hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: FUE POST OP QUESTION
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/24/2008 04:06 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/24/2008 04:06 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Tstorme

After a FUE procedure what is the post op like? I read some guys say they were back at work in 2 days, others said they had to take 2 weeks off because it was just so noticable. Can you wear a hat directly after the procedure? I mean I am going to look pretty funny walking through an airport with a bandage on my head and a swollen face and all this red dots on my head. Any information would be great. Thanks

can we please find a cure..... this is just ridiculous...
 08/24/2008 08:56 PM

Author Icon
SDS1977
Regular Poster

I wouldn't advise going back to work in 2 days, take a couple weeks off if you can. I took 3 weeks off and I'm thankful that I did. I flew back 4 days after my procedure, and i freaked out about the airport as well. I decided to wear a hat on the plane ride to cover things up, so I bought a hat BEFORE I flew to LA. Pick one that is very very loose fitting, adjustable would be preferrable. Also, you don't want the hat to rest on any areas where you had "work" done, so choose wisely

Now, don't put the hat straight on your head because if it rubs on your grafts it might pull them out. I used gauze to create a very light bandage around my head that would prevent the hat from rubbing any of my grafts. Then very very gently slide the hat on your head. Be very very careful putting the bandage on and taking it off, as you do not want to risk pulling a graft out.

I definitely wouldn't do this immediately after your surgery, the more days you can wait after your surgery before travelling the more likely your grafts will be secured.

-------------------------
Sean

Armani - 4,181 FUE - 2008
 08/25/2008 12:02 AM

Author Icon
TheTKDKid
Accomplished Poster

I have had several procedures done, and always came back through the airport commando (no hat). I figured that it was unlikely that I would see my fellow travellers again, so who cares what they were thinking.

I have always returned to work within 10 days, and never once got a question or strange look. Fortunately for me, I heal quickly, so your experience may be different.

No mission plan survives the first bullet.

Email courage: The uncanny ability to act with unabashed bravado while composing an
email, yet to be completely devoid of any backbone when dealing with the recipient(s) face to face.
 08/25/2008 08:12 AM

Author Icon
Pats205
Accomplished Poster

For both procedures that I had I took one week off and was ok. I would not wear a hat on your flight back, number one priority right after should be the care of your head. What the people at the airport thought matters little years after you have had your procedure. Do the best thing for your result.

08/25/2008 08:18 AM

Author Icon
Jaguar
Accomplished Poster

You can also wear a light fitting bandana. I did this and had no problem with the yield!

Jaguar (AKA Franklin on other forums)
Statistics
32069 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 11 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 865 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 876 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc