hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Looking for advice on hair transplant clinic
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/22/2018 01:07 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/22/2018 01:07 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Ghost Love Score
Regular Poster

Hi

I would like an opinion on where to go for my hair transplant. I am from Croatia, Europe and my budget is about 2500 euros. So far I've come across two clinics that seem alright

Maral clinic, Turkey http://www.maralhairklinik.com/
hair clinic hungary http://www.hairclinichungary.com/hair-transplant/

Both have about the same price. I've heard good stories about maral clinic in Turkey. On the other side, Hungary is neighbouring country and I could go there by car. Few hours travel time.

To Turkey I would have to go by plane. I love traveling by plane but I was wondering if I would have any trouble going in the plane with thousand little dots on my head. Do you guys buy a cheap wig and wear it or what? Some kind of hat?

I haven't decided on exact date to go, but I planned it in the next 6-9 months.
What are your opinions?
 06/08/2018 10:42 PM

Author Icon
wylie
Prolific Poster

My opinion is if you are even considering surgery in Hungary you have not done nearly enough research and could wind up getting butchered unless you get educated. You are going to let your finances dictate where you have someone alter your appearance for life? You got a lot to learn.

-------------------------
In the 80's, doctors routinely sent their patients home with 5 mm plugs in rows across their head and told them they would be looking great in no time. Don't believe someone because they have 'Dr.' in front of their name. Greed can make anyone lie.
 06/12/2018 08:14 AM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

I would like an opinion on where to go for my hair transplant. I am from Croatia, Europe and my budget is about 2500 euros.

Wylie is right - and my opinion is that you should go NOWHERE.

The truth is that HT's are a marginal procedure that few doctors (and their clinics) can do well - so 2500 Euros is just peanuts in this industry - for a start you are going to have to travel to get to a good doctor and that costs money. Going to a good doctor does not guarantee success, but it significantly raises the probability of success and of not being damaged. With only one head and one life that is kind of important !

You probably won't like what I am telling you - but the truth is often not popular...

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
 06/16/2018 01:49 PM

Author Icon
Ghost Love Score
Regular Poster

OK, but aren't doctors in Turkey known for good hair transplant results? I don't know how many bad results there are, but I've seen plenty of good results online.
 06/16/2018 04:25 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Ghost it's a business and much of what you see online is created by marketers. The fact that many of the Turkish clinics are quoting these very high numbers as far as available donor its a red flag. The majority of guys if they are lucky will have 5000 fu available and not 8,000-10,000 long term. Sure you can pull that many out of these young guys but in time their donor area will be become thin balding fly away hair. RED FLAG, RED FLAG, RED FLAG. History clearly shows these high numbers are a bald faced lie. And keep in mind most men suffering hairloss will lose 20,000 fu long term so 5,000 simply can't be used for low hairlines and temple points on young guys that is if you are ethical.

Same with these low hairline guys that are still trying to entice young boys with their portfolio of GQ hairlines. They are not sustainable long term and that too screams unethical clinic stay away. Take a look at doctors like Cole and Bernstein for example. Go look at their sites and the numbers. Why the big difference between them and Turkey. Because when you sell based on low cost it usually means you need to work on volume. It's the McDonalds of the hair transplant world so be very careful.

You are cutting out thousands of pieces of skin and moving them around into thousands of holes cut out at the front of your head. The room for error is zero and why so many have been disfigured.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 06/16/2018 05:28 PM

Author Icon
Ghost Love Score
Regular Poster

Well you certainly got me worried now.
Statistics
36291 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 228 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 229 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc