hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: scar stretching
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/30/2004 01:19 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/02/2004 10:03 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
poet
Accomplished Poster

I think at one point it will stop stretching. I'm sure there are a variety of factors but I think the primary reason the scar stretches is there isn't enough laxity and the skin continues to compensate (stretch) until there is enough for the proper movement of the head and neck without continual tension. Mine stretched over a period of about 6 months then stopped. The pain and hypersensitivity in some areas, numbness in others continues to this day. My doctor took an excessive portion of skin along the left side of my head and sutured it up with dissolveable stitches.
 05/02/2004 11:25 AM

Author Icon
backnats
Accomplished Poster

Poet, do you think the dissovable sutures work well? I see that NHI is recommending either monocryl dissovable sutures or staples as the prefered methods of closure which leaves fine scars.
 11/24/2016 09:09 AM

Author Icon
BerowskaIlona

I have a lot of scars from stretching the skin on the chest and hips. Previously, I did not help any cream. From this cream I was not expecting a miracle. But after using dermalmd scar treatment serum for two weeks, the traces of scars become lighter. They have not disappeared completely, but I use a cream is not so long. I hope that my stretch marks will not be as noticeable as before.
Statistics
35907 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 376 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 377 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc