hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: SamsonUK case, 3145 grafts - photos
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/23/2004 03:35 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/23/2004 03:35 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
akonsta
Prolific Poster

Here is the complete case of Samson, with before and after photos. You can view his case in the dhi website here

Before photos

photo 1
photo 2
photo 3

After the first part of the procedure:

photo 1
photo 2
photo 3

Macro photos of the donor and the recipient area:

photo 1
photo 2
photo 3
photo 4

Photos after the procedure (final):

photo 1
photo 2
photo 3
photo 4
photo 5
photo 6
photo 7
photo 8

The extraction sites were from 0.5 to 0.8mm. The density in the frontal hair lines is 91 grafts/cm2 and in the rest of the recipient area is around 55 grafts/cm2.

Thank you.
 04/23/2004 04:28 AM

Author Icon
spex
Accomplished Poster

remarkable! excellent work, very interested to see samsonuk in 6-9 months! good growth samsonuk!!!!

great work dhi!

-------------------------
I am a representative for Dr Scott Alexander Phoenix Arizona.

Webpage: http://www.biltmorehairrestoration.com

All opinions expressed are my own.

Email :
 04/23/2004 05:01 AM

Author Icon
TomOmasta
Accomplished Poster

I am getting more and more impressed with DHI... This is excellant placement and the the photos look great... This guy could keep his hair short like this, and would no longer look like he is balding compliments of these FUE donor sites.. Excellant work DHI! It takes alot to impress me anymore
 04/23/2004 05:05 AM

Author Icon
akonsta
Prolific Poster

I just received some more photos. They are coming ahead.
Have to mention also, that the whole placement was done exclusively with the Dhi implanter.
 04/23/2004 05:26 AM

Author Icon
akonsta
Prolific Poster

Here they are:

photo 1
photo 2
photo 3
photo 4
photo 5

Thank you.
 04/23/2004 05:49 AM

Author Icon
SamsonUK
Accomplished Poster

My Dear Hairlosshelp friends !

I am still amazed at my transformation and have many people to thank including The DHI team, Farrel and David for their excellent websites that enabled me to research the right option for me.

I just came back form Athens yesterday and i will be adding my own pictures and detailed account of the whole procedure.

I am so emotional and ecstatically happy that im lost for words. Dont worry any questions ,picture angle's you want as my result develops just ask and i will do all i can to help anyone. I always tell it like it is as some of you who know me realise and my result is exciting not just for me but many future candidates and i will help out in any way i can.

Give me few days to get my stuff together and i will update as in the meantime i have to return many of the calls from different parts of the world from all you guys (man my phone bill )

04/23/2004 06:30 AM

Author Icon
NotBald
Accomplished Poster

some how i love threads started by akonsta.
 04/23/2004 06:31 AM

Author Icon
bverotti
Accomplished Poster

He Samson,
Looks really really good. As far as I can tell both extraction and placement is top work. I am pretty sure this is gonna have a major impact on your looks in about 6 months from now.
Please keep us up to date with the progress because you are a real interesting case to follow.

Are you planning to go for a 2nd session ? I am asking because from the pics it looked like you left some of the top untouched.

BV
 04/23/2004 07:45 AM

Author Icon
SamsonUK
Accomplished Poster

Hi Bverotti

I must say thank you firstly to your excellent website and display of your FUE results as it has been inavaluable to myself and others in enabling accurate information regarding FUE. I shall attempt something similar in documenting results on a regular basis.

I allowed the whole head to be shaved to help the Doctors however they liked and the crown actually has ok coverage that has got better after i started Proscar 6 months ago.As a result that area did not need to be touched much and we just planted a few 3 haired grafts in to that crown area.

In a few days when the hair cut for surgery blends in you will be able to see what i mean.

My Donor hair quality and availability was very good and i have easily 3000 grafts available for future work as in some areas my natural hair density is 110 grafts per Sq/CM.

If in the future if wanted to fill in the crown a little more Dr Zontos said 200-300 grafts would cover it if the Proscar did not help stabilise the area as much as i desired but he advised that according to my requirements it would not be necessary at the moment.

I personally agree with that assesment also as it will actually make the end result look totally natural as i age also .But as you know Bverotti this FUE can get addictive once you get it done !!!
 04/23/2004 07:55 AM

Author Icon
spex
Accomplished Poster

from the photos samson your hairline is going to look fantastic, they've done a great job in creating it .. very pleased for you buddy. make sure you keep us informed, but for now rest up and let your head heal, keep it out this sun we are have over here in the uk.
if i can give any advise to you it is be very very patient!!! good luck!!
regards
specs

I am a representative for Dr Scott Alexander Phoenix Arizona.

Webpage: http://www.biltmorehairrestoration.com

All opinions expressed are my own.

Email :
 04/23/2004 08:35 AM

Author Icon
NewHair
Regular Poster

Akonsta,

Results look good.

I do have a question.  Do you have pictures of  FUE patients from DHI with hair fully grown in?  So far I have just seen pictures of patients just after the surgery.

Thanks.
 04/23/2004 09:05 AM

Author Icon
kiddermunster
Regular Poster

Awesome Samson. Ecstatic for you. You are a handsome chap. Look out chicks...You are going to look & feel like a new man. Well done!
 04/23/2004 09:13 AM

Author Icon
uknoobie
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: akonsta
The extraction sites were from 0.5 to 0.8mm. The density in the frontal hair lines is 91 grafts/cm2 and in the rest of the recipient area is around 55 grafts/cm2.

Soooo pleased for ya Samson! I know how much this HT means to you. Dr Zondos & DHI are pushing the envelope with every case. 0,5 & 0,8 size extraction needles & 91 grafts/cm2. Fanatastic stuff! I know some some people question that Dr Zondoz has only been a HT surgeon since last June I believe, but who cares, the guy just seems to have been blessed with a natural born talent.

Edited: 04/23/2004 at 09:15 AM by uknoobie
 04/23/2004 09:46 AM

Author Icon
Chris Clark
Prolific Poster

I think this patient has shown us that Dr. Cole and Forhair are full of B.S. when they criticize the DHI implanter. Samson's results have shown us that absolutely stellar results can be achieved with the DHI implanter.

Samson: congratulations man. Your work is unbelievably awesome and some of the best I have ever seen. Your extraction looks perfect, your hair angles look perfect, your healing looks really good so far.

However, I do question one comment from akonsta.

The density in the frontal hair lines is 91 grafts/cm2 and in the rest of the recipient area is around 55 grafts/cm2.
After all I've read about the difficulty of dense packing such a high density I find this a little hard to believe. Giving the benefit of the doubt for a moment and assuming the 91 grafts claim is accurate I must say it's hard to see the difference between the 55 grafts/cm2 area and the 91 grafts /cm2 area. So it seems to me dense packing of 91 doesn't offer much of a cosmetic benefit for Samson. Maybe it will once it grows. Who knows.

Now I must say I'm a little skeptical of this claim. Akonsta: will you post side by side macro photos of the 91 grafts/cm2 area and the 55 grafts/cm2 area and tell us the dimensions of the macro photo so we can see the density?
 04/23/2004 10:05 AM

Author Icon
NotBald
Accomplished Poster

there was similar claim for lee abt 80+ g/cm2 but then on dhi website it was stated as around 65grafts/cm2.

peter mac has cited several times that his hair piece was arnd 60g/cm2 and looked as good as original hair. why waste grafts when they cud be needed in future.

i agree that cole/feller discarding the dhi implanter has been made to look pretty foolish but i wanna wait n see the growth frm these patients. but the documentation from dhi has been so clear n precise that i have no doubt they will be posting regular progress.

good job DHI! way to go!
 04/23/2004 10:10 AM

Author Icon
jethro
Occasional Poster

04/23/2004 10:23 AM

Author Icon
jethro
Occasional Poster

His immediate postop results look good --- regarding the density claim --- I can literally count a gross 1 cm2 area and it is NO where near 91 grafts!!!

I think the hype over smaller and smaller extraction tools (0.5 to 0.75) is unnecessary and may in fact lead to poorer graft take, ie more likely to injure the follicular organ (supporting tissue) with smaller tools all in spite of having a donor area that may look better on postop day one but NO better at post op day 7 compared to a 1.0mm tool.

One needs to keep in mind that this type work is follicular transplant -- not hair stubble transplant.

Finally, I hope he has a wonderful result, though my questions and concerns with this new UNTESTED (longterm) technique of dense packing while taking smaller and smaller follicular support tissue with each graft will be answered only with time.

good luck
 04/23/2004 10:57 AM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

Thanks for the pictures Akonsta, once again the work appears to be very very good.

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
 04/23/2004 11:13 AM

Author Icon
uknoobie
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: jethro
I think the hype over smaller and smaller extraction tools (0.5 to 0.75) is unnecessary and may in fact lead to poorer graft take, ie more likely to injure the follicular organ (supporting tissue) with smaller tools all in spite of having a donor area that may look better on postop day one but NO better at post op day 7 compared to a 1.0mm tool.One needs to keep in mind that this type work is follicular transplant -- not hair stubble transplant.
Finally, I hope he has a wonderful result, though my questions and concerns with this new UNTESTED (longterm) technique of dense packing while taking smaller and smaller follicular support tissue with each graft will be answered only with time.

Dr Feller only said yesterday that he densely packed 1100 grafts into the hairline via FUE. Here's his quote, 'Implant density does not depend on whether I utilise strip or FUE. Since I further refine each & every FUE grafts under magnification, they are just as trim as those from strip surgery. You can't tell the difference'.
 04/23/2004 11:21 AM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

Everybody heals differently, I think the reality is the smaller the extraction tool the lower the probability of leaving a mark on any particular individual. I know Tom Omasta said that his 1.0mm extraction sites were detectable whereas his 0.75mm extraction sites were undetectable.

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
Statistics
36303 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 221 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 221 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc