hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Theradome Review by request
Topic Summary: Intro Page 1/28/14, Detail Review 2/5, 60-day 3/17, Factory Tour 4/4, State of the Union 4/10, 6 month update 7/15/14 u
Created On: 01/28/2014 10:17 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 01/28/2014 10:17 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
stevo
Accomplished Poster

by request...enjoy!

(please note I will always be tweaking this intro post as time permits)

MY HISTORY:

Started balding when I was 15, I am now 50.

Currently have the "outline" of a nw7, but due to the below treatments have kept most follicles "alive" but are just miniaturized.

(hence my persistence and hard work is going to pay off soon as now these new treatments coming out will take my existing (alive, but minaturized) hairs and make them thicker and more terminal...thus I will be very satisfied with my end result)

Should have been slick bald by 26 (or ~1991) if not for thinking outside the box and experimenting with different stuff.

Have used over 30+ treatments/products over last 35 years....will post detailed list soon, time permitting...otherwise click on my name for some of my previous posts/treatments thru out the years.

Have followed 8 different hair sites since 1999.

Have a family history of very strong dht genetics...both brothers and my father were completely bald in there twenties.

In the end, I should be the poster child for biggest comeback kid for mpb.

No offense, but I am not the typical nw 1.5 that is freaking out about the infamcy stage of thinning. Thus , these type of posters cannot relate to NW3+ posters....hence, totally different ballgame!!

...bottomline, minox and finnastride were only temporary fixes (~2yrs) for me as I used both (off-label) in 1986 & 1998 respectively.

CURRENT REGIMINE:

...as in I use ALL of these

1) Proxiphen since 1990.
2) Dutrastride (EOD) since 2002
3) Growth Factors since 2010
4) PDG2 "suppressors" since Nov/2012
5) India needling/wounding protocol since Aug/2013
6) Re-introduced scalp peels and dht root cleansing Nov/2013

Note:

1) based on MY experience, I tend to build up a tolerance to any treatment....thus need to alternate with other products from time to time. For ME, I need to attack my AGGRESSIVE mpb from many different angles.

2) Items 3, 4 & 5 have given me the best regeneration that I have seen in the last 10-13 years....also item 6 is more effective now due to using items 3,4,5.

FUTURE ADDED TREATMENTS:

1) Theradome Laser Jan /13/2014

Note: I was also going to try new dht "blocker" cb-03-01 soon, but tamin from theradome infered it will not be necessary...we shall see.

2)) already tried cb-03-01 from iron-dragon in ~May/2013, but alcohol content was to high/harsh, hence waiting for the one with non-harsh cream base....the idea was this would replace any oral dht "suppressors" like dutastride/avodart.

if not satisfied with theradome results then...

3)"legit" PSI eta March/April 2014.
4) Pilox eta 8 month arrival per inventor
5) Biologix..will also be hitting another important angle...eta sometime this year

MY "CLIFF NOTE" BALDING THEORY-Based on all my years of research:

1) DHT- kicks off mpb chain reaction via starting the inflammation process...hence the inflammation process starts attacking the hair.

2) PDG2- is then developed via the inflammation process, thus shutting down the switch to convert stem cells to progenitor cells.

Note 1: based on recent research balding scalps have ~10X the amount of PDG2 vs. non-mpb scalps.

Note 2: based on recent research there are the same amount of stem cells in mpb scalps vs. non-mpb scalps.

Hence, progenitor cells are the real workhorse for hair growth.

3) Growth Factors- help turn the switch back on and convert stem cells to progenitor cells.

4) Wounding/Needling- Helps break up fibrosis and kicks in the WNT process which is the bodies natural way of producing growth factors.

5) Scalp peels- also help break up fibrosis.

6) Scalp cleansing-helps keep hair bulb clean of impacted sebum, which restricts blood flow to the hair root.

7) "Proper" laser technology- helps reduce inflammation, create more blood flow and helps atp cells divide and proliferate....also via increased blood flow "may" help assist with flushing out dht.

8 ) PSI- is proteasome inhibitor and upregulates ß-catenin. It can therefore induce the growth of new follicles. This is "THE" Future treatment as you also only need to apply for 21 days, then one month off, then another 21 day cycle then hair continues to grow for up to 8 months. The pictures are AMAZING from psi users....hence similiar to tamins from theradome...specifically going from ~nw5 to nw1.

Note: some of these may not be necessary if your just in the early stages of thinning.

COMMENTS ON ABOVE TREATMENTS:

....under construction per finalizing all my notes, research..linked studies.

Update..."MY PERSONAL LONG-TIME PRIOR THEORY" above is subject to tweaks/changes based on added info from my second 1/17/14 meeting below... although additional info will be limited since it was discussed in confidence.

THERADOME REVIEW 11/2013-

Hello Theradome PM'ers,

Thank you for all your hard work

Specifically:

1) Coming together as a group, contributing your personal knowledge/experience with lasers, bringing opposing but objective viewpoints, keeping the discussion focused, productive and non-emotional.

2) Thank you for reaching out to the following manufactures and laser experts....

-Revage 670...which is the clinical laser I used. www.timpac.com

-Bill Gaunitz...who I flew down and met many years ago..... www.angryhairguy.com ...hence look specifically at his blogs and his laser center.

-Lazerfish... and his review of the igrow, lasercap and theradome..www.lllt-therapy.com...which we "originally" copied from his site and re-posted on page 3 of xxxxxx theradome thread. Hence, if you really want to be educated on a certain topic your interested in...it just makes sense that you just may want to read "all" the posts before asking questions or making un-educated comments.

-OMG....who wrote a "very long" private response to one of our pm'ers...not to mention researching his site and all his forum posts. www.overmachogrande.com

Note: we have alot of respect for lazerfish and OMG for thinking outside the big company box...hence they helped us alot to ask good/tough/technical questions.

-Dr Bauman...who is always marketing "supposedly" the latest and greatest....hence erchonia, then lasercap, and now theradome website shows that Buaman will be reviewing the theradome.

-then gathering all this knowledge AHEAD of time before having an hour conversation with the higher ups at Theradome. This included dissecting the before and after pictures of the www.theradome.com owner (Tamin) which is part of the video on the Theradome website.

In the end, we came to the objective conclusion that indeed Theradome is approaching a few angles different and thus has the "possibility" for being "one" of the most or actually being the most effective laser.

As with anything...you take away what all of them say and add a healthy dose a skeptisim until proven in the real world and on a consistent basis. On the other hand....once you get some common ground from many of them you then can smell the bullshit by way of their inconsistent and contradictory answers.

As I have said many times before....I do not promote any product, and only report my 35 years of experience trying different treatments. Hence..... people can make their own educated choices....as they certainly should not just rely solely on one persons comments or experience.....as we all should know there is no "silver bullet" or "one size fits all". Hence, as with anything do your homework from VARIOUS sources.

Because I do not mind being the ultimate guinea pig...so others may not have too...I have no problem reporting back along with pmr's with our progress, results and further details on the specific technology.

And I apologize ahead of time to all the rational and civil posters....we have all agreed that we will not be going into details on ANY of the above in the "SHORT-TERM" for obvious reasons, not to mention time constraints associated with having a family and business to run for myself. Hence, many posters and I have many hours and pages of pm's on this subject already and do not need headaches associated with unnecessary/argumentative drama....life is too short.

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Respectfully,

Stevo

THERADOME UPDATE 1/17/2014:

Dear Pmers,

What an unbeleivable meeting today with Tamin....2.5 hours long.

Here is the cliff note version until I have more time.

1) Tamin is a very nice guy and has a brilliant mind (bio/medical Phd degree)...on par with Dr. Proctor who is an M.D with a P.H.D in pharmacology...(just ONE of many experts in the field I have had personal meetings with) about hairloss knowledge/real science...just slightly different angle/approach although many similiar concepts....

-----oh and even looked closely and ran my hand thru his hair, hence not a transplant like some posters have suggested. Heck, even I thought it may be a partial transplant "originally" until I corrected myself when another poster asked theradome and they confirmed he indeed did not have a transplant.

Two parts to the hairloss equation

1) Laser-he went into more detail about lasers....hence WAY more detail than what the other higher ups at theradome divulged. Bottomline look at the shape of the laser of theradome (flat) vs. typical cheap laser diodes...hence he builds them himself...no outsourcing. Again, I will go into more detail about other differences.

2) Other upcoming products- Hence he is working on some products that will take care of the root cause of mpb and dramatically enhance the effectiveness of the laser. Without going into confidental detail...we were both on the same path ...and were just howling that both of us came to the same conclusion....hence no other products will be needed.....Personally, I will be a happy camper if I could just delete Dutastride/Avodart off my list. We both agreed once results are established from theradome products...it is important to SLOWLY ween your self off of other treaments so as to not cause a shock to your system.

NOTE: all pmers bought thier own theradome helmets and had to wait for shipment on a 1st come basis just like everyone else...hence some got theirs in Nov, some in Dec and the rest in Jan.

FURTHER THERADOME CONCLUSIONS:

....under construction per finalizing all my notes, research, poster discussions..linked studies...and actual use/results/progress by other theradome users.

Edited: 07/16/2014 at 08:50 AM by stevo
 01/28/2014 12:28 PM

Author Icon
marklc2004
Accomplished Poster

whats up brother!!!!
 01/28/2014 12:52 PM

Author Icon
stevo
Accomplished Poster

What up Marky Friend!

...text me..as I do not have time for a certain OTHER hairsite with a MINORITY of bs loser/posters that ruin it for the majority... ferrel is a cool/fair moderator on this site .....and will just update from time to time here instead.

...hence I have some good funny stuff for you.....chuckle!

Summers and other pm'ers are doing well. In fact, summers says he no longer has to take 2x weekly cold bath soaks for his imflammation as the theradome has greatly reduced it...hence good start.

I am on treatment 8 since 1/13/14....other pme'rs are getting thier shipments this week.

when we have time..... pm'rs will go into more details as promised!

Edited: 01/30/2014 at 11:06 AM by stevo
 01/28/2014 01:47 PM

Author Icon
summersnow
Accomplished Poster

Hey Stevo. Good to see you on Hairloss help. This is a great forum. I am on my 9th laser treatment as of 5 minutes ago. I promised myself only twice a week Mondays and Fridays to see how I stack up against the fda trialists but I had a few sneaky treatments in between so this Friday marks 4 weeks for me an inflammation is down hair quality has improved alot. Only time will tell but I am happy with the direction things are going. I was taking those ice cold baths everyday brother lol. I haven't had one in a few weeks. I still empty a 5 liter bottle of cold water over me before jumping outta the bath cause it freshens me up.

-------------------------
Treatments
0.5 mgs of avodart EOD
Doctor reddys generic dutas EOD
Keto topical every night
Theradome
 01/28/2014 02:01 PM

Author Icon
stevo
Accomplished Poster

No problem summers...glad that you were part of the group as you helped alot with your objective/non-emotional.... research/feedback.

Hence, everybody needs to sit back and have a cocktail until more pm'ers can give/update with progress/results...in the meantime there is no need for anyone to speculate about theradome one way or the other....hence why this section is called EXPERIMENTAL!!!!

..like I always say "time is a great revealer of the truth"!

bottomline...other pm'ers and I will only respond to the following posters.

1) Are civil/respectful
2) Do there homework 1st on hairloss basics and reads all previous posts on this thread 1st
3) Do not have hidden agendas, especially from other hairsites
4) people that just want to be argumentative to sooth their egos

...seems reasonable to me!

Edited: 02/04/2014 at 10:44 PM by stevo
 01/28/2014 02:30 PM

Author Icon
Jesse James
Regular Poster

edited.
 01/28/2014 04:25 PM

Author Icon
ferox
Occasional Poster

what's up stevo!
 01/28/2014 04:56 PM

Author Icon
stevo
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: ferox

what's up stevo!

What up Ferox, good to hear from you!

like I said before...2014 is going to be a great year for mpb'ers!

...hence, whether theradome and it's VARIETY of upcoming treatments or psi, pilox and biologix....take your pick as they are all going to be reality this year and ALL are real game changers!

Edited: 02/03/2014 at 07:28 AM by stevo
 01/28/2014 05:02 PM

Author Icon
ferox
Occasional Poster

its nice to hear from you again! hope you are fine bro! unfortunately i can't pm you here....
 01/28/2014 05:04 PM

Author Icon
stevo
Accomplished Poster

its nice to hear from you again! hope you are fine bro! unfortunately i can't pm you here....

dont worry I have your personal email...and was meaning to update you...like I said this is my busy season at my firm...thus will try and send email later with new gmail account...chuckle!
 01/28/2014 05:13 PM

Author Icon
ferox
Occasional Poster

cool man! looking forward to hear from you!
 01/30/2014 04:28 AM

Author Icon
mlgb

Hi Stevo,

I'm new here. I'm interested to know about this PSI which you mention. Do you have any news on it?
 01/30/2014 09:29 AM

Author Icon
stevo
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: mlgb

Hi Stevo,

I'm new here. I'm interested to know about this PSI which you mention. Do you have any news on it?

Hi mlgb,

Yes, I will try and go into more detail (only what is appropriate) after our group summarizes the "detailed" findings/review on theradome....were summarizing right now.

Hence, we promised to do this 1st for our poster friends by request since theradome is available NOW....psi is a few months away.

Hang tight and thank you for you patience....in the meantime there is plenty of background info on it if you just punch psi and hair in google search...hence like any treatments I talk about!

PLEASE NOTE: I am not one of those guys that just hangs around hairloss forums all day.....everyday....hence I only post every few months or years and even then will bolt if not civil and respectful...I am a busy person with a family and business and do not have time for that type of crap!

I am counting on FERREL to keep this thread CLEAN and free of argumentative losers that are ill-informed or have ego problems.

...although he has already banned some of these trouble makers that come from other hairsites...a few surrogates will no doubt slip thru and try to gunk up this thread.....hence we will not waste our time responding to those types.

...and although I always start off respectful....I do not take shit from anyone...especially from cyber bullies who act like tough guys behind a computer!!

Just so happens alot of cool stuff is happening right now and thought I would be a good mpb brother and SHARE.

Respectfully,

Stevo

Edited: 02/01/2014 at 09:07 AM by stevo
 01/30/2014 11:17 AM

Author Icon
Dan26
Regular Poster

another dutasteride success thread, congrats!
 02/01/2014 03:20 PM

Author Icon
jazzb
Accomplished Poster

I just bought the igrow il keep you lot posted, what pdg2 stuff are you using? Iron dragon?
 02/02/2014 04:31 PM

Author Icon
stevo
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: jazzb

I just bought the igrow il keep you lot posted, what pdg2 stuff are you using? Iron dragon?

Hi Jazz,

1) Yes, I use the pdg2 "suppressors" Indomethacin & Cromoglycate combo from iron dragon (since 11/12).

I would prefer a true pdg2 "blocker" which would not suppress the good pge2 like indo/cromo does. Hence, i tried iron-dragons pdg2 "blocker" ramatroban back in ~ march/2013 but the alchohol content was too high/harsh....hence, why I am working on OC000459, another pdg2 "blocker" in a non-harsh delivery instead....hopefully in nano.

... see "added/updated" specific notes in my 1st post above.

2) Keep patient as the "details" of our group review of lasers should be posted this week.

Note: members of the group already traded in their OMG & I-GROW Helmets for the Theradome helmet due to lack of results of former and based on group conclusion of the unique technology of Theradome.

Respectfully,

Stevo

Edited: 02/02/2014 at 07:58 PM by stevo
 02/02/2014 06:37 PM

Author Icon
ferox
Occasional Poster

Its not a "big" improvement but at least I can see a little improvement from the igrow helmet here:

http://diyhairrestoration.com/...er-hair-growth-device/
 02/02/2014 07:56 PM

Author Icon
stevo
Accomplished Poster

Its not a "big" improvement but at least I can see a little improvement from the igrow helmet here:

http://diyhairrestoration.com/...er-hair-growth-device/

Hi Ferox,

Thanks..but there are hundreds of testimonials/similar results like this from a VARIETY of LLT products. Hence, once in a while you might get a "WOW' result/picture....but nothing consistant and where everyone is just gushing over the results and stampeding the doors to buy one...if there was one upto this point we would all be on the bandwagon.

In the meantime, everyone will have at least enough information soon to make an educated decision on their own...and still at the end of the day....RESULTS...not words/theory will be the hallmark of legitimacy.

Like I said for years, I had completley given up on LLT technology years and years ago as mostly a completly bogus treatment option for most (and doing anything for ME too). Specifically, I've used hairmax, laserwand and clinical machines with no dicernable improvement..between 2002-2006....I'm telling you, after going back and REALLY studying/ knowing how LLT should work, I become a believer that Theradome has finally got the "proper" laser technology figured out. ....hence, night and day as we will discuss later this week.

BTW...what is the status of your OMG helmet assembly and have you started using yet?

Respectfully,

Stevo

Edited: 02/02/2014 at 10:55 PM by stevo
 02/03/2014 03:40 AM

Author Icon
ferox
Occasional Poster

hey stevo! Someone asked theradome on facebook the following question several times whithout getting a response:

"Hi there, I sent a question via e-mail but haven't received a reply. On your website you say that the device delivers 443 joules of energy in a session and covers 552 sq cm, but that only works out to about .8 j/cm. Your site claims it has a concentration of 6.59 j/cm... could someone explain the math behind this? I've seen the same question brought up on other sites. Thanks!"

From the theradomewebsite: "We use specially developed, high efficiency lasers that allow us to deliver the maximum amount of light and cover 582 cm2 of the 720 cm2 total scalp area in the average human head. We don't want to bore you with numbers, but with over 440 Joules per treatment and an optimised wavelength of 678 +/-8nm, each of the 80 lasers is precisely tailored for maximum hair growth."

so again 440 joules divided by 582 sq cm does not equal 7 j/sq cm."

Then he asked it again: "Can you guys post the correct calculations then? 443 joules per session covering 552 square cm does not equal 6.959 j/cm squared. Not sure why my question keeps getting ignored"

Could you please ask tamim to explain that? And can you email me please?

regarding my OMG-Helmet: its still under construction...
 02/03/2014 06:59 AM

Author Icon
stevo
Accomplished Poster

Hi Ferox,

Thank you for the post.

Like I said before, I follow about 8 different hairsites and also saw this question which looks legitimate. Hence, it was on my list for Tamin to clarify.

Note: once our detailed review comes out this week....which should answers most posters questions...if we missed anything or if anyone has additional "intelligent/specific" questions than we will have Tamin try and answer.

From my interactions, Tamin is a very straight forward guy with nothing to hide. Hence, I think he is more than willing to answer thoughtful questions within appropriate/non-confidential confines.

Just realize they are a start-up with limited human resources. Thus, they do not have time to be sitting around looking at hairsites or answering emails not related to orders. At least for now.

In fact, Tamin is mostly answering/conversing with other experts in the Field as he advances his next line of products.

Respectfully,

Stevo

P.s yes I will try and email you soon

Edited: 02/03/2014 at 07:16 AM by stevo
Statistics
31740 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 680 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 686 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc