hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Scar grafting
Topic Summary: How many grafts did it take to cover your strip scar(s)?
Created On: 11/01/2016 10:19 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/03/2016 09:46 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
backnats1
Occasional Poster

Thanks Aztec.
 01/21/2017 08:43 PM

Author Icon
backnats1
Occasional Poster

It's been 4 months since the procedure. I tried to experiment with shorter hairstyles to see how the scarring is looking back there. The scarring was visible in some patches but overall I definitely think it's improved. I'm now keeping my hair at about 1 inch in the back so I'm nowhere near a buzz cut but I'm hoping that more growth is to come which help me to experiment some more with lower cuts in the months ahead. In 2 more months I will reach my 6 month mark. Can't believe it.
 03/25/2017 10:41 AM

Author Icon
backnats1
Occasional Poster

I'm at 6 months from the procedure. The scars on my head are filling up nicely - better than I thought or hoped. I wanted to get an appt with the doctor's office to get a follow-up at the 6 month mark but they said they usually do that at the one year mark to a get a full assessment since there might be more grafts that will grow between 6 months to the 1 year mark. I'm really happy/blessed by what I see so far and hope that more growth continues in the months ahead.

My hair is consistently shorter & more manageable than before since the scars are more concealed with hair in them now. Before I would cut my hair and let it grow out. I thought I would have to keep a longer hair style, but that is not the case anymore. The longer hairstyle was much more difficult to manage & looked less than pleasing to the eyes in both the front, side, and back view. I am quite pleased to move in the direction with styles that is more fitting for me.

In 6 months time, I will hopefully have that follow-up & they can take pictures. They also have my before pictures so I hope to post a before/after comparisons. Right now, my hair is not short enough to see what's going on. I don't know if I'll plan on shaving my head for the pics - unless of course I get another procedure.

Happy growth & healing to you all.
Hair Loss Help » Hair Transplant Repair » Scar grafting

<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Topic Tools Topic Tools
Statistics
36227 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 190 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 190 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc