hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: My 3800 FUE experience at DHI Athens
Topic Summary:
Created On: 04/14/2004 11:13 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 04/14/2004 11:13 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
MichaelNorthEurope
Occasional Poster

After three years of consideration and vast research of different methods and doctors, I finally decided to have hair transplantation procedure done! Over the years, hair loss forums have been of great help for me in order to learn about different alternatives and I hope that my experience can benefit others. I posted some before and after pictures at http://www.hairlosshelp.com/websites/galleryview.cfm?id=MichaelNorthEurope|gallery1.cfm if any of you would like to see.

Here is my story! I started by contacting several FUE transplantation doctors from all over the world (Australia, Canada, Sweden, Netherlands and Greece) for their estimation and opinion on my current hair loss case by sending in pictures and inquiries. After reviewing different alternatives based on doctor interviews and discussions, I decided that in my case DHI Athens had clearly the best combination of talent, price and service.

I few to Greece on 31.3. and received totally 3800 FUE grafts at DHI Athens clinic by Dr. Zontos. Operation took four days to complete and I stayed totally one week at the clinic. This was the first surgical experience in my life and I must say that everybody at DHI Athens had been most helpful, supportive and informative during all stages of my hair transplantation process. I was also very pleased to notice the good spirit and positive and caring corporate culture among their staff. I choose the surgeon, Dr. Zontos, based on the refrence patient pictures that were available on their site and on different forums. Now when my procedure has been done, I feel that I made the right choise. I am very impressed with the outstanding work and accuracey of the his grafts placement and full uncompromising attention he gave to me as a patient. I am very hopeful for the final results and can’t wait to see my grafts to grow.

I will soon write more on my FUE experience and hope to post more pictures each week on how things progress.

Edited: 04/14/2004 at 11:21 PM by MichaelNorthEurope
 04/15/2004 01:56 AM

Author Icon
norwegian
Accomplished Poster

Really really nice work!

Congrats Michael and DHI!
 04/15/2004 03:46 AM

Author Icon
kiddermunster
Regular Poster

Nice work. It will be interesting to see what 3800 looks like on this guy at the end. Good luck.
 04/15/2004 03:52 AM

Author Icon
bverotti
Accomplished Poster

I love the 1st picture ... 3800 transplants and no visible sign of work in the donor area. Way to go !

FUE is really speeding up and from what I have seen so far the quality of the extraction is outstanding. Needless to say that altough SOME people will get more grafts in a single session, MORE people will be able to get MORE grafts in a shorter time frame than strip surgery could ever offer them AND with far less risks and discomfort for the patient.

04/15/2004 04:20 AM

Author Icon
SamsonUK
Accomplished Poster

Hi Michael

Looking good

Im off to Athens in a few hours !!!!

I am looking forward to my procedure and i am very excited ,im one of the selected candidates for the free for inspection procedures.

I will update on my experience and results over the next few days.

Your pictures and account has given me a extra boost this morning

Good luck
 04/15/2004 04:39 AM

Author Icon
tindrum
Regular Poster

Hey Samson good luck!!!!

All the best with everything....you deserve it
 04/15/2004 04:53 AM

Author Icon
NYCman
Accomplished Poster

Now this is a procedure to get excited over..Placement looks great,density looks high enough for a very good result..DHI keeps pushing forward toward the ultimate HT, a HIGH DENSITY FUE HT..
 04/15/2004 05:12 AM

Author Icon
spex
Accomplished Poster

looks very good!! wish you all the best over the next few months.. be patient!
regards
specs

-------------------------
I am a representative for Dr Scott Alexander Phoenix Arizona.

Webpage: http://www.biltmorehairrestoration.com

All opinions expressed are my own.

Email :[email protected]
 04/15/2004 05:31 AM

Author Icon
norwegian
Accomplished Poster

NYCman

Agreed.
 04/15/2004 05:31 AM

Author Icon
norwegian
Accomplished Poster

NYCman

Agreed.
 04/15/2004 07:40 AM

Author Icon
TomOmasta
Accomplished Poster

WOW, utterly mazing! the donor area is incredible and the placement looks great! FUE is the NEW!!!! I just hope DHI works on getting the prices down
 04/15/2004 08:24 AM

Author Icon
jotronic
Accomplished Poster

Michael,
Good luck with your progress. Thanks for sharing the good photos. Everything looks good from here

SamsonUK,
Good luck with your procedure too. Keep us informed!

-------------------------
www.hassonandwong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca
 04/15/2004 01:46 PM

Author Icon
Ram
Regular Poster

Good luck Samson
Ram
 04/15/2004 06:52 PM

Author Icon
Juiceman
Accomplished Poster

Micheal,

The work sure looks promising. Good donor work as well. Best of luck to you in your progress.

Samson,

Hey buddy, Here's wishing the best for you on your upcoming procedures. Looking forward to checking out your work the next time I am in Europe.
 04/15/2004 07:19 PM

Author Icon
NewHair
Regular Poster

Michael,

How long after the surgery were these pictures taken? The low level of scabbing in the recipient and donnor area is amazing. Do you plan to post progress pictures?

Good luck over the next few months and congratualtions!
 04/15/2004 08:31 PM

Author Icon
pop
Regular Poster

While the wait contiunes for completed fue pics,
I applaud dhi for pushing technology forward.

Without their efforts, the only fue option would
be a few hundred grafts high up the forehead for an
exorbitant amount of money.

imo, whoever accepts those kinds of results are lowering
the bar, and slowing down progress.

04/15/2004 09:57 PM

Author Icon
acfava
Regular Poster

damnnnn that looks real good.
 04/15/2004 10:16 PM

Author Icon
Lucky Man
Prolific Poster

MichaelNorthEurope:

Looks fantastic. Congratulations to you and DHI. Thanks sharing your pictures.

04/15/2004 10:18 PM

Author Icon
MichaelNorthEurope
Occasional Poster

Hi NewHair,

The pictures were taken one week after the procedure. The donor area was very problem-free all the time. Dr. Zontos used 0,75 mm extraction tool so the wounds were very small and they closed up quite quickly. The next morning nurses washed my donor area and after a few days the very small crusts came off during the washing.

I can also tell a little bit about the surgery process. Usually the surgery started at the morning (10-11 am) and lasted until 01-03 am. We had two one hour breaks for lunch or snack and a few shorter breaks in between. There were three doctors working all the time; Dr. Zontos was in charge or grafts removal from the donor area, Dr. Joy was trimming the grafts under stereo microscope and later placing them to the DHI implanter device. Dr. Roland was assisting Dr. Joy. After that, Dr. Zontos made the lateral slits to the scalp and placed the grafts with DHI implanter to the recipient area. The latter part was most time consuming.

Every few minutes during the implantation procedure Dr. Zontos sprayed saline solution to keep the recipient area moist. After that, I was instructed to use a few sprays of saline to the recipient area every 1-2 hours to keep it moist (when awake).

I must say that the procedure itself was very painless; I only felt the local anesthesia a bit. After the procedure I took a painkiller and went to sleep at my room at the clinic. ¨

I plan to post pictures of how things are going every week. If you clink on "My website" icon on the left you can see more pictures and weekly updates.

Originally posted by: NewHair
Michael,

How long after the surgery were these pictures taken? The low level of scabbing in the recipient and donnor area is amazing. Do you plan to post progress pictures?

Good luck over the next few months and congratualtions!

04/15/2004 10:24 PM

Author Icon
MichaelNorthEurope
Occasional Poster

Thank you very much to all of you for positive comments and support! It really makes me glad to read your encouraging posts!

Please feel free to ask if you would like to ask about my procedure or anything else! If I can help at any way it makes me only happy! This forum has been of great information support for me for a long time and if I can be of any assistance for people considering hair transplantation with my experience, it only makes me happy!

Michael
Statistics
36127 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 335 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 335 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc