hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Look before you leap (corrective hair transplants - your views and queries)
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/22/2016 01:54 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/22/2016 01:54 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Dr. A's Clinic
Prolific Poster

Quoting Dr Arvind Poswal
---------------------------------------------------------------

Dear forum readers,

Each year we have had to do more corrective hair surgeries than before.

Increased patient awareness has helped to some extent, but the proliferation of inexperienced practitioners does confuse the prospective patient.

Following is an example... if you have questions or suggestions please do not hesitate.

This patient underwent a ?fue hair transplant somewhere else a few years ago and has been thinking of the various corrective options.

Pictures displayed were taken immediately before the corrective procedure performed by us.

BEFORE

-------------------------
I work for Dr. A's Clinic. My opinions need not be shared by Dr. Arvind Poswal
Dr. A's Clinic (Location - India: Delhi, Mumbai)
Ph:-(011)- 26274367, 41315125
Mob:-0987100606, 9810178062
Free online consult email -fusehair1@gmail.com,
www.fusehair.com
 08/24/2016 07:20 PM

Author Icon
gringoloco
Accomplished Poster

It's a shame that doctors are still being allowed to do this to patients. Unfortunately, some doctors have a advertising/public relations department that puts them on TV, youtube, medical magazines etc.. that misleads many patients. Furthermore, most patients do not do any research prior to a hair transplant. Many people like myself grew up being taught that we do not question the doctor, he is our friend and only has our best interest at heart. The hair transplant industry is so corrupt and unregulated. I myself have permanent nerve damage and permanent horrific disfiguring scarring due to this fact.

There are so many unqualified doctors doing things like this to patients and medical boards seriously need to do something! Maybe this is not the case in your country but here in the USA it is.

pluggy strip sugery lawrence shapiro

alan bauman double scarring and permanent nerve damage, no results from 3 surgeries http://www.flickr.com/photos/51211721@N03/

Feb 2014 2000 grafts Dr Umar
 08/28/2016 06:07 AM

Author Icon
pidda
Accomplished Poster

This is not news, many doctors are extremely unethical. Thanks Dr. A for making patients and potential patients more aware of what is really going on.

herp derp
 08/28/2016 06:28 AM

Author Icon
pidda
Accomplished Poster

My personal beef with the hair transplant industry does not target an individual doctor that I may or may not have had a not so satisfactory experience with. That would be unfair and fruitless because my personal frustration and perhaps anger has more to do with the hair transplant industry as a whole and how they treat patients, especially patients that have not had a hair transplant before. It would be a waste of my time to say "stay away from Dr. Random Person with a medical degree that is trying to get his/her foot in the door in the hair transplant game". This is why it is important for potential patients to research forums and study the procedure as much as possible instead of jumping the gun when it is already too late. With that said, I believe there are ethical, honest and talented (all three traits matter very much) doctors performing hair transplants out there. The guys around in the 80s and 90s that have had outdated surgeries I truly feel for.

herp derp
 08/31/2016 06:14 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Strip has been outdated for the last 15 years but people were still signing up. I guess someone convinced them it was a good idea. A procedure becomes outdated when it's stop producing revenue. Tattooing dot's on someone's head is outdated you just need to be talking about it in the future. It will officially be outdated when guys figure out this is sh*t too.

HT is a very limited procedure all one needs to do is understand the math long term. There are only a few surgeons that have the skill and ethics and figuring it out with all the noise coming from the marketers makes it difficult for most. Marketers are a red flag. They are story tellers and their stories change over time.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.

Edited: 08/31/2016 at 06:24 PM by topcat
 09/02/2016 05:00 PM

Author Icon
pidda
Accomplished Poster

I don't know how some of these staff workers at some of these clinics even live with themselves. Maybe once in a while they might say amongst themselves: "Oh wow I'm feeling sick, maybe we shouldn't have rushed this young guy into a surgery" but another staff member might refute by saying "well, he should have known it was a scam, it's not our fault. We can't babysit these stupid dumbass kids". So I suppose they somehow rationalize to themselves that as long as they get a paycheck and that there is an occasional happy patient that jumps on their marketing campaign, then it probably isn't an ethics issue so they forget about the other patients' lives they destroy in the process. When anyone rushes into a cosmetic surgery because of body dysmorphic disorder, it is usually just a recipe for disaster. A hair transplant can help people but as long as it is done in a way that actually benefits the patient.

herp derp
 09/02/2016 06:55 PM

Author Icon
gringoloco
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: pidda

I don't know how some of these staff workers at some of these clinics even live with themselves. Maybe once in a while they might say amongst themselves: "Oh wow I'm feeling sick, maybe we shouldn't have rushed this young guy into a surgery" but another staff member might refute by saying "well, he should have known it was a scam, it's not our fault. We can't babysit these stupid dumbass kids". So I suppose they somehow rationalize to themselves that as long as they get a paycheck and that there is an occasional happy patient that jumps on their marketing campaign, then it probably isn't an ethics issue so they forget about the other patients' lives they destroy in the process. When anyone rushes into a cosmetic surgery because of body dysmorphic disorder, it is usually just a recipe for disaster. A hair transplant can help people but as long as it is done in a way that actually benefits the patient.

Very well said

pluggy strip sugery lawrence shapiro

alan bauman double scarring and permanent nerve damage, no results from 3 surgeries http://www.flickr.com/photos/51211721@N03/

Feb 2014 2000 grafts Dr Umar
Statistics
35683 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 322 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 323 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc