hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Receding hairline, your opinion about my options
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/10/2016 08:38 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/10/2016 08:38 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
blekoius

Hello,

My hairline has been receding since 2007. (i am 32 and now)

(pls find enclosed photo before / and now).

I got a lot of comments about it that is doesn't looks good and personally doesn't like at all the look of it.

Seems the receding has stopped since one year and situation is stabilized.

I'd like to know what could be done to restore my hairline ?

Few doctors told me to go for a conservative approach of 1500 max graph to get more room for the future if needed.

Thanks for your answer and opinion.

B10.jpg
B10.jpg  (25 KB)
DSC_0058_JPG.png
DSC_0058_JPG.png  (483 KB)

07/10/2016 06:38 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Your hair looks great.

I think you should ask yourself why someone would make a comment about your hair........what's the motive because it doesn't make any sense.

Ask them if they care about the hair on your balls too. Maybe they can take a close look and give you an opinion on that too..............

Point being don't listen to idiots. Of course handle it nicely but anyone that makes this type of comment doesn't deserve nice.

-------------------------
Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 07/10/2016 06:39 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Your hair looks great.

I think you should ask yourself why someone would make a comment about your hair........what's the motive because it doesn't make any sense.

Ask them if they care about the hair on your balls too. Maybe they can take a close look and give you an opinion on that too..............

Point being don't listen to idiots. Of course handle it nicely but anyone that makes this type of comment doesn't deserve nice.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 07/11/2016 12:12 AM

Author Icon
blekoius

Thx you for your answer.

Well forget the comments about my hair Most important thing is i don't like my hairline i find it very ugly, it would be in my opinion the same as comparing tooth being not straight

I checked online and found out that many clinic are actually performing more than slight hairline restoration than stronger case of baldness, this is why i looked into this.

I contacted many clinic and one in belgium called BRH and they told me 1200 to 1600 graphs would be enough to restore a nice hairline.

what do you think of this assessment ?

thanks you
 07/12/2016 05:28 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

I would suggest understanding the mathematics of hair transplantation. Then as you consult with each doctor ask them to explain the numbers as they fit into a long term plan. In this way you accumulate more and more knowledge while also having the ability to cross reference all the information.

For example if I am going to be a Norwood 6 and let's say I lose 20,000 FU out of the 40,000 FU on my head. I decide I only want FUE and the available donor is let's say 4000 FU. How does one make that 4000 work? What makes sense long term if anything? Maybe with those numbers it simply does not make sense? Maybe the numbers are different long term and it does make sense but it needs to follow a specific plan. What is that plan? If 50% density needs to be placed how much area can be covered? What area should be covered? Gather all the numbers and plans. Do the math, do the math, do the math. What makes sense to you?

07/12/2016 08:30 AM

Author Icon
blekoius

i understand your logic of course.

the doctors i asked to all told me that as my density is pretty high it will not cause problem, they asked me about my history in the family genetic wise etc...

I have been told i have a lot of room for further implants in the crown and area if needed.
 07/12/2016 04:07 PM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

There is nothing wrong with your hair - but I already know that you're not going to listen because we've seen responses like yours so many times...

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
 07/13/2016 04:55 PM

Author Icon
Calvin 3.0
Accomplished Poster

The HT industry, in general, is very unethical. Even many docs on the "good list" are still only moderately ethical when it comes to long term planning. There are some good ethical docs but even those people end up with some amount of indirect pressure to "let grown men make their own choices (mistakes) in life."

That's the name of the game with HTs - long term planning. Getting a good lifetime result means you have to plan your very first HT around your hair situation that will emerge decades later. Predicting what that situation will be is MUCH harder to before the age of 27-30yo.

The HT docs have an incentive to sell you a procedure. We don't.

If I had your hairline right now I would leave it the hell alone. There is a lot of potential for you to end up dissatisfied just by the nature of what you are trying to match. HTs are much more satisfying (visually) for guys who have already thinned/receded more, and have lower expectations for density & perfection of the hairline.

I have no medical training but sometimes I
pretend to know what I'm talking about.
 07/14/2016 12:24 PM

Author Icon
blekoius

Hello All.

thx for your reply.

I enclosed some better photo of my situation so you can see before / after.
To be honest, if i don't restore the hairline i would probably shave my hair as i really dislike very much the look of it. I dont think on the previous photo you could see well the situation.

I asked many doctors in france and also therapy center who are not doing HT and they told me i was a good candidate this i why i am surprised by your answer.

However i have been told to avoid issue in the future than i would need to try PRP + try finasteride to keep things from moving.

Also a friend of mine who is 36 did an HT for the same case as me and he is very happy it and with Finasteride seems his hairloss completely stopped.

Ps : you would notice on the photo that the right side is receding more than left which make it even more ugly.

Thx for your comments.

hair95.jpg
hair95.jpg  (962 KB)

07/20/2016 06:58 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

If you can live with shaving your head which is an extremely popular look and in my opinion your skull size and shape is absolutely perfect for it go with it, it would be foolish not to in my opinion. At least give it a year.

If you decide that ht is your only option do the math on paper for yourself. Have the clinics explain the math to you. View as many NW6 patients in person as possible that have had full restorations so you fully understand what 25-30% density looks like and if you are going FUE only over a lifetime that density number can easily drop. You want to view NW6 patients to understand the extreme limitations of ht regardless of your hair loss level. Draw a area grid on paper of centimeter squares that total your ultimate hairloss pattern and allow for more than you think. Now how to you shade in the empty squares using 30% density or less while also working with a very limited number? What pattern takes form? It doesn't have to be a perfect exercise it's there to get you to think. As stated before do the math, do the math, do the math.

Personally I don't like the idea of using Finasteride over a lifetime but yes some guys are okay with it and they wouldn't change a thing, good for them. I believe by lowering your DHT levels you are feminizing the body as a trade off. The body takes on a softer appearance and I believe you lose that aggressive physical drive which is going to matter as you get older. But as I have stated just a personal opinion. Maybe I'm too much into health and performance. I enjoy competing in sports which require strength and stamina and I don't think that is possible with very low DHT. I don't want to end up like some of the guys you see on the beach or poolside having to wear a t-shirt, it's just not for me. In fact I go one step further and put in the effort to raise hens so that not only are the eggs I eat free of xenoestrogens they are free of phytoestrogens which cannot be purchased in any store anywhere that I know of as the majority of those hens are fed soy. Yes it's extra work but I believe in doing the work because it matter. I believe in leading a clean healthy lifestyle and being honest. It's also why I do not drink booze. I have been surrounded by many boozers in my lifetime but I never succumbed and chose to follow my own path. I don't expect others to do the same as me but booze is temptation which is a problem because one things lead to another and before you know it you are fiddling with the truth and think nothing of it.

I personally believe you have mentioned one of the best clinics in the world and I say this after watching this industry for 31 years now. But you don't have to rely on what I have to say. Just go back on some of the forums and read history. History will clearly tell you only a handful of doctors were offering FUE 10+ years ago because they were willing to sacrifice profits for doing the right thing. Only a handful were doing it and achieving superb results. Some tried but they just didn't have what was needed. The rest were not performing FUE and are now simply trying to catch up as the narrative has changed. So who are these doctors that were doing it 10+ years ago and have extensive bodies of work? Why don't the majority of them even get involved too much with the forums outside of posting their work which speaks for itself? Who were the doctors not offering FUE and why? These are only a few of the questions one needs to ask themselves in order to make a better decision.

History will clearly tell you the devastation in the hair transplant industry is not coming out of Belgium. It's indisputable because it's the truth so yes it should be on your list. Good luck to you.

What's nice about forums like this one that has been around for such a long, long time is that it offers a wealth of history that simply cannot be found elsewhere. There is no better list then the list one puts together for themselves by observing what people do over time and that is easily accomplished by searching the history right here on this forum. Look at history and compare it with today. You will then say to yourself this is truth, this is a lie, this is truth this is a lie, etc. Do the work, do the work, do the work.

This is hands down the most valuable online resource available for guys because of the history and honesty it brings to the table. Doctors should perform the same observations patients need to do and act accordingly. Of course nothing is perfect, not doctors or forums. Go with the best that is available. Many of the honest doctors of course do not want to get involved with these forums too much. In my opinion I think what has almost become a sleeze factor is something that is best kept at a distance.

This is long winded but it all matters. You will find that in many industries there is more money to be made in trying to control the information then the actual product. So of course many will try to control the message but those days are ending and as all those poorly advised strip patients start coming out of the woodwork you will see more with a different message.

I think you are very safe in Belgium and I also think you should pass on a hair transplant for now. Others may have a different opinion so consider all the information and don't let anyone one person be your expert............become your own expert. Once you start gathering more and more information you may start asking yourself not so much about the procedure itself but the industry. Do you really want to get involved with something like this................that answer could very well be no.

Edited: 07/20/2016 at 07:10 AM by topcat
 07/21/2016 11:09 PM

Author Icon
voipman
Regular Poster

Having had 2 HT i would say a HT is only good for diffuse hair loss. Hair lines might be a short term fix, however 10 years later it might look terrible if you advance with hair loss and unable to achieve enough coverage with further HT to appear natural.

You would need a dense HT on the hair line to match and that would expire a lot of donor area. Very risky IMOA.
 08/17/2016 09:16 AM

Author Icon
takingaction
Accomplished Poster

Going to go ahead with it anyway?

Frankly, it looks bad to me, and I would insist on doing something. Not sure about placement. 1600 grafts would not provide adequate coverage close to the original hairline, but maybe it would look okay with a somewhat receded hairline. Good supply and FUE makes it low long-term risk, in my opinion. Could always shave later. I make this late post mainly for the point that of course distressed people aren't going to heed unconstructive advice to do nothing. "Wait a year" would at least have an end point. Or "Cut your hair shorter and wait." That's basically the gut reason I chose "takingaction" as a username.

"Maybe it's because I'm older and wiser, but I just cannot understand why some people are so reckless with their health."
 09/27/2016 11:21 AM

Author Icon
r_judley

Hi! As i am quite new here, may I ask on how many sessions does a hair transplant normally take?
 09/29/2016 09:32 AM

Author Icon
takingaction
Accomplished Poster

Any part of the scalp that receives new grafts probably needs two or more sessions. Otherwise, no matter what any doctor implies, the results very likely will be too thin years later.

"Maybe it's because I'm older and wiser, but I just cannot understand why some people are so reckless with their health."
 03/22/2017 05:32 PM

Author Icon
fuzzy
Accomplished Poster

There is nothing wrong with your hairline i wish i had your hair
you dont need a HT
Statistics
35992 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 253 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 253 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc