hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Serotonin, the HPA axis and the human stress response - the hidden cause of MPB?
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/09/2013 06:42 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/10/2013 02:35 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
drgs
Occasional Poster

07/10/2013 03:24 PM

Author Icon
jazzb
Accomplished Poster

I drink MMS now and the Chlorine dioxide by jim humble this stuff cured my stomach problems plus I odd occasion to stop getting flu or cold drink colloidal silver these stuff are the reall cures for some problems and they must work for candida.
 07/10/2013 06:25 PM

Author Icon
hoppi
Regular Poster

summersnow - Some great points thanks! I too think the inflammation is there as an immune response to an infection. I was thinking that maybe the histamine in the gut may increase serum histamine and stimulate the HPA axis but I don't know if that's true.

drgs - nice find! Some people have reported good results with curcumin I think.

jazzb - Agreed. I take hydrogen peroxide for Candida which is in a similar vein to MMS I think

Colloidal silver is awesome but I would be reluctant to use it for chronic bacterial or fungal infections due to its inability to actively destroy biofilms >.<

-------------------------
My current MPB view and notes
 07/11/2013 03:49 AM

Author Icon
secrethero89
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: drgs

Curcumin inhibits ACTH

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2853174/

topical or oral?

12.5mg Oral Androcur /every second day
Liver supplements(milk thistle etc.)
Fish Oil

Will Add Soon: 5mg Loniten,0.25mg Fin,Doxycyline
 07/11/2013 10:48 AM

Author Icon
jazzb
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: hoppi

summersnow - Some great points thanks! I too think the inflammation is there as an immune response to an infection. I was thinking that maybe the histamine in the gut may increase serum histamine and stimulate the HPA axis but I don't know if that's true.

drgs - nice find! Some people have reported good results with curcumin I think.

jazzb - Agreed. I take hydrogen peroxide for Candida which is in a similar vein to MMS I think

Colloidal silver is awesome but I would be reluctant to use it for chronic bacterial or fungal infections due to its inability to actively destroy biofilms >.<

I agree, silver I use only for colds and flus but MMS I have is on another wave length, I'm going drink some tonight. Have your tried baking soda aswell drinking it?
 07/11/2013 01:36 PM

Author Icon
jazzb
Accomplished Poster

Well I actually beleive 100% of this why because I cured my alopecia areata and there's no cure for this, I also cured 7 others. Very simple cure was to remove the chemicals in tap water flouride being one that's is known to cause auto immune disease, once I fitted reverse osmosis all my patches of alopecia areata I had regrew ba k in 3 weeks, extant same time scale on the other people that had patches over a year! I have proof!

Anyways this is more interesting and I couldn't agree more to say they probably have the cure for MPB or the simple fix would be to live in a environment chemtrail free and GMO free, give the body what it needs to heal as in high alkaline veg and fruits and I bet our hairloss would be cured! Prime example look up gerson therapy in Mexico!

Watch this video you will see about the RNA changing our genes to be passed on!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a6OxbpLwEjQ
 07/11/2013 05:19 PM

Author Icon
hoppi
Regular Poster

Jazzb - I dunno man. I mean my MPB started after a huge drop in gastrointestinal health (intolerances, etc)... I really don't think just changing water would fix it (well, I have changed my water but it hasn't changed anything!).

I think once Candida and stuff is out of control, getting the body back into balance is very difficult, probably due to the biofilms it makes everywhere.

MMS and hydrogen peroxide have always seemed relatively similar to me

I actually just took my second 15 drop dose of 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide (in purified water)... I take 2 a day but soon I'll try to lift the doses to 25 drops a time.

I would imagine that MMS deals with biofilms too (it's an oxidizer too... right?) so that would explain the tremendous success people report with both treatments.

I do also try to get plentiful selenium and chlorophyll for chelation and detox, but I think the H2O2 (or probably MMS too) is the core of this. I think it's pathogens that do the vast majority of the damage.

It's just a shame it takes a while.

Until then I am trying to omit all foods from my diet that cause bloating or irritation, so as to reduce serotonin and histamine.

07/12/2013 03:29 AM

Author Icon
jazzb
Accomplished Poster

No I'm on about alopecia areata not MPB, I cured alopecia areata man, MPB could be the same issue like stated triggering genes on and off through chemicals they feed us makes sense.
 07/12/2013 04:06 AM

Author Icon
hoppi
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: jazzb

No I'm on about alopecia areata not MPB, I cured alopecia areata man, MPB could be the same issue like stated triggering genes on and off through chemicals they feed us makes sense.

Ah fair play.

Yeah I must admit I know nothing about Areata as it's not something I've ever had.

I am still experimenting with my elimination diet and taking H2O2 at the mo!

The elimination diet is going ok but it's going to take time to get it spot on I think o.O

07/12/2013 05:27 AM

Author Icon
jazzb
Accomplished Poster

Trust me the chemicals caused AA on me, I wish MPB was simple but I'm pretty 100% certain our gees are being triggered by the chemical foods and GMO. If we actualy lived and had food like cave men in terms of alkeline we would most certainly cure MPB to shut of our genes by diet.
 07/12/2013 07:06 AM

Author Icon
hoppi
Regular Poster

Trust me the chemicals caused AA on me, I wish MPB was simple but I'm pretty 100% certain our gees are being triggered by the chemical foods and GMO. If we actualy lived and had food like cave men in terms of alkeline we would most certainly cure MPB to shut of our genes by diet.

I really don't agree...

In my case I think that the following happened:

Bad diet and stress caused Candidiasis.

Candidiasis caused elevated serotonin (due to GI distress).

Elevated serotonin stimulated the HPA axis leading to an increase in DHT-producing enzymes.

My Galea region (top of scalp) accumulated DHT and/or was less able to fight off infection due to tight surrounding muscles (as we all have I think) and resultant restricted bloodflow.

The sebum that DHT increases became infected, probably by Candida.

A combination of the infection and resultant immune response is killing my hair follicles.

And erm, that's my understanding

People who don't seem to get MPB... they probably have lower HPA stimulation, DHT-producing enzymes, susceptibility to high sebum or internal pathogens.

It's relatively simple I think.

07/12/2013 11:49 AM

Author Icon
FIXME
Prolific Poster

Hoppi

Your thoughts around serotonin interest me.

Briefly;

- Started an ssri aged 21. Hair thinning from 22.
- started propecia - no problem for 18 months. Stopped because of knob problems
- stopped ssri after 10 years, basically chilled out with age
- tried to start propecia again and major depression after a week.

My thoughts; serotonin regulated by ssri so no problem first dose with fin. Second dose a few mental issues due to serotonin being reduced.

Plausible? Or just mental.

Not precious so tell it as you see it.
 07/12/2013 06:04 PM

Author Icon
hoppi
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: FIXME

Hoppi

Your thoughts around serotonin interest me.

Briefly;

- Started an ssri aged 21. Hair thinning from 22.

- started propecia - no problem for 18 months. Stopped because of knob problems

- stopped ssri after 10 years, basically chilled out with age

- tried to start propecia again and major depression after a week.

My thoughts; serotonin regulated by ssri so no problem first dose with fin. Second dose a few mental issues due to serotonin being reduced.

Plausible? Or just mental.

Not precious so tell it as you see it.

Well, to be honest I'm still learning about the crossover between gut serotonin and brain serotonin, especially because in my case only the gut serotonin is really what I focus on. But, I do know that SSRIs work by increasing increasing serotonin.. I think by stopping it from binding to certain receptors? I'm not sure, but I know that they cause an increase in serotonin which logically could then activate the HPA axis and cause hair loss.

Danny Roddy mentions this (albeit briefly) in his Hair Like A Fox intro video.

How is your digestion?

I think anything that can stimulate the HPA axis can cause hair loss. I have been trying to tighten my diet more and more so as to get serotonin and histamine as low as I possibly, possibly can.

My diet right now is focused around meat or fish, leaves and lettuce, white rice... water, diluted sugar (usually in herbal (ginger) tea) and salt.

My gut is doing better and better in terms of how it feels, but acid, fibrous carbs like brown rice or dates, lactose, eggs or many other things can sadly mess it up pretty fast...

EDIT -- At the moment the way I'm viewing my elimination diet is that anything that causes me feelings of pain or whatever is probably increasing histamine. And anything causing gut movement or nausea is probably increasing serotonin. So, if I can get these feelings as low as I POSSIBLY can, that will cause my levels of these hormones to drop much lower and then hopefully my hair loss will stop, due to my hormones calming down again. Hopefully the mild BPH I have as well will reverse too. I'll let you guys know if it works

Edited: 07/13/2013 at 05:58 AM by hoppi
 07/13/2013 08:55 AM

Author Icon
FIXME
Prolific Poster

My digestion is fine as long as I limit bread, pastas, sugars, caffeine and dairy.

Pretty sure fin reduces serotonin and this is why it has been limited to depression, and made me feel pretty dead.

Will watch with interest.
 07/13/2013 12:33 PM

Author Icon
hoppi
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: FIXME

My digestion is fine as long as I limit bread, pastas, sugars, caffeine and dairy.

Pretty sure fin reduces serotonin and this is why it has been limited to depression, and made me feel pretty dead.

Will watch with interest.

Yeah it's weird man.. earlier I had a small plate of white rice and I was totally fine. But just now I had chicken, leafy greens and sugar dissolved in water (for carbs), and my stomach seems a bit bothered by it.

I wonder if it was the chicken, the greens or the sugar water. I'll try eliminating different things on different days to see how calm I can make my stomach

07/14/2013 03:57 AM

Author Icon
jazzb
Accomplished Poster

What could be the link then with genes if those who don't have MPB gene how does candida not effect them?
 07/15/2013 04:18 PM

Author Icon
hoppi
Regular Poster

What could be the link then with genes if those who don't have MPB gene how does candida not effect them?

I dunno, maybe some people produce less sebum, maybe their galea muscles don't get as tense, maybe they just don't have any infections, maybe their DHT enzymes aren't as prone to increasing. Who knows

But anyway I've now managed to get my stomach MEGA calm...

Today I've just had bamboo shoots (tinned in water), chicken, water with a fair amount of sugar and a pinch of salt melted into it on the hob (to satisfy my carbohydrate and sodium requirements), and that's it. Seems bland and boring I know but I'll keep this up for a bit and see if it benefits my hair.

White rice seems ok too, but I try to time it carefully so I don't consume fibre along with it like bamboo shoots which might pull the starch into my large intestine too quickly o.O

Statistics
32262 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 8 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 600 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 608 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc