hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: What Daily Shampoo do you use???
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/17/2008 05:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/17/2008 05:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Hair_Tastic
Regular Poster

Hey everyone, I'm curious to see what kind of shampoo everyone uses who have had ht surgery's, more in the line of daily shampoo's and conditioners not NIZORAL or those speciality products....so far I've tried Treseme Shampoo + Conditioner which is ok but leaves my bangs curly...and also Pantine Pro-v thickening shampoo + conditioner which I didnt really like....I do use Nizoral 2 x a month...but love to hear what everyone else uses since I want to try a new shampoo + conditioner
 11/18/2008 12:50 PM

Author Icon
Gillenator
Accomplished Poster

Have you heard of a conditioning shampoo called Tricomin? It contains a triamino copper nutritional complex which they say is delivered to the dermal papilla. I use it myself and it can be purchased online.

-------------------------
Gillenator
more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a doctor; my opinions are not medical advice. Contributing Physicians: Dr. Glenn Charles, Dr. Jim Harris, Drs. Bob True & Bob Dorin
 11/18/2008 10:21 PM

Author Icon
biscuit
Accomplished Poster

I've used Jason Biotin shampoo for a couple of years. Works great for me, very mild and no bad stuff in it.

http://www.vitacost.com/Jason-...csrc=NTDC-078522070054
 11/19/2008 04:07 AM

Author Icon
2Sar
Regular Poster

Johnson Baby Shampoo
 11/19/2008 02:33 PM

Author Icon
Hair_Tastic
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: biscuit I've used Jason Biotin shampoo for a couple of years. Works great for me, very mild and no bad stuff in it. [L=">[L=http://www.vitacost.com/Jason-...csrc=NTDC-078522070054]http://www.vitacost.com/Jason-Natural-Biotin-Shampoo?csrc=NTDC-078522070054
Thanks for the replys guys, You got me curious about that shampoo Biscuit...Will Def. Try that shampoo...do you also recomend the conditioner too?? and do use that shampoo daily.... P.S On the baby shampoo...I noticed alot of Armani HT patients go that route with the baby shampoo.... Well I just went ahead and ordered 2 bottles of Shampoo + conditioner from that link Biscuit...I read the reviews and everyone seemed to love it...thanks for the link much appreciated.....

Edited: 11/19/2008 at 02:49 PM by Hair_Tastic
 11/19/2008 07:19 PM

Author Icon
MoHair4Me
Accomplished Poster

My favorite by far is American Crew Daily Moisturizing Shampoo and American Crew Moisturizing Conditioner. You'll like them.
 11/19/2008 07:43 PM

Author Icon
Sofarsogood
Accomplished Poster

My 2 cents about shampoo...

I've used every shampoo under the sun but my favorite is Nexxus Therappe Moisturizing Shampoo and Nexxus Humetrics conditioner. But everyone's hair type and preference is different.

For my hairtype, conditioner is more important than shampoo. Shampooing daily leaves my hair very dry and brittle. I simply can't shampoo without conditioner or my hair feels like straw and breaks easily. I shampoo every few days at most and use no hairdryers but condition everyday (or use leave-in conditioner).

Very few women I know shampoo daily because of the dryness. There is something to letting your natural oils do their thing, IMO. Now, if your hair gets greasy, shampoo becomes necessary.

As a side note, after many, many years of thinking the hairdryer was making my thinning hair look "fuller", the woman who cuts my hair insisted I put it down. Sure enough, my hair is much healthier sans the hairdryer. If you are totally dependent on the hairdryer, use the cool setting only, IMO.

Try the shampoos mentioned here and a few more to see what works best for you.
Since no shampoo seems to grow hair, it's all subjective. Pick the type that lathers as you like it, smells good and leaves your hair feeling best.

That's all we can do.

-------------------------
Veteran HT patient. 16 strips since 1992 at PMI, Los Angeles (now Ziering Medical).
1000 graft BHT hairline repair with Dr. Umar 2005.
Full-face video documentation of my repair:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNEZb42ZrYs

Edited: 11/19/2008 at 08:33 PM by Sofarsogood
 11/19/2008 09:31 PM

Author Icon
biscuit
Accomplished Poster

I shampoo daily, but I only use a small amount of the shampoo, then rinse thoroughly. I don't use conditioner, just towel dry and comb it, nothing else.

Did you see the ingredient list?

Aqua (Purified Water), Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Panax Ginseng (Ginseng) Root Extract, Sodium Myreth Sulfate, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract, Cocamide MEA, Biotin, Panthenol (Vit. B5), Panthenyl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Gel, Natural Tocopherol (Vit. E), Glycol Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vit. C), Lavendula Intermedia Leaf/Flower/Stem Extract, Decyl Glucoside, Retinyl Palmitate (Vit. A), Triticum Vulgare (Hydrolyzed Wheat) Protein, Cyclopentasiloxane and Dimethicone, Vegetable Glycerin, Benzyl Alcohol, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Natural Menthol, Fragrance Oil Blend.

Certified Organic

Free of Lauryl/Laureth Sulfates, animal by-products, or parabens.

11/19/2008 09:35 PM

Author Icon
Hair_Tastic
Regular Poster

Yeah I looked at Nexxus a couple of times but they have so many different types of shampoo I didnt bother...but will deff. take a look at it in the future of the ones mentioned above...I feel you about the hair being dry...I am currently letting my bangs grow out and its preety weird the tips of my bangs tend to curl left and right on each side instead of straight down.....P.S BISCUIT The ingredient's were preety awsome...seem like a multi-v but for hair hahaha....you cant go wrong with no chemicals ...
Statistics
31841 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 901 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 906 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc