hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Dr. Hasson 5059 grafts - 9 months
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/19/2009 04:11 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/19/2009 04:11 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
markinjapan
Prolific Poster

Hey guys, thought I'd post an update. Things are just getting better and better and I'm stoked with the way it's coming in. The trouble is that I'm spending way too much time in front of the mirror playing around with my new hair. It's been a few years since I've had to style my hair and I'm slowly getting better at it

The only complaint I have so far and I am being picky, is that it's still a bit thin in the temples. I'm hoping these hairs will thicken. Perhaps they run on the same time frame as the crown? Any vets out there that can help here?

Anyway, I am just so happy at having hair again. Every time I walk past a mirror I can't help myself from stealing a quick peak, whereas before I used to avoid them. There's an electrical store near my place that has lots of mirrors and I'm starting to worry that the staff might think I'm a bit strange. I just can't stop looking at my new do! Let me know what you think. Cheers MIJ.

-------------------------
5059 Grafts Dr.Hasson July 21st, 2008
2381 Grafts Dr. Hasson July 21st, 2010
Total : 7440 grafts
1.25mg Proscar daily

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/markinjapan/

Edited: 04/19/2009 at 06:38 AM by markinjapan
 04/19/2009 07:36 AM

Author Icon
Atticus
Accomplished Poster

Looking Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a transformation! You look much younger.

Atticus

600 hairline grafts
Dr. Umar- Redondo beach
 04/19/2009 07:51 AM

Author Icon
Jazz
Regular Poster

This result is phenomenal!!

What is you hair characteristic like?

Thanks for sharing your updates....
 04/19/2009 08:41 AM

Author Icon
lexluthur
Occasional Poster

Absolutely stunning ! Did u do all 5059 in 1 session or 2 sessions (when is the 1st session? )
 04/19/2009 02:09 PM

Author Icon
DCJ
Regular Poster

Man this result is 100% awesome! I would not give anymore worries to your temples. In the pics, they look great and they certainly do not stand out as though they are thin in the pics. Congrats on your results!!

Do you mind sharing your age and if you had your hair loss stablized before your surgery? Were you on any meds before and now after to keep what you had? Just curious as I always wonder about future loss as I have had 2 HTs...first one at 32 and another at 33....I felt like for the most part I had my loss stablized but this is always a fear of losing more in the future.

Thanks for sharing and again great results man!

DCJ
 04/19/2009 05:30 PM

Author Icon
RichLocks
Accomplished Poster

fantastic! amazing!

What a result! Can you share any wet pics?
 04/20/2009 02:37 AM

Author Icon
markinjapan
Prolific Poster

Thanks for your comments and I'll try to answer your questions.

Jazz, do you mean my donor or what type of hair I have? If it's the latter as you can see in the pics it's quite wavy and light colored which seems to help with coverage.

Lexluther, it was done all in one session and that's one of the main reasons I chose Dr.Hasson. Vancouver's a long way and I was hoping to get as much done in one hit as possible.

DJC, I am 37 now and have been on proscar since the surgery. I was using finax before that (a generic finasteride pill) and i thought my hairloss had stabilised a bit.

Richlocks, I hope you're not talking dirty there mate Here are some wet pics for you, straight out of the shower. The lense kept fogging but I did my best.

1.25mg Proscar daily

Edited: 04/20/2009 at 06:44 AM by markinjapan
 04/20/2009 09:40 AM

Author Icon
RichLocks
Accomplished Poster

Mark:

How did Dr. Hasson rate your donor? Average? Above Average? What were the density and laxity characteristics?

When were you able to get back to work without looking odd?

Again.. amazing.. you must be very happy.
 04/20/2009 05:42 PM

Author Icon
Petchsky
Regular Poster

Damn that looks awesome. Like your strategy, get as much done in one, save time and inconvenience.
 04/21/2009 12:24 AM

Author Icon
spex
Accomplished Poster

great stuff!!

I am a representative for Dr Scott Alexander Phoenix Arizona.

Webpage: http://www.biltmorehairrestoration.com

All opinions expressed are my own.

Email :[email protected]
 04/21/2009 08:48 AM

Author Icon
Reverse the Curse
Accomplished Poster

mij
your baldness is now mia!!! you call it pickyness we call it hair geed. looks top notch for 5k grafts.
rtc

My Story

http://www.hairlosshelp.net/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=58&threadid=45296

My Website

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/Reverse the Curse/
 04/21/2009 05:48 PM

Author Icon
comb
Regular Poster

This result is extremely good! Well done to the doctor, techs and yourself! I've been following your case from the beginning as my surgery was similar, and I was waiting for this update!

I am the Greece consultant for Hasson & Wong. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong. For more information in Greek and contact details please visit my web page and blog at www.hairtransplantgreece.com
 04/22/2009 05:59 AM

Author Icon
markinjapan
Prolific Poster

Thanks guys. I'm loving this new hair so much. At work today a couple of students couldn't believe I was 37 when they asked my age. Now that put a big smile on my face And on top of that not a single person has ever questioned my hair, or even stared at my hairline suspisciously. It looks so natural (to the untrained eye I guess). And I can't believe it's going to get even better, Dr. Hasson, you're a freaking legend dude!

Richlocks, Dr.Hasson rated my donor as above average but not excellent, and as the techs were taking the grafts out of the strip one of them told me it was thick. I think this was also due in part to the doc going a little higher than average when cutting the strip so he could get the thicker donor area.

Petchsky, yeah when you add up the cost of traveling to Vancouver it just makes sense to get as much done as possible in one go. I'm sure I'll have to go back in the future but hopefully it won't be for a few years yet.

And RTC, yeah I just might have to change my avatar to MIA although I don't suppose some of the guys who are following my progress will appreciate it if I take it literally

1.25mg Proscar daily

Edited: 04/22/2009 at 06:16 AM by markinjapan
 04/22/2009 06:39 AM

Author Icon
bigmac
Accomplished Poster

Looking great MIJ at nine months.
A great transformation so far from that balding look with more growth to follow for sure.
Cheers bm.

Two poor HTs with Norton(strips)
One poor HT with a Greek fue clinic
Two great HTs with Shapiro Medical Group
Strip and fue
 04/24/2009 02:48 PM

Author Icon
NG2GB
Regular Poster

MIJ, man this is SUCH an amazing transformation, you must be thrilled! I've been following your progress and your hair has gotten so thick it's unreal; are those last pics really dripping wet? Does this density hold up outdoors? Your mop looks like a million bucks, I can't imagine it getting any thicker. Congrats! BTW, I just had my ht w/Hasson (he got 4,060) he's a brilliant surgeon & one cool cat to boot!
 04/24/2009 06:44 PM

Author Icon
Strife
Regular Poster

wow I haven't logged in for months, but had to so I could comment on this result!

Amazing man!!!

I've been seeing your progress for quite some time right now.

How old are you?

04/24/2009 08:53 PM

Author Icon
markinjapan
Prolific Poster

Bed Head.....

Thanks for the comments Bigmac, cheers mate. I'm also following your case closely. How are those FUE's coming along?
NG, you'll be so happy that you went to Dr. Hasson. Just try to keep yourself busy over the next 3 months, it can be a pretty difficult time but the wait will be worth it. Strife, I'm 37 y/o. That sentence kind of matches how I feel....37

So I thought I'd post some bed head shots, including harsh overhead in natural light. I feel it's my responsibility to do so coz we need to remember a HT gives the illusion of a full head of hair. All newbies need to know this. When I was looking at myself in the mirror this morning I was thinking man that looks good even completely messed up, curly and all. Then after taking the photo's I was kind of surprised to see the overhead ones. Ouch!

I think my wavy/curly hair makes it look a bit thinner on top coz it is bunched up in patches after a nights sleep. And I need to remember there's still more thickening to come. Still, incredibly happy with the way it's coming in.

1.25mg Proscar daily

Edited: 04/24/2009 at 10:03 PM by markinjapan
 04/25/2009 11:03 AM

Author Icon
cyman
Regular Poster

Still looks good even with bed head. I wouldn't worry about those gaps...they'll keep filling in. And of course you can always go for more density with a round 2, but for now I'd be very happy if I were you.
 04/25/2009 11:08 AM

Author Icon
RichLocks
Accomplished Poster

Mark.. are you considering DUT at all?
 04/26/2009 12:33 AM

Author Icon
markinjapan
Prolific Poster

cyman, yeah I hope it keeps filling in and it'll be interesting to see how it turn out at 12 months and then again 1.5 years. Richlocks, will just stick with the proscar for now as I don't have any side effects from it.

Well met some friends and played soccer today. I haven't seen some of them in a year and they really liked my new look. I'd only told a couple of them about my HT and they thought it was great. As I was getting a lift back I asked another friend what he thought about my new do and he said he liked it. When I told him about the HT he was blown away. He had no idea at all and said he just thought I'd grown it out (I always used to keep it short). It was a genuine reaction, he definitely had no idea

So it's been an incredibly windy day out today, really gusty and I've been playing soccer for 2 hours in the sun. Check out how good she holds up in the wind and after exercise. Quite different to the bed head shots. I have some clay in for styling and the pics were taken on my balcony outside in the early afternoon. Just so so glad I ignored the doubts I had and went through with it all. Sorry to keep posting pics but I hope these give some of you guys hope out there! I think it's time for a haircut, this mop needs a trimming

1.25mg Proscar daily

Edited: 04/26/2009 at 12:39 AM by markinjapan
Statistics
35872 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 329 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 329 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc