hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Equol (topically applied!) will save us, I swear ! It’s much cheaper than Finasteride !
Topic Summary:
Created On: 09/04/2008 04:52 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/04/2008 04:52 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Equol
Occasional Poster

Hello

I wrote some emails to pharmaceutical companies which produce Equol. I asked the price for 1 gram Equol. The prices differ greatly:

sigma-aldrich 228’000 dollar
abcr 186’000 dollar
extrasynthese 42’000 dollar
boschesci 690 dollar
lclabs 470 dollar
advtechind 470 dollar
lanospharma 280 dollar
bepharm 14 dollar
wdfpharm 8 dollar
betapharma 4.40 dollar

If you choose the cheapest supplier (www.betapharma.cn), annual costs for topical treatment with Equol (5% solution, 2x1ml each day) will be just 160 dollar. That’s much cheaper than Finasteride. Another advantage of Equol: Equol can be used topically, Finasteride or Dutasteride can’t (blocking of 5-alpha reductase activity in the skin will only result in a mild DHT decrease because 5-alpha reductase is also present in other tissues). Due to the topical use of Equol the likelihood of occurrence of side effects is relatively low compared to Finasteride. And lastly: The long-term effects of Finasteride treatment are unknown (Alzheimer’s disease ?, arteriosclerosis ?).

There is simply no reason why you shouldn’t consider Equol.
 09/07/2008 07:37 AM

Author Icon
cloud9
Regular Poster

I tried to find it on betapharma . Is it under a deferent name ?
 09/07/2008 08:30 AM

Author Icon
Equol
Occasional Poster

Originally posted by: cloud9
I tried to find it on betapharma . Is it under a deferent name ?

No, it's simply under the name "Equol". Here's the link: http://www.betapharma.cn/en/SearchOut.asp?keyword=Equol&inway=Proname

09/07/2008 08:53 PM

Author Icon
el_duterino
Accomplished Poster

very good info, thanks a lot !
I have purchased Equol from LCL labs a month ago. just 500mg. I have not yet started to use it but I did mix it with 96% alcohol and keep it in my freezer. it was around USD$ 200 + shipping (expensive)

I think that even 500 mg could be enough for 1 year. DUT is 0.5 mg per day.

So yes, it is a very reasonably priced treatment. I have not started to use it yet, I was a bit scared of the side effects if this gets systemically absorbed.

Equol has a long half-life in the circulation. It could have some side effects even if used topically because a small amount will ge systemically absorbed and build-up in the system.
Side effects could be the same as DUT/FIN (low DHT) and others, such as:

"Our results show that this racemic equol can induce estrogenic effects on various parameters by acting through ER when present at concentrations routinely obtained in rodents fed soy-based diets"

Keep us posted.

El Duterino

-------------------------
FIN (1998 to 2004)
DUT (2004-2008)
DUT + Flutamide & Fluridil (2008)
DUT + RU (end 2008)
RU only (20mg to 400mg/day 2009-2011)
RU+Minox (2011- 2013)

At present:
-RU 20 mg/day (mixed to Neogenic)
-Neogenic (3ml)
-Minox foam

Edited: 09/07/2008 at 09:38 PM by el_duterino
 09/27/2008 07:17 AM

Author Icon
wantbackmyhairnow
Regular Poster

Equol is sistemically absorbed.I would not use it even if to me would regrow all the hair.If somebody want to change gender,then yes can use Equol.
 09/29/2008 01:32 AM

Author Icon
el_duterino
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: wantbackmyhairnow
Equol is sistemically absorbed.I would not use it even if to me would regrow all the hair.If somebody want to change gender,then yes can use Equol.

That's BS. Many men produce equol themselves in the body, and did not change gender. You need a lot more to change gender.
Some people also used 2.5 mg of DUT to inhibit all the DHT and did not change gender too.

FIN (1998 to 2004)
DUT (2004-2008)
DUT + RU (end 2008)
RU+Minox (2011- 2013)

At present:
-Neogenic (3ml)
-Minox foam
 09/29/2008 03:27 AM

Author Icon
wantbackmyhairnow
Regular Poster

Ask to a doctor if you do not believe me.You are right about many things and you have good knowledge,but really Equol is sistemically absorbed,do your own research.
 09/29/2008 03:30 AM

Author Icon
wantbackmyhairnow
Regular Poster

About Dut,it works differently than Equol!Of course with Duta you will not change gender.
 09/29/2008 03:39 AM

Author Icon
wantbackmyhairnow
Regular Poster

El-duterino you please read this:

http://westonaprice.org/soy/soy_update2004.html

I do not want to scare you,just i think many ppl try too many products and risk their health.
 10/01/2008 02:11 AM

Author Icon
el_duterino
Accomplished Poster

El-duterino you please read this:

http://westonaprice.org/soy/soy_update2004.html

I do not want to scare you,just i think many ppl try too many products and risk their health.

I read the article..I live in a country where people eat a lot of Soy. they have the longest life expectancy in the world.
they have the best hair in the world. very few people are bald by age 40 and a lot of middle-aged men have their teenage hairline intact, i am really amazed each time i see them.

i have 1 hour train commute every day and take a good look at their hair..

now back to your article..i agree that consuming a lot of Soy in order ot produce Equol for hair benefits does not make sense. It will be not healthy for people not used to Soy diets in western countries.
you would need a lot of Soy for a little Equol and only 30% of men are Equol producers anyway.

However, using Equol as a topical , in small doses, is different. this can have real benefits for hair wihtout the massive Soy issues.

FIN (1998 to 2004)
DUT (2004-2008)
DUT + RU (end 2008)
RU+Minox (2011- 2013)

At present:
-Neogenic (3ml)
-Minox foam
 10/01/2008 03:04 AM

Author Icon
wantbackmyhairnow
Regular Poster

Japanese have nice hair,but it is genetic i think,not based on the food they eat.
About Equol i know it was tried topically here in Italy and it doesn't work so well to stop hair loss and it has side effects, it creates thyroid problems.About cancer i can't add nothing,it has to be proved.
 10/08/2008 10:02 PM

Author Icon
Bryan
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Equol
If you choose the cheapest supplier (www.betapharma.cn), annual costs for topical treatment with Equol (5% solution, 2x1ml each day) will be just 160 dollar. That’s much cheaper than Finasteride.

I wouldn't call it "much cheaper" than finasteride. In fact, it may not even be AS cheap as finasteride, considering that you can get inexpensive generic versions nowadays of 5 mg tablets, and split them into quarters. Furthermore, finasteride is PROVEN TO WORK, whereas equol is still highly experimental, especially used topically like you're suggesting.

And here's another thing for you to think about: considering that the equol prices from those companies you listed were spread over a two-orders-of-magnitude range, do you feel comfortable with using the absolute rock-bottom priced equol from that cheapest company? Do you think maybe, jut maybe, it may be such low-quality garbage that it's unfit for human usage?

Another advantage of Equol: Equol can be used topically, Finasteride or Dutasteride can’t

Really? Where did you hear THAT?

Due to the topical use of Equol the likelihood of occurrence of side effects is relatively low compared to Finasteride.

Sounds like pure speculation, to me.

And lastly: The long-term effects of Finasteride treatment are unknown (Alzheimer’s disease ?, arteriosclerosis ?).

You can say the same thing about equol.

There is simply no reason why you shouldn’t consider Equol.

Now you know several.

07/12/2009 12:17 PM

Author Icon
Equol
Occasional Poster

Well, I haven't forgotten this thread. I ordered 25g of equol (98%). I integrated equol in my regimen on 27 March 2009.

Finasteride/dutasteride and equol have two different targets. It makes sense to combine them. At the moment I'm using equol and finasteride together.

Originally posted by: el_duterino

I have purchased Equol from LCL labs a month ago. just 500mg. I have not yet started to use it but I did mix it with 96% alcohol and keep it in my freezer. it was around USD$ 200 + shipping (expensive)

I think that even 500 mg could be enough for 1 year. DUT is 0.5 mg per day.

Sorry, but I don't believe that 500 mg will be enough for 1 year. Currently I'm using more than 200 mg equol each day. If I would purchase my equol from lclabs, I had to pay more than 18'000 dollars per year. Lclabs are not a cheap supplier. I'm glad that I have found a cheaper one. So I only have to pay 10 dollars per gram (wdfpharma) instead of 470 dollars (lclabs).

Well, equol surely won't change your gender. I didn't experience any side effects, even when I used equol orally. According to some studies equol shows only weak oestrogenicity.

Originally posted by: Bryan
And here's another thing for you to think about: considering that the equol prices from those companies you listed were spread over a two-orders-of-magnitude range, do you feel comfortable with using the absolute rock-bottom priced equol from that cheapest company? Do you think maybe, jut maybe, it may be such low-quality garbage that it's unfit for human usage?

Wdfpharma offers 98% equol. It's a relative good quality for a very low price (10 dollars per gram). Lclabs offers equol with a slightly better quality (99%) but with a price which is massive higher (470 dollars per gram).
 07/12/2009 01:44 PM

Author Icon
Equol
Occasional Poster

*deleted due to formatting problems - if I edit my posting, the formatting is disrupted*

Edited: 07/12/2009 at 02:32 PM by Equol
 07/12/2009 03:12 PM

Author Icon
Equol
Occasional Poster

Equol was tested in humans (male and female volunteers):

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00787007

The results were very positive:

http://www.virtualpressoffice....showId=1215381716429.

No significant drug-related adverse events were found.
 07/14/2009 10:01 PM

Author Icon
4cryingoutloud
Prolific Poster

Very interesting. Equol is exciting and I am hope we discover more about it soon. I have seen no studies on being used as a tropical.

Propecia (Sept. 2008), Switched to 1.6mg FIN (Jan. 2010), Switched to 2.5mg FIN (Jan. 2011).
Nizoral shampoo
 10/19/2009 08:38 PM

Author Icon
grove
Accomplished Poster

denisti is still givng away the 2 free product demo. not sure if they are still giving out sugar pills since they told me i dont have to report back any findings.
 10/20/2009 03:23 PM

Author Icon
Cpt. Kirk
Regular Poster

I have taken Densiti for about 6 weeks now. At the 3 week mark I was still losing quite a bit of hair daily then about 2 1/2 weeks ago my hair loss one day was half then within another couple of days it was about a third of what it's been for awhile now. I do take Proscar and use a minoxidil product and have for years but they don't seem to be doing the job anymore and my hair loss accelerated. My hair loss now continues to be about a third of what it's been for the past few months. I'm going to keep taking Densiti, drinking soy milk and eating yogurt!
 10/20/2009 07:18 PM

Author Icon
4cryingoutloud
Prolific Poster

Don't forget supplementation of certain probiotics nurture equol in the intestines not sure if the yogurt would contain the ones suggested.

Propecia (Sept. 2008), Switched to 1.6mg FIN (Jan. 2010), Switched to 2.5mg FIN (Jan. 2011).
Nizoral shampoo
 10/21/2009 07:34 AM

Author Icon
Cpt. Kirk
Regular Poster

I use Yoplait yogurt as suggested by the makers of Densiti. Apparently it has L Acidophilus which helps metabolize the equol in the intestines.
Statistics
31687 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 12 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 665 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 677 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc