hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Fue from beard area to head question
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/02/2016 02:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/02/2016 02:26 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
rollerball
Regular Poster

Given the present state of the art, would it still be true to say that if you have hair from the moustache or beard zone transplanted to the head that the subsequent scarring would mean that you can't ever go clean shaven again?
 04/02/2016 07:44 PM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

No it wouldn't, people have done it - but I say no with the following caveats:

(1) You would have to do a small test because everybody is different and if you do scar in your beard area it would be a disaster (I haven't seen anybody transplant from the moustache area - the risks of scarring obviously would have even greater consequences).
(2) Not many HT doctors do beard hair and even the ones that do cannot necessarily do everybody - you would have to be assessed.
(3) Beard hair offers poor coverage because it doesn't have the large follicular units and it doesn't usually grow as quickly or as long - even if it might take on some of the characteristics of the recipient site (according to Dr Woods).
(4) Beard hair probably won't look like head hair once you get beyond stubble length.
(5) It's a marginal procedure and the yield can be very variable.

Basically my view is if a person doesn't research it for a year and look at real results from their chosen doctor then they are being reckless. I looked into it and on balance decided 'the juice wasn't worth the squeeze'.

-------------------------
A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
 04/03/2016 03:42 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Beard hair can be used but more as filler behind the hairline and once you start going past a certain percentage it can start to look odd in my opinion. From my own experience I don't have visible scarring along the chin. I doubt anyone would extract from the moustache area. Too much risk and I would guess extractions in that area have to be painful. No doctor with ethics would extract there in my opinion it's absolutely crazy.

Much of it is also going to depend on your balding pattern in my opinion. If your lateral humps are high and you don't start going into the crown it could all look good. These guys that have gotten bamboozled into these mega mega restorations over very wide hairloss patterns look bizarre to me. The effect is probably the opposite of what they are looking for as everyone stares at the top of their head which now looks like a Brillo pad while the periphery looks normal. Most especially when the lateral humps have dropped and there is a clear delineation line at the sides of the head.

If you are not a repair patient then just work with what you do have to offer as far as donor long term. That is the key.........what do you have available long term.................what will look good long term. The problem with the truth is that is cuts into a large percentage of the business being done. Then once you start focusing on only handful of doctors that have skill and ethics it cuts into business even more most especially for the parasites.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 08/20/2017 12:53 PM

Author Icon
hairhope4ever
Regular Poster

Definitely not. If you have a surgeon who has produced and provided proof of many successful beard and body hair procedures, scaring will be minimal. Successful beard and body hair transplantation is directly correlated to technique as well as the instruments that are being utilized for extraction. In my case, I had a very large repair session that consisted of beard and body hair extractions and transplantation, and i have no signs of extraction or scaring.

Happy Patient

Read about my positive hair transplant experiences here:
http://hairtransplanttestimonial.blogspot.com/
Statistics
36097 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 212 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 212 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc