hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: If you wanted to due fue to just maintain a hairline at a grade 1 buzz
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/16/2015 07:48 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/16/2015 07:48 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
oakdan5
Regular Poster

Would this not need as nearly as many grafts? I like fine with a very short buzz, if I could restore my hairline to have the shadow.
 12/17/2015 03:41 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

You might be able to get away with less grafts having longer hair and certain hairstyles as the work can be concealed easier.....at least in my opinion. When you start buzzing down the hair it has to absolutely match in color, caliber and surrounding density as being one seamless pattern otherwise it tends to catch the eye of others.

The best ht I have ever seen in person was a buzzed down style but it has to be done right and not everyone is going to be a candidate.

If you have 80 fu/sq cm at your hairline now you simply can't butt up 40 fu/sq cm and have it look right. You almost have to have lower density up on top of your head in my opinion for it to work.

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 12/17/2015 at 06:33 AM by topcat
 12/17/2015 08:57 PM

Author Icon
oakdan5
Regular Poster

I am talking very short, like 3mm long. Just enough to have the shadow of hair. I have the right look for that per se and do not care about growing it out. I probably wont do it, I just was thinking if it was a less needed procedure. I look similar to Georges St Pierre, (someone actually told me this) except with an NW3 very short buzz.
 12/18/2015 03:44 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Oakdan it's a very, very bad idea in my opinion. You are basically cutting out small pieces of skin from the back of your head then doing the same with the front of your head while switching out those pieces of skin in front with those from the back and leaving the back to just heal. The chances of all that skin healing up and looking normal without a little hair to conceal it is probably close to zero.

If you look like George St Pierre now just shave your head. That size and shape of skull is ideal for the look without the shadow............just get some Sun if possible.

Hair transplantation is not really meant for shaved heads. Some guys are persuaded to have a hair tattoo and I think that is equally as bad of an idea. Long term it's not a solution and not worth the risk in my opinion.

In my opinion the only way your idea would work is if you let the hair grow out about a 1/2 cm or so and even with that the work needs to be absolutely perfect at that length.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 12/18/2015 11:26 AM

Author Icon
WorthmorethanGold-i-locks
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: topcat

Oakdan it's a very, very bad idea in my opinion. You are basically cutting out small pieces of skin from the back of your head then doing the same with the front of your head while switching out those pieces of skin in front with those from the back and leaving the back to just heal. The chances of all that skin healing up and looking normal without a little hair to conceal it is probably close to zero.

If you look like George St Pierre now just shave your head. That size and shape of skull is ideal for the look without the shadow............just get some Sun if possible.

Hair transplantation is not really meant for shaved heads. Some guys are persuaded to have a hair tattoo and I think that is equally as bad of an idea. Long term it's not a solution and not worth the risk in my opinion.

In my opinion the only way your idea would work is if you let the hair grow out about a 1/2 cm or so and even with that the work needs to be absolutely perfect at that length.
 12/18/2015 03:59 PM

Author Icon
oakdan5
Regular Poster

Thanks for the info!
 12/20/2015 09:34 AM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

+1

It's why I ended up in a position where I could do nothing - I have severe loss and simply wasn't willing to accept the high risk that I couldn't shave right down - which is what I do now.

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
 04/27/2016 03:23 AM

Author Icon
dh05
Occasional Poster

I'm confused with this...isn't the cutting the skin etc only the vase with FUT. I.e. with FUE aren't they just taking the follicle? So, say a FUE with a grade 1-2 cut...would the dots always be obvious as scarring?
 04/27/2016 11:54 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

dh05 the original poster was referencing George St Pierre who very often shaves his head to the bone. The original poster also mentioned a shadow effect. Personally I think it's very risky..........doesn't mean it can't be accomplished but that it is very, very risky.

Yes a 1-2 grade can look absolutely fantastic when performed by the right doctor and there are less then a handful when it comes to this type of result in my opinion and they are not the new guys nor are they the guys that have no choice but to start offering fue now because the lies no longer work.

The best HT result I have ever seen was SL the rep for BHR. We are talking about a 1-2 grade in complete sunlight that looked absolutely flawless. On some forums you will read too many postings by guys who have had recent procedures complaining about why the skin looks so bumpy and that is with the hair being long. But they notice it themselves when they tilt their head in the mirror and are looking at the right angle. It comes down to the skill and experience of the doctor and even with that it might not come out just right.

I have seen this result below in person and the pictures do not do it justice. It's everything a hair transplant should be in my opinion. There is nothing to hide with this result absolutely nothing.

Also understand that not everyone is going to have the same donor characteristics along with the many of the other advantages some prospective patients will have. The fact is ht is a very limited procedure best suited for older guys. Most that will suffer from hairloss will lose 20,000 fu over their lifetime maybe more maybe less yet they might only have about 3000-4000 fu available with a fue only procedure. How does one makes sense of that math? It only makes sense if you are older and wants some of your hair back and have enough sense to be realistic about it all. This business is mostly about preying on young desperate guys because that is where most of the money is going to be made. This is why you have these marketers working the forums. They want their piece of that pie. There was a patient that posted to this forum once and he stated "now it was time to make some money" he deleted it shortly after as his intention was to get into the business. That is the mentality of the majority in this business so be careful.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/fo...ht_key=y&keyword1=8000

Edited: 04/27/2016 at 01:05 PM by topcat
 05/01/2016 04:47 PM

Author Icon
SeanFUE
Regular Poster

Be careful on how your FUE is extracted, what tools, if a surgeon does not do the actual extractions and so forth. If not done correctly, you can end up woth donor halos and awkward donor extraction shapes. Think and research thoroughly for your safety.
 10/26/2016 03:35 PM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

SL seems to me to be a rare case, he is lucky to have a relatively small head and has had transplanted an absolute shedload of grafts (he also had quite a lot of grafts remaining scattered on his head to begin with) - I think very few people have that number of grafts available and are in that situation.

I'm not knocking the work - it looks really great - but to look at it as something that many people could achieve when going towards NW6 is unrealistic. SL himself is clear and up front and says this.

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
 10/27/2016 03:00 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Skywalker I agree with you 100% SL is not average and those numbers included a lot of beard hair which and he seems to have more density then most.

This is also why the numbers now being thrown around by clinics like 6000+ with scalp only donor by way of FUE are in most cases irresponsible because long term the patient can easily be left with a balding/thinning donor area as time passes by and when they realize it, it will be too late.

So that is another clue.............who are these doctors now doing these very large fue sessions? It's a big flashing red light to stay away.

Hair transplantation is an extremely limited procedure. In order to make more money many doctors are willing to work outside those limitations for their own benefit and not the patient.

Yes they will use the visuals of those same results to entice the young boys but it's predatory. These same young boys are not thinking logically but emotionally and the predators know this very well. Who are they? Look at the numbers just like those that were stamping low hairlines on young boys in the past.............it's a clue that's telling you someone does not have ethics.

Many now realize that the gold standard marketing term applied to those providing the procedure and not so much the patient. You see it's kind of like a joke. Marketers will say it's the gold standard to keep it all going and in essence they are being honest just not fully explaining it. That is how marketing often works. They like to take words and statements and change it all to give it the meaning that suits their needs and then just keep repeating it over and over and over again. It becomes a form of mind control in many ways.

The procedure is very, very limited. For most 4000 seems to be average as a safe number with FUE yet many will lose 20,000 FU. Work within the numbers to look normal long term otherwise you are just enriching those that are willing to lie and for that you could easily pay a hefty price long term.

Young guys just need honest information so that they can make logical decisions and if they decide to have a hair transplant good for them they have more information and hopefully they can put together a sensible plan. They just need to be aware of how all this marketing works.

I have too many examples to be listing here but I will add a few. A little over 10 years ago I gave a presentation on sugar and one of the lines I used was that these marketers were all sitting in a room discussing what they were going to do with all this high fructose corn syrup they had on hand. My thoughts were that they would mix it up with some coloring, flavors and other crap and squeeze it out of a tube. They would then advertise to the kids that this is what the astronauts were eating. I come to learn almost 40 years later that this is exactly how it works after reading "Salt, Sugar, Fat (How the Food Giants Hooked US" by Michael Moss. When I was about 10 years old I was eating it they were called space food sticks. They know what they are doing and it's not for the consumer it's for them if I become a diabetic too bad I should have done my research. After all I was a big boy by then 10 years old I should have known better.

Same with protein powders. When I was about 13 I had several doctor visits where I was doubled over in pain and could not stand upright. They didn't know what was wrong with me and thankfully they did nothing. I come to learn 40 years later again after reading "Bodybuilding: Smoke and Mirrors" by Roach that the purveyor of that protein powder knew exactly what he was doing by using this cheap unprocessed soy and it was further confirmed after reading "The Whole Soy Story" by Daniel. I could have easily ended up having my appendix removed because some marketer wants a new car and who knows where that would have all eventually led to.

Fast forward and today those watching politics can easily see how it all works by reading all the exposed e-mails. Send someone in to attack the target and try to discredit them. When that happens on a hair loss message forum it's exactly the same thing so when you see it open your eyes you are observing dishonesty so in many ways it becomes helpful in research. When a forum participates and seems to work hand in hand with those using these tactics one must also observe and use it as part of their research and understand in all likelihood the forum has been compromised. Observe it all even closer it's telling you something you need to know.

Most people have a hard time wrapping their mind around some of this, that people would actively work to deceive them sometimes as a group as a way to profit in a profession like medicine. It's because most people are normal and would not do any of this but their are people that will.

Edited: 10/27/2016 at 08:53 AM by topcat
 08/20/2017 12:56 PM

Author Icon
hairhope4ever
Regular Poster

If you go with a low number of grafts, you may want to supplement that with SMP as well. I don't think a buzz cut goal is any different than a regular non-buzz style goal. The more grafts you have, the more density you will have. That is also contingent if you are with a reputable clinic who has a positive track record. As Topcat mentions, there are predatory clinics out there who will try to transplant so much hair solely using head donor. However, if your hair loss is severe, that is not possible, for the donor area is not infinite which is why beard and body hair may be a viable supplementary option.

Happy Patient

Read about my positive hair transplant experiences here:
http://hairtransplanttestimonial.blogspot.com/
Statistics
36097 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 434 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 434 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc