
zoose
Occasional Poster

i don't know about worring about people touching my head, i can't tell you the last time someone other than my wife touched me there. LOL

Even if a woman touched my head all you got to say i hate when people touch my head, then wink and say unless its a woman in bed with me then its cool.
 10/04/2009 10:10 AM

Author Icon
Hair today,Gone tomorrow
Accomplished Poster

I have to be completely honest, because lying serves no one...it looks like a bunch of tattoo'd black dots to me.
 10/04/2009 11:52 AM

Author Icon
arsgunner
Occasional Poster

It all depends on type of hair loss I think. I would never think about this if I was bald, this is great for diffuse thinners in my opinion. How is your hair loss? If I ever did this, I don't
think I'd ever shave it that short either
 10/04/2009 09:50 PM

Author Icon
gap2117
Prolific Poster

Well, since "lying serves no one," it is a bunch of tattooed black dots, but it looks the part. I had my head shaved long before I started losing my hair, back when everyone used to tell me,"You should grow your hair before you lose it." Many years later when I started to lose my hair, I kept it shaved, but people stopped telling me to grow it...because they knew I couldn't. This weekend I went to an engagement party and with the exception of the constant request to rub my head for therapy, the second most constant request was, "Please grow your hair before you lose it." There is no certain recovery, no one right answer, no turning back the clock. This option really worked for me. I am a diabetic and it's been surmised that the disease may have inhibited my HT's. I can't use the propecia because I also have a thyroid disorder, and though it isn't supposed to have side effects, it will most certainly interfere with the medication. This was the best move I've made. My head is shaved to 1/16 of an inch and no one even looks at it. The scar in back is rough...I'd love to fix it, but when it heals in six months I'll go back to AC and get it taken care of. If you look back at my posts you'll see I've been floudering for a long time, and I finally feel like I've touched ground, even if it's on ink hair follicles.
 10/05/2009 08:33 AM

Author Icon
zoose
Occasional Poster

When i look at it i just don't see the tatooed dots, i see what looks like hair folicules shaved, i think most of the general public doesn't know about this tyoe of thing so they would all pretty much accept that its your real hair shaved.
 10/05/2009 10:36 AM

Author Icon
Patrick_Bateman
Prolific Poster

Oh shit, I didn't realise the scar pic was the OP. My apologies dude, I certainly didn't mean to offend...
I've wrecked the thread posting them as well, this forum doesn't resize pics which sucks, I might edit and take them down.

Yeah the last time I shaved my head people were always touching it, so it would definitely be a problem for me I reckon.
I don't think it just looks like black dots though, I can't really even tell the difference in that big picture I posted. I bet if you showed that to an average person they wouldn't know what they were looking at, they'd just think it was a normal dude with a shaved head I reckon.
 10/05/2009 05:23 PM

Author Icon
gap2117
Prolific Poster

No problem, man. I live with it everyday, so it's cool. We do what we can. I really hate those scars. I really really do. the ones on the sides (the older ones) pretty much disappeared, but the huge one in the back wasn't really healed enough. the top of my head has enough hair that it doesn't feel weird to the touch, but the scar definitely does. I can grow my hair longer, but I shaved to 1/16th and it definitely looks better shorter. Though, I think if I had told them that I wanted to go longer they'd just go darker, which would help it blend better. My pictures are all on the site, so feel free to take a look. Have a great night.
Hair Loss Help » Experimental and New Hair Loss Treatments » Artistry Concepts Tattoo

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
36058 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 316 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 316 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc