hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Joe Buck reveals that hair plug addiction nearly cost him his career
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/15/2016 09:26 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/15/2016 09:26 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
takingaction
Accomplished Poster

http://www.si.com/tech-media/2...s-surgery-voice

I'm surprised that no one else posted it first. The story was all over the news. Also, the wording reveals an obvious, unfair bias against transplants. I believe he originally was having pluggy work done and maybe some subsequent procedures were to repair that; perhaps he'll describe that in the book.

-------------------------
"Maybe it's because I'm older and wiser, but I just cannot understand why some people are so reckless with their health."
 10/15/2016 12:08 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Takingaction thanks for posting I will definitely be ordering this book.

I think you will see more and more coming out of the woodwork describing their ht experiences and how it has affected their lives.

The scumbag marketers in the business are the real stain. They rely on attacking patients that speak too much truth and doctors that are a threat. There are a few good doctors and that's it. Anyone can put together a list and get paid. Then drop doctors when the shit hits the fan like nothing happened. Stay away from the marketers and strongly consider passing on a procedure and waiting for other advancements.

The marketers should go public and attack this guy too. Tell him he is a liar. I love this quote below it speaks volumes and don't be fooled many ht patients share this experience. Most that are young and considering the procedure don't understand that when it does not go well or the result is not as expected shame keeps you in a box and the marketers that rely on selling less that that what the very few at the top offer know this and that is how they are able to keep running their mouths year after year. I find what they do perverted in many ways.

What surprises me is after everything he went through he would consider hair transplantation again many would not make that same choice. Personally knowing what I know now I might consider it after 40 but only if I could get myself to travel. Travel can be a stumbling block for most so if I couldn't get past it I would not have a procedure. No way.........no how. What's nice is as you get older the shame goes away. I can sit at the dinner table and tell others what happened to me. I can also tell them the good that came from it along with telling others of my experience. As Joe Buck states it's cathartic.

From the SI article:

"I didn't say it was an elective procedure to add hair to the front of my head. It was embarrassing. There's an embarrassing element to that. Any surgery done to improve one's looks is not really something someone wants to talk about. So it's very cathartic to get this out. There are a lot of people across the country, for as silly as this sounds, who obsess about hair loss."

SI Article

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 10/15/2016 at 02:21 PM by topcat
 10/16/2016 09:24 AM

Author Icon
takingaction
Accomplished Poster

Of course, of course, a rant against the industry.

Joe Buck's career likely would have been very limited without any hair transplants. My guess is he'd be a NW4+ by now.

And he needed several just to look decent.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/63/Joe_Buck.jpg/200px-Joe_Buck.jpg

It sounds like his regret is more about the rush to do it/frequency of work done/perfectionism. I think there is something about hair loss treatment, especially transplants, that fuels obsessiveness by intermittent reinforcement, like gambling. There's the opportunity for reward, but gains hardly last. And then someone ends up where Buck is now, with hair that can easily become too strange-looking without maintenance procedures.

"Maybe it's because I'm older and wiser, but I just cannot understand why some people are so reckless with their health."

Edited: 10/16/2016 at 09:31 AM by takingaction
 10/16/2016 12:03 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Takingaction how many hair transplant procedures have you had and when is your next maintenance procedure?

Two of the doctors I went to are published authors on hair transplantation. One of them used the janitor to place my grafts the other had a patient shoot himself in the chest but still kept offering his new technique until he lost the lawsuit. Two of the doctors worked on celebrities while another could be seen on the morning talk show circuit. Another doctor was heavily promoted on television, radio and magazines. Two of the doctors must have been at master level because they claimed to be the teachers of other doctors. One of them wrote a white paper on his new technique the one that caused the patient to shoot himself in the chest. Are you noticing a pattern? None of that matters now for me it's only an experience for me to pass on to others.

Yes have a hair transplant if the numbers make sense but marketing does not equate to skill and ethics in fact it's usually the opposite. Today we have websites with all types of endorsements and I can tell you it doesn't mean jack shit in fact it's a warning sign. Watch for patients and meet patients that do not work in the industry. If someone's claim to fame is that they have been endorsed by the intergalactic society of hair transplant masters then don't take it at it's face value watch and observe.

Many that work in the industry and work the forums are not honest but are very good at playing the part. I have been watching online alone for well over 15 years. Maybe you have different information..............good for you. That is what's great about an open forum, readers can take in all types of opinions then form their own as opposed to have it given to them by an expert.

As a ht patient and from listening to the experience of others I disagree 100% with the intermittent reenforcement gambling theory. Most are just trying to get back to normal. In fact if you look at most cosmetic surgery in general it's those that got caught in a trap where whatever they had done does not look right so the hole for many just gets deeper. It is very, very common.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 10/16/2016 at 02:22 PM by topcat
 10/17/2016 09:36 AM

Author Icon
takingaction
Accomplished Poster

The question sounds like an appeal-to-authority ploy. I made the decision years back not to post about any procedures of mine and unfortunately private messaging no longer is possible. (I have an account on IH, where I think it's allowed.) I will say that I've consulted about 5 doctors and made about 25 visits, but nothing in the bad old days when plugs were routine and the industry so inept and corrupt that staying away made sense for most. (Yeah, no sh*t, people should be careful and do research before a transplant or any other procedure.)

Also, I will assert that hair loss obsession is common, but I did not say that addiction (a related phenomenon) to hair transplants is common. Most people won't (and often cannot) take it that far. But Joe Buck (likely someone raised to be his absolute best in everything) speaks like he did. It's connected to hair greed. It occasionally happens with other kinds of cosmetic surgeries, where it is more dangerous.

Edited: 10/17/2016 at 10:57 AM by takingaction
 10/17/2016 02:39 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

No not an appeal to authority just curious. Let's just say that we both have experiences that can be passed on to others each different and each of value.

I thought I knew something when I was younger. Like the talk shows for example. Seeing the doctor on the show or hearing someone talking about a particular doctor would grab my attention. I was completely clueless that this was all part of marketing. Just get the doctors name out there on a program and people start to believe what they are seeing or hearing.

At some point I learned that these people are working together to create a narrative which benefits them financially and most of it is not necessarily truth. The nutritional supplement industry is 100 times worse.

Same goes for forums much of it is created by these same people. If you keep seeing it enough you are swayed in that direction. This is why patients have often been attacked and threatened on the forums when they are too truthful. One has to start asking the question why if someone is doing something honest do they feel the need to attack someone else's opinion some even making threats. But here is the thing it' a very clear sign of dishonesty and when forums participate it tells you that they are playing their part and one then needs to start questioning it all. A red flag should go up and passing on it all should be a consideration.

Most don't want to hear this because it's like saying Santa Claus is not real which I understand. It can be depressing to come to the realization this is how it all works. Doesn't mean a hair transplant can't be something positive just be careful because people in the industry can be very good liars. They do it every day, day in and day out. Now they are trying to create a sense of community as more learn what is going on. Personally I find much of what I have seen over the years very perverted. They are simply taking advantage of young guys without much knowledge or life experience and who often feel a sense of desperation. It's kind of creepy in many ways and I refer to it in my book as "Greyhounding"

Patients on the other hand if you were to meet them in person are not very good liars because for the most part it's not natural for them. You need to do it daily to become good at it. You can pick up very easily on body language when you are sitting with someone and listening to them providing they do not work in the industry So I would suggest trying to meet more patients. You are welcome in my home anytime and I think if you met me and we spoke you would understand what I'm about. But you see if you go by the industry advice they will laugh at this thought because the truth is they don't want patients speaking with each other in private so do it anyway.

In the past we didn't have the Internet but we did have the experts out there. For example I started reading fitness magazines when I was about 12 and eventually I found and issue of Muscle Builder now known as Muscle & Fitness. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and what was possible through exercise only problem is I didn't realize it was all fake meant to draw me in to buy supplements which were useless and if anything created gastric distress. But it was so easy to fall for it all at such a young age. You had the expert Joe Weider known as the "Trainer of Champions". Imagine that you are getting advice from the trainer of champions all for a few dollars only you are being programmed along the way and don't even know it. Then he became the "Master Blaster" holy shit Master Blaster now that catches your attention. So when he starts placing articles in his magazine you automatically believe it. If it's a hairloss guy well he must be good right............it's the "Master Blaster"...............guess what it's not. It's all about money so as long as you are aware that is the main point. Just be aware of how it all works. BTW one of the doctors in the magazine is the one that had the patient shoot himself in the chest. The simple remedy for the Master Blaster was not to mention him in the magazine any longer. Nice gesture on his part...........but what about the patients that thought the "Master Blaster" knew his stuff. If you want to really learn more about the bodybuilding/supplement industry which closely parallels the hair transplant industry the 3 volume 1500 page set of "Bodybuilding: Smoke and Mirrors" can be very helpful. But just keep in mind that some in the ht industry will laugh and ridicule the idea of reading a book after all they are the experts right............read one anyway who cares what they think.

BTW yes I agree with you hairloss obsession is very common most especially for young guys when they start to see handfuls of hair coming out of their head. It would freak most people out.

Suicide article

I one of the very few on the forums that can say a muskrat skinner placed my grafts...........it's easy to actually laugh about my own experience it's what these guys are doing today that kind of rubs me the wrong way.

The Muskrat Skinner

Edited: 10/17/2016 at 05:44 PM by topcat
 10/20/2016 03:58 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

BTW the doctor in the suicide article.........he was on a paid list too but then of course removed because that is part of how it works.

Those that put together paid lists are marketers and marketers are interested in making money and running their mouth. If one observes long enough they can see all this going on but the key is observing long enough.

Statistics
35685 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 702 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 702 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc