hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: voipman - buzz cut pictures
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/16/2016 10:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/16/2016 10:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

hey man

I read you keep your hair to a buzz number 3. do you have any pictures of that you put up please?

I ask because I also read you've have a couple hair transplants and I would love to see what that looks like as a buzz cut, especially some clear close ups if you have any

This is something I am looking into. Fixing my hairline/frontal third conservatively and keeping it short. But I have seen very mixed results when doing this

the guys who have minor work done look ok because they have their other hair to blend in with. But guys who have a lot of work done in very bald areas
and then shave it close look awful to me. It just doesn't look right, its too pluggy looking, the roots are too thick.

this is especially important to me because I wont take meds anymore and I may in the future be forced to shave it to the bone as I slowly become a nw7. when this happens I don't want a bunch of pluggy looking roots spread across my forehead

so I was just wondering what yours looks like.

thanks a lot
 12/16/2016 10:12 PM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

this is what I am talking about when shaving/buzzing it close

it looks terrible

12/16/2016 10:15 PM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

and even when grown out a little to say a number 3 it still doesn't look right. Again this is why id love to see some pictures of your hair
 12/17/2016 06:15 AM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

I don't think that looks terrible - a few days growth on it and it would look just fine - I think it looks a lot better than some of the people growing out hair that don't really have enough to warrant it.

-------------------------
A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
 12/17/2016 06:56 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Close up it does look terrible mostly in my opinion because they are the wrong hairs. Look at all those dark thick caliber hairs that don't belong there like all the shit many of the strip only clinics were convincing guys they needed until the lies no longer worked. If the hairs were similar to what he has on the side of his head, lighter in color while taking the thinner caliber hairs then it would look much better. It's also the same reason why robotics which works in a defined box is not the same. One does not need to be a doctor or an artist to understand the concept. You simply cannot take thick dark hairs from center at the back of one's head, plant them on someone's forehead and say it's going to look natural. Sure just comb it forward and stand in the dark then your good to go.

This guy Jaqcue is worth about $35M so why doesn't he get it fixed. Maybe he can't because he now understands the numbers and just said screw it no different then guys like Nick Cage, Joe Rogan, David Lee Roth, Richard Simmons, Elton John, etc. It's also why these clinics that use celebrity as social proof to get young guys in the door are full of crap. It's telling you they are relying more on marketing then reality and educating the patient on the extreme limitations of the procedure.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 12/17/2016 07:47 AM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Skywalker

I don't think that looks terrible - a few days growth on it and it would look just fine - I think it looks a lot better than some of the people growing out hair that don't really have enough to warrant it.

it looks bad close up. this is what im worried about with hair transplants. when the day comes to shave it close I don't want a bunch of pluggy looking roots spread across my head.

but you are right. it doesn't look that bad when he grows it out a bit, a cm or two. if he added a bi more coverage he would look fine.

but with this particular thread I am talking about 3/4/5 mm. not cm. that is what im interested to see. how good does it look?
 12/17/2016 08:07 AM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: topcat

Close up it does look terrible mostly in my opinion because they are the wrong hairs. Look at all those dark thick caliber hairs that don't belong there like all the shit many of the strip only clinics were convincing guys they needed until the lies no longer worked. If the hairs were similar to what he has on the side of his head, lighter in color while taking the thinner caliber hairs then it would look much better. It's also the same reason why robotics which works in a defined box is not the same. One does not need to be a doctor or an artist to understand the concept. You simply cannot take thick dark hairs from center at the back of one's head, plant them on someone's forehead and say it's going to look natural. Sure just comb it forward and stand in the dark then your good to go.

This guy Jaqcue is worth about $35M so why doesn't he get it fixed. Maybe he can't because he now understands the numbers and just said screw it no different then guys like Nick Cage, Joe Rogan, David Lee Roth, Richard Simmons, Elton John, etc. It's also why these clinics that use celebrity as social proof to get young guys in the door are full of crap. It's telling you they are relying more on marketing then reality and educating the patient on the extreme limitations of the procedure.

topcat i agree with you about it being the wrong hairs but where else do you get them from? you take hairs from the donor area right, which will always be the thickest part of head.

this is my problem with the whole buzz cut look. the whole 'create a hairline and light coverage and keep it short' idea. i like the idea a lot. i would very happy with that. but it doesn't work to me because of the donor you are using. this idea is very popular, especially over on hairlosstalk. but ive yet to see a guy where it worked.

i know you have mentioned that guy SL. But even him some of his pictures just don't look right. a lot of his pictures look amazing for sure. but some of them don't. overall, yes he is one of the best ive seen. but its still not right. parts of his hair have a pluggy look. and his hair seems to grow it random angles.

so where do you get this finer hair from? maybe this idea only works if you have naturally fine hair? or maybe body hair?

it is crazy why Jacques doesn't fix his hair. have you seen the back? ***** me, he has four strip scars. he just needs to add abit more coverage at the top and grow it abit now. that would be fine. even if he has no more scalp hair to use, he has the cash to use hair from the body to fix himself.
 12/17/2016 01:23 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

He probably does not care at this point but if you look at the back of his head those hairs that most of these strip experts advised young guys to plant on their forehead are the wrong hairs. You need to take the hairs that are near the periphery closer to the nap area and ear area. Having those thick dark hairs in the hairline looks terrible and screams hair transplant. But you see there were only a handful of doctors performing fue that were achieving great results and high yield. You can't make money promoting that if that is all you are about marketing to make a buck so it's easier to just lie and of course desperate guys will believe it especially when you have a giant group working together and bashing those doctors and patients along the way.

I would disagree with you on SL. I have seen it in person in full sunlight and it's the best result I have ever seen. If you find something odd about it then I would definitely tell you do not have a hair transplant because your result will more than likely not be even close to what he has achieved. It's just the reality of the procedure itself.........very, very, very limited. For most the math does not add up so it's best to avoid it and Jacque is a good example............money can't help him. He has to wear a wig or shave it and say screw it. Take a good look at that donor zone. How exactly do you take a small percentage of about 25% and cover all that bald area............lol..........explain the math. It becomes much easier to understand when someone points it out to you and even with many of these young guys you can be a complete dick about and they still don't get it. They will tell you that you are being negative. That somehow the truth is negative...........they can't be helped and will learn the hard way as those of us years ago but we unfortunately didn't have the benefit of learning from patients as opposed to experts (marketers).

It's another good example of if you see a clinic promoting a celebrity run the other way. Any reader on a forum of a couple of years probably has a hundred times more knowledge than the celebrity and that's a clue. I'm sure Jacque was told don't worry it's going to be a pencil thin scar no one will see it. You see I part your hair and we can barely find it that is until a few years go by.

[URL=http://s271.photobucket.com/user/topcat911/media/Jacques%20Villeneuve_zpsu5exbo1e.jpg.html][/URL]

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 12/17/2016 at 02:00 PM by topcat
 12/18/2016 04:42 AM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

Having looked at the close-up (I didn't realise the quality would allow that) and seen some other photos of Villeneuve on the Net I would have to revise my opinion a bit - I'd like to see it grown out a little to see what it looks like - but as it is it looks obvious that it's a transplant and when you throw in the scars as well it is clear to me that he would have done better to do nothing and just got a light tan...

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
 12/18/2016 10:12 AM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: topcat

He probably does not care at this point but if you look at the back of his head those hairs that most of these strip experts advised young guys to plant on their forehead are the wrong hairs. You need to take the hairs that are near the periphery closer to the nap area and ear area. Having those thick dark hairs in the hairline looks terrible and screams hair transplant. But you see there were only a handful of doctors performing fue that were achieving great results and high yield. You can't make money promoting that if that is all you are about marketing to make a buck so it's easier to just lie and of course desperate guys will believe it especially when you have a giant group working together and bashing those doctors and patients along the way.

I would disagree with you on SL. I have seen it in person in full sunlight and it's the best result I have ever seen. If you find something odd about it then I would definitely tell you do not have a hair transplant because your result will more than likely not be even close to what he has achieved. It's just the reality of the procedure itself.........very, very, very limited. For most the math does not add up so it's best to avoid it and Jacque is a good example............money can't help him. He has to wear a wig or shave it and say screw it. Take a good look at that donor zone. How exactly do you take a small percentage of about 25% and cover all that bald area............lol..........explain the math. It becomes much easier to understand when someone points it out to you and even with many of these young guys you can be a complete dick about and they still don't get it. They will tell you that you are being negative. That somehow the truth is negative...........they can't be helped and will learn the hard way as those of us years ago but we unfortunately didn't have the benefit of learning from patients as opposed to experts (marketers).

It's another good example of if you see a clinic promoting a celebrity run the other way. Any reader on a forum of a couple of years probably has a hundred times more knowledge than the celebrity and that's a clue. I'm sure Jacque was told don't worry it's going to be a pencil thin scar no one will see it. You see I part your hair and we can barely find it that is until a few years go by.

[URL=http://s271.photobucket.com/user/topcat911/media/Jacques%20Villeneuve_zpsu5exbo1e.jpg.html][/URL]

I understand the math topcat. for me its not about the math. its about the thickness of the hairs used for the transplant.

I understand I don't enough hair to be a fullhead again. I am not interested in that. my plan would be to just create some light coverage in my frontal third and keep it short.

but I have yet to see where something like this can look good. the hairs just don't look right. they are either too pluggy. or the hairs seem to grow in random directions.

is it because of the angle/depth at which hairs are inserted by the surgeons? maybe this whole buzz cut simply cannot be achieved.

this is why I am interested in voipmans hair. how good does his hair transplant look at grade 3 buzz.
 12/18/2016 10:21 AM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Skywalker

Having looked at the close-up (I didn't realise the quality would allow that) and seen some other photos of Villeneuve on the Net I would have to revise my opinion a bit - I'd like to see it grown out a little to see what it looks like - but as it is it looks obvious that it's a transplant and when you throw in the scars as well it is clear to me that he would have done better to do nothing and just got a light tan...

villenuevre is probably an extreme example ive used. but the point I am trying to make is what does your scalp look like when you shave it close to the bone after you've had a hair transplant.

to me its looks awful. especially when you have only light coverage over a big area. maybe when you grow it out abit a couple cm or 2 it can look ok. but I would want to keep it very short. and I just cant find any examples where it looks good.

like I said to topcat above, maybe this simply cannot be achieved at the moment.
 12/18/2016 10:55 AM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

pictures of sl

sl3.jpg
sl3.jpg  (71 KB)
sl 4.jpg
sl 4.jpg  (79 KB)
sl 3.jpg
sl 3.jpg  (72 KB)
sl 2.jpg
sl 2.jpg  (51 KB)

12/18/2016 11:06 AM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

topcat most of the pictures I have seen of sl do look amazing. and you have seen him in real life so I cannot compare. but have a look at the pictures above

you can see that when cut really close you will still have that pluggy look like villeurve. not as bad I imagine but still pluggy. and the hairs seems to just grow in random angles. its just doesn't look right.

maybe I am being too critical. maybe the angles of the pictures are just bad I don't know. but this is what seems to be the case when people go for this look. the hairs are simply too thick to look normal. you compare the hairs that have been transplanted to his sides and its night and day. his hairs are thinner and therefore look more natural. why cannot this be achieved with a hairtransplant? is it simply impossible to transplant hairs, no matter the thickness of the hair, and have it look normal when cropped short? maybe because of the way surgeons insert the hairs it just cannot be achieved and so when you shave it short you will always have this pluggy looking root coming out of your head?
 12/18/2016 11:14 AM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

good sl pictures

sl 5.jpg
sl 5.jpg  (70 KB)
sl 6.jpg
sl 6.jpg  (78 KB)
sl 7.jpg
sl 7.jpg  (72 KB)
sl 8.jpg
sl 8.jpg  (75 KB)
sl 9.jpg
sl 9.jpg  (93 KB)

12/18/2016 11:21 AM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

with the pictures above. these do look very good. the first one in particular. the hairs look very natural and thin. THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO ACHIEVE. the hairs look naturally thin and not pluggy at the roots. but maybe this is just a nice angle.

the last three also look good too. no pluggy roots and naturally straight forward angles. but I think these photos were taken when those hairs hadn't reached full maturity. which is why maybe they look different to the first set I posted. once they've reached full maturity they began to take on a more pluggy unnatural appearance. the roots become very thick and the hairs don't grow properly ie the angles and direction.

do you guys see what im trying to say here? Im probably making a mess of this lol. but I know what I mean anyway....
 12/18/2016 11:37 AM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

what I want to achieve is like the picture I posted sl 5. light coverage across my head. THIN HAIRS WITH THIN ROOTS. BUT CAN THIS BE ACHIEVED? maybe that was just a nice angle. but this is what I want. this is what looks normal on a balding mans head.

but it seems to me that once a guy has a ht using typical donor hair from the back of his head THIS CANNOT BE ACHEIVED. at the start it looks great. but once they have reached maturity after a year or two they all look the same. the roots take on a pluggy thick appearance. and a lot seem to grow in random angles. and the hairs are simply too thick. maybe this is just how it is at the moment with the technology.

maybe it is the combination of using typical thick donor hair and the way the surgeons insert those hairs that achieving a natural looking ht as a buzz cut is simply impossible right now.

do you guys understand what I am trying to say? please help me out here, you lot know more than me for sure.

Edited: 12/18/2016 at 11:54 AM by sunchyme1
 12/18/2016 11:50 AM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

and when I say it doesn't look good as buzzcut I mean when you use a relatively low number of grafts across a large area. it simply doesn't look right. if you had unlimited donor maybe this would be fine after two or three passes.

but if you don't have a lot grafts to use and all you want is some light coverage and a hairline the hairs you need to use NEED TO BE THIN HAIRS. not thick ones from the back of your head. do you see what I saying here? thin hairs with thin roots.
 12/18/2016 04:29 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Yes I understand what you are saying and seeing with the pictures. In my opinion in person it looks very, very good. You also have to remember you are looking at a combination of scalp and beard hair so there is going to be a trade off with more coverage but in person it all blends very well with the grays and some of the darker beard hairs.

Even my own beard hair grafts are much thicker but blend really well with the gray. It works very well and I do think it helps to have those grays to give it some balance.

It becomes a trade off for coverage. Many of these young guys are having their donor zones decimated they just don't know it. The fue sessions they are having do not support the numbers long term in my opinion. Just like Jacque when they are older they will have to shave their head or wear a wig because the back of the head where their donor zone is will look like they just completed a few rounds of chemotherapy but that's 10-20 years from now. The money will have already been made and guess what.........its too late.

If you are using just scalp hair yes what you are trying to do is possible what is also possible is that is might not meet your expectations. You are cutting out thousands of pieces of skin and inserting them into holes cut out on you forehead. Maybe you don't heal well, maybe your diet is shit, maybe the doctor is not good enough............lots of maybes and that is why no one can tell you it will come out okay. Fred from Belgium seemed to have a good result with very limited amount of grafts and all the hairs are of the caliber you seem to be speaking of with of course a minimum amount of coverage.

This is in fact why I have stated in the past that some guys should just go in for a test even if it means spending a minimum surgical fee. Have 100 grafts and see how the skin looks afterward. Not much damage can be done or at least not as much as a session of say 2000 so it becomes cheap insurance. Most guys are not going to do this and the industry actually laughs at it because many of them are simply marketers and they would rather see young guys trapped as opposed to maybe seeing the reality before they make a big mistake and are able to tell others.

You see once you make the mistake for most they don't say too much because now they are really looking for help. So it becomes a matter so self preservation for them. Helping you are anyone else is the least of their worries.

As far as voipman's result yes I agree without pictures words don't mean much. In my opinion one can benefit by looking at where are patients going when they are looking for repair? Who are those doctors and where are they located? From my observations Turkey is not a destination for repair in fact I believe it will prove to be just the opposite with a flood of patients coming out of the woodwork looking for repair because they simply bought into marketing hype.

Edited: 12/18/2016 at 05:00 PM by topcat
 12/18/2016 05:31 PM

Author Icon
sunchyme1
Accomplished Poster

i have plenty of chest and beard hair I could myself. but the issue to me is it just seems that whatever hair you use you are going to have a pluggy look when cut really short no matter what once those hairs have reached full maturity. like you said you are cutting out pieces of skin and moving them. maybe why this is the reason it just doesn't work. I don't know. this is what im trying to find out. sl's hair looked bloody amazing at the start, but gradually got worse over time. (I am being very harsh here I know, his ht is one of the best ive seen)

that Jacque could fix himself if he wanted to. ive seen a pic where hes let his hair grow out a couple cms and it doesn't look too bad. he just needs to add more coverage at the front (body hair if his scalp is depleted) and hed be fine. I know body hair hts are expensive but he can afford it. its a mystery why he doesn't do something about it.

but like I said I want to keep it very short and it just doesn't seem possible. that's why Id love to see voipmans hair. I read one of his posts saying he was going to post updates with his surgery but never got to it so hopefully he wont have a problem posting some pics now. he seems happy with a buzz cut so id love to see it

its funny you mention fredthelbelgain. ive have a few arguments with him over on hairlosstalk. the guy refuses to post close ups of his hair. ive told him countless of times how much I admire his hair transplant and asked for him to post clear close ups similar to what sl did. so we can see clearly the result. but he wont do it. why??? he seems to think it doesn't matter. that no one looks that close up. but this is BULLSHIT. his 18 month pictures look slightly different than his one year ones. they looked pluggy. so I asked for close ups but the guy refuses to do it.

this is what I mean about once hairs reach full maturity after a couple of years or so they just don't look quite right. it is totally up to him whether he wants to post close ups but the guy is such a big figure over there and is so pro hair transplant that to me it is irresponsible that he doesn't. im sure he must be convincing a lot of young naïve guys who read his posts to go for it because of how much its changed his life. but without posting clear close ups how the fcuk are we meant to see how good it looks?? again this is why id love voipman to post some pics of his hair. its all research for me.
 12/18/2016 06:20 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

The "got worse over time" comment I would disagree with but it's important that you make it and others read it.

Body and beard hair in my opinion gets kind of tricky. What percentage can one use without it looking odd? It's probably different for everyone but I would guess it's definitely less then 50% before it just looks odd. This is where just having hair to have hair is sometimes the wrong choice. I have seen some very odd results with mega sessions in the past. Patients looking like they had a see through brillo pad glued to the head..................that is not an improvement in my opinion.

Not sure why Fred doesn't post close ups. If someone asked me in the past I was always eager because I was excited about the progress I did make. Not sure why he posts, trying to convince young guys to have a hair transplant seems like a stretch but I really don't know.

Personally I would dissuade most from considering the procedure. All you have to look at is all the nonsense these marketers put out there and it should raise a giant red flag. If someone is selling a quality product that people are standing in line to sign up for why all this online deception that goes on? It's telling you something. Many of these guys are working together as a group. I think it's hard for young guys to pick up on.

It's kind of like this. I drive by the corner of Broadway and Wilson on a frequent basis. If you came into the city and you found yourself there you would be completely oblivious. But like I said I do it daily. Each corner has multiple drug dealers working selling either crack, heroin or whatever. They are all working separately but due to the nature of their business they need to work together if you know what I mean. HT as it appears online can often be the same and young guys that are new to it all of course are oblivious.

Cosmetic surgery for most can become a giant trap and one only needs to look towards Hollywood to understand the consequences. It just needs to be conveyed to more people before they fall into the trap that marketers set.

My advice to you would be if you ever decide to do something go for a small test before doing anything major. The only person you can really trust is you and what you see in the mirror.

Edited: 12/18/2016 at 06:28 PM by topcat
Statistics
35992 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 303 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 303 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc