hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Creatine and hair loss
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/07/2014 11:20 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/07/2014 11:20 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
bigforehead33
Prolific Poster

I know all anabolic steroids will result in an increased in hair loss but what about creatine? I plan on finally working out soon as if im going to lose my hair I really need to gain some serious weight fast as I am starting to resemble a cancer patient.

Most protein shakes especially the mass gainer ones contain creatine and ive used it before and think it works but I don't want it to make my hair fall out faster than it already is. I am an ectomorph so i need the supplements if i am ever to gain muscle and weight.
 04/26/2015 11:52 AM

Author Icon
Si30
Prolific Poster

Creatine is a drop in the ocean effect on the hair. The positive effects from Creatine on wellbeing, strength and confidence outweigh the miniscule affect it may have.
 06/06/2015 10:27 AM

Author Icon
Tonidushicaa
Regular Poster

What about prework outs. Do they have any negative effect on hair?
 09/01/2015 06:17 AM

Author Icon
Aztec
Prolific Poster

I haven't heard any negative effects of pre-workouts or creatine accelerating hair loss. It would make sense for creatine since it promotes natural DHT production but sill haven't seen any concrete evidence. Anabolic steroids destroy your hair rapidly though if you are susceptible to hair loss.

-------------------------
07/2013 1 FUT strip surgery = garbage results and one strip scar

11/25/14 456 FUE scalp grafts into scar with Dr. John Cole = excellent results

10/08/15 second round of scar grafting with Dr. Cole 300 grafts
 09/18/2015 03:16 PM

Author Icon
RMAN
Regular Poster

I workout 3 to 4 times a week. I was taking creatine and I benefited from it. Creatine monohydrate is the most studied supplement that has been proven to back up it's claim and it's cheap. but after reading studies that it can increase serum levels of DHT, I stop taking it. One study for instance, showed after consuming creating after 7 to 14 days increase serum DHT levels by 56%. It's a fact I have AGA/MPB so i'm not takiing that risk. I rather just stick with lean protein, protein powder like whey Isolate and Micellar Casein, multivitamins, vitamin d3 and fish oil with a good EPA and DHA quantity. Just my 2 cents.

Link to study I was referring to http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19741313

Rogaine Foam : 1x a day
Nizoral 1% Shampoo: Every 3 days
 01/23/2016 11:45 AM

Author Icon
yannick42
Regular Poster

Creatine is the worst supplement ever if you want to look fat, retain water and so on.

I stay clear from anything with creatine in it
 01/29/2016 02:45 PM

Author Icon
Biffy
Prolific Poster

Baking soda is better than any of them fancy pre-workouts including Creatine.

TOPICALS
Adenosine
Stemox
Castor oil
INTERNALS
Curcumin
Iodine
Krill Oil

Edited: 01/30/2016 at 02:56 AM by Hair Loss Help Moderator
 03/27/2016 08:16 PM

Author Icon
max2223

Originally posted by: bigforehead33

I know all anabolic steroids will result in an increased in hair loss but what about creatine? I plan on finally working out soon as if im going to lose my hair I really need to gain some serious weight fast as I am starting to resemble a cancer patient.

Most protein shakes especially the mass gainer ones contain creatine and ive used it before and think it works but I don't want it to make my hair fall out faster than it already is. I am an ectomorph so i need the supplements if i am ever to gain muscle and weight.

I'm not sure about creatine but I read here that most fitness products like the whey products/protein shakes you plan on consuming can have a steroid like effect because of the growth hormones it contains and cause or worsen hair loss. However, I'm not sure about creatine. I wouldn't doubt it though.
 04/01/2016 08:49 AM

Author Icon
biloba
Occasional Poster

I'm no expert, but I don't think creatine, protein or most pre-workout supplements directly promote or increase hair loss. If you are using them and lifting/working out more, you will probably naturally increase the amount of testosterone your body makes. That in turn may lead to more DHT in your body.

I've used several pre-workouts over the years - I have to admit I've quit using a couple when I noticed a shed. Whether or not the pre-workout caused it, I can't say. It's all part of the shitty game of combatting hair loss for me.

2009-2010 Spectral DNC Minoxidil
June 2011-Aug 2014 1.5 Fin ED
Minox 5% ED June 2011-current
Niz weekly June 2011-current
Aug 2014-current .5 Dut ED
S5 cream ED
Feb 2016 Stemox
 09/08/2016 10:51 AM

Author Icon
RMAN
Regular Poster

I use to think the same way as many of you guys. That protein and anything that can actually be healthful for men could cause hair loss because all the b.s. use to read online. I have 3 months taking creating 5 g a day, whey and casein protein powders daily and haven't experience any increase of hair loss.

Rogaine Foam : 1x a day
Nizoral 1% Shampoo: Every 3 days
 08/13/2017 03:14 PM

Author Icon
hairhope4ever
Regular Poster

I second yannick. I have heard nothing but negative experiences as far as creatine is concerned, and I have personally had nothing but bad experiences with it.

My primary doctor said it is not only harsh on the kidneys, but certainly has a detrimental effect on pre-dispositioned hair loss sufferers.

Happy Patient

Read about my positive hair transplant experiences here:
http://hairtransplanttestimonial.blogspot.com/
Statistics
36267 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 315 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 315 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc