hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Voltaren Gel (NSAID) experiment (Pics included)
Topic Summary: I have started an experiment with voltaren gel 1,16% to see its effect on hairloss
Created On: 04/03/2013 06:28 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/05/2013 11:01 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Coldmud

Originally posted by: nohairequalsnogirls

Voltaren seems to CAUSE hair loss in so many people...that's what I'm afraid of? I've been using voltaren on one side for 5 days with nothing but higher blood pressure to show for it..

Are you talking about using it topically? then please, where are the links that show it causes hairloss? I dont think anyone has used this topically for extended periods..
 05/06/2013 03:49 AM

Author Icon
jazzb
Accomplished Poster

Iv had no sides using it topically either your using tablets as they cause hairloss or your are applying too much or the fact your alergic to it .
 05/06/2013 08:40 AM

Author Icon
nohairequalsnogirls
Accomplished Poster

How much is too much, topically? I'm using it topically, not saying I've personally lost hair on it tho, yet.
 05/06/2013 09:17 AM

Author Icon
jazzb
Accomplished Poster

You say high blood pressure did you monitor this after? I apply tiny amounts hairline etc
 05/06/2013 11:36 AM

Author Icon
nohairequalsnogirls
Accomplished Poster

No, I just know it raises blood pressure and makes me too drowsy to function.

Anyone with any proof of real results yet?
 05/06/2013 02:37 PM

Author Icon
acegik
Regular Poster

Hi

New photos from today after 5 weeks of treatment of my right temple with voltaren gel 3-4 times a day.

right temple 5 weeks

comparison of right temple 5 weeks
 05/06/2013 02:39 PM

Author Icon
mammoth
Occasional Poster

Originally posted by: nohairequalsnogirls
Anyone with any proof of real results yet?

Come on man, Acegik has been on voltaren for just a month... what do you expect to see?, it's just too soon yet. Because of the nature of hair and hair cycles, anything related to a hair loss treatment requires at least a couple of months...
 05/06/2013 02:41 PM

Author Icon
jazzb
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: acegik

Hi

New photos from today after 5 weeks of treatment of my right temple with voltaren gel 3-4 times a day.

right temple 5 weeks

That's amazing man, I started the 1% waiting on the extra to arrive I'm only using once day at the moment to test.
 05/06/2013 02:45 PM

Author Icon
all0rn0thing
Occasional Poster

Congrats mate ! If this thing works towards the PGD2 theory, then I think Minox might play a big role (Voltaren blocking cox's 1 and 2, and minox reajusting PGE2 levels).

Edited: 05/06/2013 at 03:43 PM by all0rn0thing
 05/06/2013 02:58 PM

Author Icon
sizzling
Regular Poster

Um, thats as about as clear results as you can get... Congrats man, I wonder how essential propecia is to your progress
 05/06/2013 03:01 PM

Author Icon
jazzb
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: sizzling

Um, thats as about as clear results as you can get... Congrats man, I wonder how essential propecia is to your progress

If you look back his temple is the same whilst being on propecia 8months, to proove a point he trialed voltaren only on the right Temple.
 05/06/2013 03:08 PM

Author Icon
fuZe
Accomplished Poster

Hi

right temple 5 weeks

Woooow , that's terminal man , you still think it isn't though , it regrew that whole area!

P.s , whats up with the side effects ppl post, this is topical and if you apply small amounts 3x a day you shouldn't have any sides what so ever. People apply this to their whole arms, hands and stuff
 05/06/2013 03:25 PM

Author Icon
mammoth
Occasional Poster

Hi

right temple 5 weeks

Hey man, that looks awesome!. Could you upload another one of your current left temple...?

And there is something I did not understand, you said you shave your temples each week, so, are we looking at your temple after just one week or what?

Thanks for sharing!
 05/06/2013 03:48 PM

Author Icon
acegik
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: sizzling

Its hard to say, but I personally wouldnt do it without finasteride. 2 years ago i still had my temples, they were thin but still very visible. I had been on propecia for 1,5 years, but I quit taking it and after some months I got bad temple recession as you can see on my photos. So I started taking it again 9 months ago, but they didnt grow back.
 05/06/2013 03:51 PM

Author Icon
acegik
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: fuZe

Hi

right temple 5 weeks

Woooow , that's terminal man , you still think it isn't though , it regrew that whole area!

P.s , whats up with the side effects ppl post, this is topical and if you apply small amounts 3x a day you shouldn't have any sides what so ever. People apply this to their whole arms, hands and stuff

It may seem like terminal because the picture is taken very close, but if you look from a distance the temple hairs are still not visible. I can take some photos from a distance soon to show you that its not visible except when you zoom in .

I also dont get the sides thing. People that have pain, use a tube of voltaren in a week or so and still dont get sides. I still have maybe 1/3 of my 50g tube left after 5 weeks, so you shouldnt get sides from such tiny amounts.
 05/06/2013 03:55 PM

Author Icon
acegik
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: mammoth

Hi

right temple 5 weeks

Hey man, that looks awesome!. Could you upload another one of your current left temple...?

And there is something I did not understand, you said you shave your temples each week, so, are we looking at your temple after just one week or what?

Thanks for sharing!

Yes i will post photos of my left temple soon.

Yes i used to shave my temples every week, but I havent touched them since the last photo. So the length of the temple hairs are from maybe 15-16 days
 05/06/2013 04:15 PM

Author Icon
Nuuu_Dx
Regular Poster

What does this stuff do just on its own? Im on neither minox or fin but id give this a shot. Is it related to inflammation etc? I take it it wouldnt actually regrow hair just on its own?
 05/06/2013 04:23 PM

Author Icon
Maxster
Accomplished Poster

@Nuuu_Dx

It likely fights the inflammation aspect of mpb... inhibiting cox-1 and cox-2, which are part of the inflammation process...

Ideally, we would want something that inhibits just cox-2, but there aren't that many thing out there that do this...

From my understanding, the inflammatory response to mpb is what causes the dreaded "itch"... in addition, if you take away inflammation, it is possible the hair follicle has a much better environment to grow... possibly leading to thickening of hair, and possibly new regrowth...

-------------------------
Maxster
 05/06/2013 04:31 PM

Author Icon
acegik
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: jazzb

Originally posted by: somerandomguy88

jazzb, do you have a good amount of hair or are your follicles heavily miniaturized ? I ask because I really want to know what this does for shedding... Also, I would personally hold off on the extra until you know how you respond to the 1%, it is a situation similar to finasteride and dutasteride; why go for the more potent option when the former may be more than enough?

nohairequalsnogirls, I think you gotta go kinda independent on this and see what works for you. I doubt there are written instructions on this, maybe you could apply it to the hairline and the vertex if you have any concerns there, in a similar way to minoxidil. Either way, please report!

Also, I still haven't received my order but once I do I will for sure document and post my results. Have you gotten any more significant updates Ace?

My hair recent I grew it out for my sisters wedding, but I want improve hairline more etc, I've started the 1% in terms of itchiness sometimes at the temples it clears etc so must be doing something. Luckily propecia is doing wonders for me currety.

DUDE omg you have perfect hair! I wouldnt even waste 1 sec of my life on hairloss forums or even think about hairloss if I had your hair. Its even thicker than my pre-MPB hair !
Just take fin, and forget about hairloss
 05/06/2013 04:35 PM

Author Icon
jazzb
Accomplished Poster

Lol, I'm here to stay and help others as iv learned alot on forums and what to use etc, I can only pass my regime on and improve and take pictures like you to help others fight this diseases .
Statistics
36063 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 405 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 405 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc