hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Gary Numan - talking about transplants
Topic Summary:
Created On: 12/04/2008 09:00 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 12/04/2008 09:00 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
takingaction
Accomplished Poster

You're cool if you know what TV special to which I refer. I was watching it and was surprised to hear Gary Numan singled out for having a hair transplant. I looked it up the next day and found an article.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs...usive-89520-20351087/

I don't have any close-up pics. It looks like he has a mop, but he's happy with it, even though it probably isn't great by HT standards. Read the article - it's also interesting because it mentions he has Asperger's. So a celebrity probably has to be strange to admit he's had a transplant

-------------------------
"Maybe it's because I'm older and wiser, but I just cannot understand why some people are so reckless with their health."
 12/04/2008 06:11 PM

Author Icon
wylie
Prolific Poster

Had a transplant in 1983 and 1993? Egads, he must have not lost much hair since then, or he looks like sh*t.

In the 80's, doctors routinely sent their patients home with 5 mm plugs in rows across their head and told them they would be looking great in no time. Don't believe someone because they have 'Dr.' in front of their name. Greed can make anyone lie.
 12/04/2008 06:31 PM

Author Icon
hairisforsquares
Prolific Poster

Gary Numan's hair wasn't all that great in the early 80's then it got better later on so i assumed it was a wig. Still think it is cause it's very thick and low on his forehead. But really ho cares? He looks great and i don't think guys should be mocked for wearing a hairpiece.

If he had a transplat in 83 and another in 93 then we all know his results suck and that it ws large punches. Sucks....
 08/08/2010 01:42 PM

Author Icon
mintyfresh
Accomplished Poster

Gary Numan obviously wears a full wig, I can't help thinking it would look better if it wasn't so unnaturally thick all over and so low on his forehead, but he's obviously happy with it and it's a solution for him, so it's all good
 08/09/2010 01:03 PM

Author Icon
garageland
Accomplished Poster

As minty says Gary Numan has been wearing a wig for a long time I remember an interview in Smash Hits in 1983 where he talks about the transplant which was the old plug surgery and how painful it was, if he is happy with a wig then good for him.

I am a patient representative for Hasson & Wong. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Free Consultations in Central Dublin Saturday November 29th.

www.hassonandwong.co.uk
david@hassonandwong.com
Statistics
32368 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 11 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 1144 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1155 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc