hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: My FUE With Dr Rahal - 2502 Grafts
Topic Summary: My Success Story
Created On: 05/15/2017 02:29 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/15/2017 02:29 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
mattj
Accomplished Poster

Anybody who has been on these forums for a long time might remember me. I was associated with Dr Rahal for many years as a patient and as a consultant. My procedure with Dr Rahal was in February 2013 and I had 2502 grafts in an FUE procedure.

Here is my initial thread detailing the experience. There are more photos there.

The next morning (more at link):

I experienced very quick growth, as I guessed I would as my hair (and nails) have always grown very fast. I had worn a hat for the first three months but even that was longer than necessary.

Photos (more at link):

I took some more at six months (with product):

At the time I had a lot (and I mean a lot) on my plate with regard to my personal life. I stopped working for Dr Rahal and dropped out of the forums. I know a lot of people at the time wondered where I went and I can't stress enough just how happy I am to answer questions. I'm not shy and you won't offend me.

Since that time, my life has improved dramatically. I now have a soon-to-be fiancé (shhh, she doesn't know yet!) and a young son who is currently 13 weeks old.

I've been keen to get back on the scene, so here I am and here are some photos I've taken recently. All within the last week.

Like I said, any questions are welcome.

-------------------------
I am a patient and representative for Dr Rahal
 05/15/2017 05:59 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Matt congratulations on the baby. Maybe you remember me

Do you feel having a child has changed you perspective on life and consequently how you would approach consulting young men regarding cosmetic ht surgery as this too is someone's child?

Have you had any subsequent procedures besides the one back in 2013?

Personally from observation I think many of those that work in the ht industry that don't have kids could be an issue of course not in all cases but I do think it matters. For example can you imagine someone injecting ink into your kids head and then he ends up with cancer. I don't say that to be provocative I just don't get some of what I see. Much of it seems to be very reckless to me. Of course I don't dwell on it but I can draw from my own experience. Why would some guy carve open my head at 23 and knowingly disfigure me................I really, really don't get it. I would treat a bug better than that yet many are okay drawing young men in with half truths.

The comedian CK Louis comes to mind and his quote on having kids.

I don't really remember what it was like before. Whatever I had going on was bullshit. It wasn't important. It's kind of a nice thing about being a dad. My identity is really about them now and what I can do for them, so it sort of takes the pressure off your own life.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 05/16/2017 02:18 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

My main question is if you had any additional procedures following that one procedure in 2013.

You can disregard the other stuff. I'm not trying to box you into a corner and maybe you can't answer which I would understand.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 05/18/2017 04:15 AM

Author Icon
mattj
Accomplished Poster

Hi Topcat. Thanks for the congrats! I'm actually glad you responded as I always enjoyed your input. You don't pull your punches and that keeps things interesting.

I haven't had any further procedures. I haven't needed any. You can see the improvement by month four; and the six month photos, while not super-clear, show that my procedure was a great success.

05/18/2017 07:06 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Thank you for the response Matt. Best wishes moving forward.

05/25/2017 05:31 AM

Author Icon
hungrylikethewolf
Accomplished Poster

Hey Matt, Congrats on your new son and soon to be bride. I don't know if you remember me but I conversed with you before in PM's about getting a transplant when you were working for Rahal. Still never pulled the trigger maybe because it is still not bad enough and I still don't want to shave my head ever. You were always very helpful and I am glad you are back. Too bad we don't have a PM system any more. Your hair transplant came out great. However, it looks like you might have slightly diffused more but I can't really tell for sure. Have you lost any ground since you had your procedure? Are you taking Propecia still and did you father the baby when on Propecia?
 05/30/2017 04:51 AM

Author Icon
mattj
Accomplished Poster

Hi, yeah I remember you. I tend to remember most people that I spoke to back then and I remember you especially as I am a a fan of Duran Duran. I always assumed your name was related to them. Am I right?

I'm active on the other main hairloss sites if you want to get in touch. I don't think I've lost any significant amount of hair over the past four years. I don't really think about my hair anymore. I stopped taking Finasteride years ago and there doesn't seem to have been any difference.

08/03/2017 01:07 PM

Author Icon
hairhope4ever
Regular Poster

Congratulations on the baby, and your hair looks great!

Best of luck going forward.

Happy Patient

Read about my positive hair transplant experiences here:
http://hairtransplanttestimonial.blogspot.com/
Statistics
36283 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 394 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 394 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc