hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Transplant DHI 6.217 grafts (4549+1728 FUE+body and beard FUE)
Topic Summary: With pics
Created On: 10/04/2011 11:44 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/04/2011 11:44 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
close
Occasional Poster

Hi to all of you, (I reopen my topic here because I think I post it in a wrong category)
I have read this forum for quite a long time now and I decided to share with you my experience. I am from Greece 37 years old and here is a brief history of my transplants and their evolution. Briefly my story:
3 transplants at DHI in Athens.
The first in 2006, FUE, a total of about 1900 grafts in two days
The second in 2010, Body FUE, a total of about 600 grafts in 1 day
The Third year 2011, FUE a total of about 1350 grafts in two days of which 400 from the body

In the first picture in 2006 my hair's thinning and "fluffy hairs" around the parts that seems to be bald in the coming years are apparent. In my initial contact with the clinic, the doctor informed me that we can correct the aesthetic issue, but only for a few years as the areas in which there would not receive any transplants they will slowly be bald. This has actually happened.
In the second picture you see the postoperative image, which gave me an acceptable result for about 2 years and in the third picture you see the situation after 4 years from the first transplant.
Somewhere around the beginning of 2010 I decided to act again and two transplants within 1 year had been followed, which have not shown yet the final result since the latter was about 8 months ago. HOWEVER, I am optimistic about the outcome because, as you can see in the pictures, I am doing well and I am pleased with the so far results .
I have normal densification for the first time from the top and bow low, and I have begun integrating the front areas which gives me (FINALLY) a uniform image.
I wish everything goes well ... I promise you that it will attach images frequently (hopefully monthly) to share my changes with you.

A_ 2-10-2006.JPG
A_ 2-10-2006.JPG  (9 KB)
B_ 3-10-2006.JPG
B_ 3-10-2006.JPG  (10 KB)
C-5-2010.jpg
C-5-2010.jpg  (89 KB)
F_ 4-2-2011.jpg
F_ 4-2-2011.jpg  (421 KB)
I-1-5-2011 low.jpg
I-1-5-2011 low.jpg  (353 KB)
22-8-11 month 6_5.jpg
22-8-11 month 6_5.jpg  (963 KB)

-------------------------
Past NW6, now NW2 with 6.217 grafts at DHI (minox 2ml/day + Spirolactone + fungoral 1/week)
My results: http://imgur.com/a/hyVtt#0

Edited: 11/22/2012 at 01:12 AM by close
 10/04/2011 11:46 PM

Author Icon
close
Occasional Poster

And some comparison picture: the first one is after my first operation and the second one is 5 months after the last operation.

Past NW6, now NW2 with 6.217 grafts at DHI (minox 2ml/day + Spirolactone + fungoral 1/week)
 10/13/2011 06:05 AM

Author Icon
close
Occasional Poster

8 months pictures

8 months back.jpg
8 months back.jpg  (639 KB)
8 months profile.jpg
8 months profile.jpg  (903 KB)

10/17/2011 07:26 PM

Author Icon
fuzzy
Accomplished Poster

Looks good.
 10/18/2011 04:52 AM

Author Icon
close
Occasional Poster

Thanks. Yes it's good, but I will need one more in order to achieve uniform thickening especially at the crown.

11/03/2011 02:49 PM

Author Icon
Tsakalos
Accomplished Poster

looks very good
 11/04/2011 12:37 AM

Author Icon
close
Occasional Poster

9 months and getting even better (not a huge different from previous month, but in my view, seeing my head every day, is obvious)

9 months.jpg
9 months.jpg  (49 KB)

11/04/2011 03:36 PM

Author Icon
Hair today,Gone tomorrow
Accomplished Poster

You might need to go with a shorter buzz cut though it looks good...I see some really wiry, wispy looking hairs coming off of your head. Still a HUGE improvement!
 11/08/2011 01:34 AM

Author Icon
close
Occasional Poster

Originally posted by: Hair today,Gone tomorrow

You might need to go with a shorter buzz cut though it looks good...I see some really wiry, wispy looking hairs coming off of your head. Still a HUGE improvement!

yes because my hair is actually curly and the photos above is just after a hair-wash. Preferably I use some hairspray in order to "put these wiry hairs down" and it works. Thanks for your comment.

01/14/2012 01:19 AM

Author Icon
close
Occasional Poster

Dear friends, the first photo bellow can be considered as the final result of my last hair transplant, as from last Tuesday I've done another one session in DHI using 549 beard hairs (including 69 two-haired grafts!!!) and 1087 head hairs (in total 1636 grafts) which raised the amount of the transplanted grafts in my head to up to 5.536 (the rest of the photos).
The new hair transplant covered mainly the crown area and some parts of A and B areas and also gave me the opportunity to "rebuild" a little bit my hairline. The result so far is awesome and I hope that all of the grafts will survive in order to solve my baldness for good this time.
The beard area is recovering extremely fast (I cannot believe it). Today is my 5th day from the beard hairs export and the area is almost clean (relative photos will be follow).

final result.jpg
final result.jpg  (165 KB)
P1140438.jpg
P1140438.jpg  (222 KB)
P1140443.jpg
P1140443.jpg  (194 KB)
P1140448.jpg
P1140448.jpg  (198 KB)
P1140449.jpg
P1140449.jpg  (225 KB)
P1140450.jpg
P1140450.jpg  (262 KB)
P1140451.jpg
P1140451.jpg  (170 KB)

01/14/2012 03:46 PM

Author Icon
mintyfresh
Accomplished Poster

wow fantastic result, so the big question is.....

what would it look like if you grew it out longer?
 01/14/2012 04:10 PM

Author Icon
WorthmorethanGold-i-locks
Prolific Poster

See, I would keep this cut pretty dang short...I think it looks better personally. It camoflauges the transplant in the case of a FUE better in my opinion.
 01/14/2012 04:51 PM

Author Icon
Mr Smith

Well done you. It looks good.

You must be very happy.

Here are my before and after images. I've had 2 days treatment so far.

Heading back in may for another 2 days.

Cheers

10daysafter.jpg
10daysafter.jpg  (116 KB)
dayofprocedure.jpg
dayofprocedure.jpg  (85 KB)
jan2_50c_50-1.jpg
jan2_50c_50-1.jpg  (216 KB)

01/14/2012 05:18 PM

Author Icon
Farrel

Just out of curiosity, are any of you DHI patients being compensated or getting special deals or free grafts for posting your results here?

If so you need to state that according to FTC rules.

It just find it interesting that we haven't had many DHI patients posting here for years, but suddenly we have a number of DHI patients all posting their results here around the same time.

The last time I asked this question to a DHI patient in Ireland a few months back he never responded to my question and just stopped posting altogether.

Why did you guys end up posting your results here? What motivated you to do so since we mainly deal with North American doctors?

Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
 01/15/2012 07:38 AM

Author Icon
close
Occasional Poster

Originally posted by: Farrel

Just out of curiosity, are any of you DHI patients being compensated or getting special deals or free grafts for posting your results here?

It just find it interesting that we haven't had many DHI patients posting here for years, but suddenly we have a number of DHI patients all posting their results here around the same time.

The last time I asked this question to a DHI patient in Ireland a few months back he never responded to my question and just stopped posting altogether.

Why did you guys end up posting your results here? What motivated you to do so since we mainly deal with North American doctors?

No my friend, nobody told me to do so, I have paid 12.000 euro for my transplants until now (apart from the second one, which was almost free because it was considered by both me and DHI that some of the grafts were not apparent during the final result) I just like to post in forums and especially post my transplantation results. Is this a problem? Do I have to get a license from somewhere in order to do so...???? I am here...

And... Just out of curiosity, do you like my results? do you have anything to suggest for my post operation period?

01/15/2012 11:59 AM

Author Icon
Farrel

(apart from the second one, which was almost free because it was considered by both me and DHI that some of the grafts were not apparent during the final result) I just like to post in forums and especially post my transplantation results. Is this a problem?

It's not a problem if everything is disclosed openly, it's only a problem when some of the facts are not disclosed. That's what the FTC regulations are all about.

For example, I was unaware that your second procedure was almost free because your previous one did not have satisfactory results.

These are the facts that people need to know because people are making decisions based on what other people post on forums.

do you have anything to suggest for my post operation period?

Post op suggestions are best given by the relevant clinic, not me, because if I suggest something a clinic could later state that my advice was bad and that's why the result did not turn out as expected, if that should occur.

My best wishes for a good result and fast healing.

Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
 01/16/2012 05:25 PM

Author Icon
Mr Smith

Originally posted by: Farrel

No dude. I had my opp last year and I haven't looked back since. I've found a little bit of a release to be speaking to others in the same boat on the forums. These are (for me) way of talking with others openly about it. `you can't just bring it up in normal conversatons at home or work, unless the people that you are with know that you know that they know.
 01/16/2012 08:20 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Close are you saying that you feel comfortable recommending a clinic where many of the grafts in the first procedure were not apparent so you needed to have a second free procedure to rectify the situation? Maybe it would be better to go to a clinic where all the grafts were apparent on the first procedure to begin with. Regardless if that second procedure was free those lost grafts reduce your available donor and it would be foolish for anyone to take that risk by going to the same clinic.

Mr. Smith you waited a whole year to come on to the forums and then waited for a DHI thread to be started by someone with a total of 12 posts because you needed a release?

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 01/16/2012 09:02 PM

Author Icon
sc64
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: topcat

Mr. Smith you waited a whole year to come on to the forums and then waited for a DHI thread to be started by someone with a total of 12 posts because you needed a release?

I seen some of these same pics of him at the BT forum today in the introduce yourself forum posting under new hair 2012 and told a little bit about himself but didn't say who did the transplant,

Edit,also he started a thread at hair loss experience under the name dhi client 2011 with the same pics and the reviews out of 120 something post are not good about the clinic from other posters.

Edited: 01/24/2012 at 04:34 PM by sc64
 01/17/2012 10:14 AM

Author Icon
close
Occasional Poster

Originally posted by: topcat

Close are you saying that you feel comfortable recommending a clinic where many of the grafts in the first procedure were not apparent so you needed to have a second free procedure to rectify the situation? Maybe it would be better to go to a clinic where all the grafts were apparent on the first procedure to begin with. Regardless if that second procedure was free those lost grafts reduce your available donor and it would be foolish for anyone to take that risk by going to the same clinic.

hahahaha what is your problem guys .... I am not here to argue with anyone, and I am not here to suggest anything.... relax, if you don't want to follow my posts, or if you don't want to see my pictures and the things I write please don't, but please don't treat me this way....
As far as the grafts that they didn't make it through the first surgery was almost 5-8% of the total, which is almost (as I learned later on), a normal percentage of loss for most of the transplantation. That means almost 90-130 grafts for my case that time. So, during that year's last consultation I mentioned my dissatisfaction for some empty spaces in the DHI and they offered me a small session for free which gave me another 600 grafts... Is this wrong?... I believe that their behavior was awesome, and that's why I' ve done the rest of my transplantation to DHI as well...

Edited: 01/19/2012 at 12:59 AM by close
Statistics
36189 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 381 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 381 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc