hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Scar Camouflage Tattoo (The truth)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/23/2011 08:40 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/23/2011 08:40 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
morobento
Prolific Poster

I'm thinking about getting the tattoo pigmentation on the scar by the end of the year.
My intention is to open this thread for all those interested so we can share information and thereby make a smarter decision.

Did anybody had this procedure done with HIS, Artistry Concepts, GoodLookInk or anywhere else?

Let´s stick together guys in one threat, that way we can put all the information together, we need pictures, pictures please!
 02/23/2011 09:05 PM

Author Icon
morobento
Prolific Poster

Apparently these are our four main options,

">http://www.hishairclinic.com/t...r-coverage/

">http://www.artistryconceptsh...rcamouflage.htm

">http://www.goodlookink.com/Scars.html

">http://www.baldingblog.com/2...+Information%29

HIS in London and Z-man are in my opinion the best results

zman.JPG
zman.JPG  (1251 KB)
zman 2.jpg
zman 2.jpg  (908 KB)
zman 3.JPG
zman 3.JPG  (2027 KB)

Edited: 04/30/2012 at 08:23 AM by morobento
 02/24/2011 02:59 AM

Author Icon
DHTassassin
Accomplished Poster

Zman's pictures look pretty good. I especially like the one where his head is shaved down to the skin and his scar is well hidden.

The before and after pics you just posted look pretty amazing.

DHT

Edited: 02/24/2011 at 06:48 AM by DHTassassin
 02/24/2011 12:00 PM

Author Icon
iamback
Occasional Poster

Morobento:
Great info and great post . Also , any update in your scar ? is the red still there ? I am really glad for you , it look that wolf did a great job .
If I do not remeber wrong, the first clinic one open by a guy who got his tatoo done in the second clinic posted ( or viceversa lol )
i never understand why people do not give importance to this technique, is really hard to find anything about it or anybody that got it .
 02/24/2011 04:15 PM

Author Icon
DHTassassin
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: iamback

Morobento:

Great info and great post . Also , any update in your scar ? is the red still there ? I am really glad for you , it look that wolf did a great job .

If I do not remeber wrong, the first clinic one open by a guy who got his tatoo done in the second clinic posted ( or viceversa lol )

i never understand why people do not give importance to this technique, is really hard to find anything about it or anybody that got it .

The amount of money that tattoo artists could make if they were to put effort into proper scar concealment is limitless.

There are so many people from different facets of life that have been scarred for various reasons that would love the opportunity to conceal those scars with some sort of flesh-colored pigment.

Why these guys don't put their skills to good use is beyond me.

DHT
 02/25/2011 10:07 AM

Author Icon
morobento
Prolific Poster

So far I think HIS in UK is by far the best option.

iamback, my scar was going well until a few days ago when I notice some stretching. I do not want to worry too much, Im just going to wait.

DHT, I ve sent you a PM, send me an e-mail if you can with your ideas for camouflage. thx
 02/27/2011 08:17 AM

Author Icon
fazy_lucks
Regular Poster

So what's your reasons for saying HIS is the best for this? I agree from what I've seen and read but want to try and ind out more. I'd like to know more facts like how common it is for men to do this. I'd really like Artistry to be legit because of how convenient it would b for me. But I get bad feelings from them too. Maybe more research, photos, and info I'll feel different.
 02/28/2011 01:09 AM

Author Icon
VinDieselWannabe
Accomplished Poster

It seems that some of these clinics would be able to micropigment the scar in 1 sitting, while others need you to come back at least 2 more times. So which one is it? Why would some require only 1 sitting while others would need you to come for more touchups?

-------------------------
0.5mg Avodart daily
Rogaine once a day before bed
Nizoral or Ketoconazole shampoo daily
1 Biotin tablet daily
------------------
 02/28/2011 01:14 AM

Author Icon
ORP967
Prolific Poster

Since it's just a small area wouldn't BHT into the scar (i.e. having real hair that can grow a bit) be the best way to camouflage it?

If you're iffy about BHT than a test patch first. If I had an HT scar I would do that before MP.

Has been discussed in VDW's thread.
 02/28/2011 06:24 PM

Author Icon
morobento
Prolific Poster

fue doesnt help if you plan to wear you hair short, plus it creates more scars.

vin, how is your tattoo going? did it work?
HIS also does a touchup two weeks after the first visit, I think thats something normal for this kind of procedure.
 03/01/2011 04:29 AM

Author Icon
wantmyshavedheadback!
Regular Poster

I am seriously thinking about doing this too now! I come back to the UK in 2 months - by which time my 200 beard FUE into scar will be nicely healed.

I really hope this could be the answer! I love the ZMAN pics. That is proof tat it really can work well! I was wondering if his might had looked better if he had had FRAXEL before he had the tattoo work done? Might had made his skin on the scar a better texture / colour.

I'm really happy about the prospect of this tattoo idea working though!

We really do need to see some pictures of what it looks like 2 years later though. It would be nice if they showed that on the site. If they don't - shouldn't we be asking why? Or has the years of torment from this damn hairloss and the industry we turned to for help, made me too paranoid? haha ^___^

Got my shaved head back!
 03/01/2011 05:59 AM

Author Icon
DHTassassin
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: wantmyshavedheadback!

I am seriously thinking about doing this too now! I come back to the UK in 2 months - by which time my 200 beard FUE into scar will be nicely healed.

I really hope this could be the answer! I love the ZMAN pics. That is proof tat it really can work well! I was wondering if his might had looked better if he had had FRAXEL before he had the tattoo work done? Might had made his skin on the scar a better texture / colour.

I'm really happy about the prospect of this tattoo idea working though!

We really do need to see some pictures of what it looks like 2 years later though. It would be nice if they showed that on the site. If they don't - shouldn't we be asking why? Or has the years of torment from this damn hairloss and the industry we turned to for help, made me too paranoid? haha ^___^

It's pretty strange that I haven't managed to meet one person who has ever had one of these tattooing procedures done.

I hope a recipient of the work from Hishair or Artistry Concepts reads this, because I am willing to pay them a small fee in order to meet up with them to just see their results in person.

*ALSO*

I have spoken to the folks at Artistry Concepts before and they were pretty honest in their capabilities (Which I appreciated immensely). They said that while they can provide you with their services, there is no guarantee that as a HT recipient, you won't have to come back for a touch up both in the scar region and also on the top of your head (recipient region).

If the folks at Artistry Concepts could guarantee that their pigment would at the very least last 1-2 years before needing a touch-up, I would be on a plane heading down there for a little work.

DHT

03/01/2011 05:33 PM

Author Icon
fazy_lucks
Regular Poster

sadly there have been several in this site and others who claim to have had it done, but none (other then zman) who have really been willing to show pics. Always say they will and never do. One thread even got shut down because it went on for so long with promises and no one ever produced a single photo. That makes it very suspicious to me, and wanted to point that out. You can search for these threads. That being said, people are obviously doing it, so maybe it's got to be viewable some how. I do like that it at least seems like HIS will help you see someone with it first. I do still hope it can be a good route to go.

And FYI, I've heard lasers like fraxel can make it harder for the pigment to take. So I'd look into that first if this is something you do want done.
 03/01/2011 07:56 PM

Author Icon
wantmyshavedheadback!
Regular Poster

Hey, thanks for the heads-up on laser treatments interfering with tattoos.

Well, they help us meet them - but why are people so reluctant to show their results a few months / years down the line.

The last thing we would want is to get it done, and end up back in this forum looking for ways to repair big blue / green blobs on our heads. Maybe we could arrange to meet one of the guys who have had it done, through the HISHAIR forum - and ask to take photos???

Either 1) the people who have this done have just moved on and happy, and no longer come to forums like this.
Or 2) they are messed up and don't want to show their messed up heads??? Wouldn't they end up back in foums like this, warning people?

Let's really find out the truth about this!

Got my shaved head back!
 03/02/2011 03:02 AM

Author Icon
wantmyshavedheadback!
Regular Poster

Ok. I got a quote from HIS in the UK for covering my scar. £300 per session and they said I would need 3 sessions. So £900 to cover my scar. They say you can go into the sun if you use some good UV protection, but best avoided.

Got my shaved head back!

Edited: 04/17/2011 at 04:09 PM by wantmyshavedheadback!
 03/02/2011 04:08 AM

Author Icon
AlexanderHartigan
Regular Poster

Just my opinion here. I also considered this, but to be honest it seems too "experimental". I am goong with BHT into scar just for the reasons someone else mentioned. I dont want to create any more scarring on the head and I would like to have some stubble or cut down to a 1 or 0 guard. The FUE into the scar should not really create much if any scarring. And if there was some uneveness in the skin and later you wanted to shave with razor, you could get laser on it. Too much risk right now I think for making it look worse. The whole point to fixin this crap is so I no longer have restrictions on my life and I feel confident and can do what I want. It would suck to have this fixed and then still feel like if I go on vacation I would still have to wear hat all the time and couldnt swim. Just my thoughts.
 03/02/2011 04:45 AM

Author Icon
wantmyshavedheadback!
Regular Poster

I was just thinking out loud on the above posts btw ^___^ just my opinions and thoughts on the matter too.

AlexanderHartigan* I think I might just keep my hopes in the FUE direction to fix this too. That way after it's all done, you can fraxel it to finish it off, like a fine french polish finish hehe. I had 200 beard into my scar already 2 weeks ago. This is the first step - but it's done now! Now just wait 50 more weeks until my next session of FUE into scar long long process, but I have high hopes in 2 years, I will try and forget it all!

My beard has fully recovered without a mark after 200 FUE! Just got some dry skin in that area now, nothing serious I really liked the doc's work so am also thinking of having a few FUE to fill out my crown a bit to help with the shaved look later - I will just wait and see how these first 200 take to my scar first though.

Got my shaved head back!
 03/02/2011 07:03 AM

Author Icon
AlexanderHartigan
Regular Poster

Can you tell me who doc is or PM me if you dont feel comfortable posting?
 03/02/2011 04:20 PM

Author Icon
morobento
Prolific Poster

-

Edited: 03/02/2011 at 04:32 PM by morobento
 03/02/2011 04:20 PM

Author Icon
morobento
Prolific Poster

-

Edited: 03/02/2011 at 04:32 PM by morobento
Hair Loss Help » Hair Transplant Repair » Scar Camouflage Tattoo (The truth)

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
36320 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 198 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 198 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc