hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Pics from my scalp micropigmentation
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/09/2014 11:34 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/09/2014 11:34 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
gringoloco
Accomplished Poster

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1vo1fmbfktrk11b/AACxOy4frOS6FZMrHEioS7sCa

Thanks

Carl Counts

-------------------------
pluggy strip sugery lawrence shapiro

alan bauman double scarring and permanent nerve damage, no results from 3 surgeries http://www.flickr.com/photos//

Feb 2014 2000 grafts Dr Umar
 07/09/2014 01:42 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Thanks for posting this Carl................how do you feel about the results?

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 07/09/2014 03:12 PM

Author Icon
gringoloco
Accomplished Poster

I feel good so far. Im getting a lot of good compliments at work about it. If you dont mind could you give me your opinion. Be harshly honest Im going back in a few weeks for touch up on the scars!

alan bauman double scarring and permanent nerve damage, no results from 3 surgeries http://www.flickr.com/photos//

07/09/2014 03:31 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Would have to see some pictures that are close up...............it really is hard for me to say.

I will say that you hair itself looks thin..............but more importantly is looks completely natural. If I were you I would just grow it long and tie it into a pony tail I think that look would suit you perfectly...............and for now that is my honest opinion.

I am very critical of tattooing but I really wish you the best..........thanks for the update.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
 07/10/2014 09:05 AM

Author Icon
garageland
Accomplished Poster

Carl,

Thanks for uploading your photos, my eyes were a little raised when I heard that you were getting SMP as I know your situation over the years and because of what you have been through I genuinely hope it works out for you. When there is low density I think for SMP to be effective the hair needs to be worn very short. When I first heard about SMP I thought it was a great option for Norwood 6 cases that are just not candidates for a transplant but wished to wear their hair short and have the appearance of a hairline.

I have seen it used and had it done on myself as a filler for thinning hair and again this can work well provided you have enough actual hair to carry it off. Hair worn long with low density would not look right in my opinion and I advise people not to do it as it would look like you have painted your head. It does need to be subtle.

You have greying hair what colour ink did they use? To pull of the look effectively I think you will need to wear your hair short is that the plan? I can't honestly review your photos as they aren't that clear and in the second set it is immediately afterwards and your scalp is still red.

Do your colleagues at work know what you have had done? Or are they commenting on the new short haircut which looks great and if the SMP can cover the scars effectively it will have been a success.

I am a patient representative for Hasson & Wong. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Join me in Madrid April 2nd & 3rd of April 2016 for a free consultation.

www.hassonandwong.com
 07/10/2014 11:44 AM

Author Icon
gringoloco
Accomplished Poster

Hello again my friend and thanks for the eval. I do plan to keep it short. As far as the coloring is concerned, they did a medium brown. My hair is light brown with some gray on the sides that i usually color . I had them do the SMP into the scars and crown only at this time. I had 2000 FUE grafts placed in the front third of my head back in Feb of this year. I'm trying to give that a chance to grow in before doing SMP in that area. I do understand that its hard to give a good review based on the pics i have posted so far. So i will be posting some recent pics very soon!

The redness has gone away and its looks good in my opinion. My co workers are aware of my very long history of bad hairtransplants and my recent SMP. I now have 2 of them looking into SMP as they feel a HT is far beyond their budget.

07/10/2014 02:09 PM

Author Icon
wylie
Prolific Poster

Wow, that friggin looks awesome! Very impressive. My own experience with temporary SMP has been fading on top (color across the top darker in some places, lighter in others) that, I've been told, happens when the surface is uneven and you have pitting that resulted from multiple surgeries over the years. This is plausible enough, I guess, but has made me wary of getting a permanent session done on top.

The scars, however, are another story, and I'm largely pleased with my results there. My scars have always been nice and flat and it has allowed me to keep my hair in back at a #1 guard since I've done SMP.

Congrats on such a great result, your hair is looking good.

In the 80's, doctors routinely sent their patients home with 5 mm plugs in rows across their head and told them they would be looking great in no time. Don't believe someone because they have 'Dr.' in front of their name. Greed can make anyone lie.
 07/10/2014 04:08 PM

Author Icon
gringoloco
Accomplished Poster

Hello there Wylie!

Thanks for the compliment. Its still early for me so i may experience some fading as well but so far so good. I also did it to fill in the 2 huge scars i have. Im going in one more session the end of August. Just curious do you still use rogaine? I have some concern the rogaine will cause fading but the hair clinic says no. I just had to stop the rogaine for a week afterwards. Happy to see you had good results on your scars! Me and you both have been through a lot with the HT industry

09/02/2017 09:39 AM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Hey Carl.................... 911fan posted a link to your full face pictures to a forum. That was really nice of him.

Just curious if you are okay with this? Do you know this 911fan person.........maybe he works in the industry. I know many of the marketers have dozens of screen names so it's hard to figure out unless you read the history and then it's just a guess. The history of postings always develops a flow and then the bigger pattern can be seen. Takes years to pick up on it all.

http://www.hairrestorationnetw...man-medical-group.html

Edited: 09/02/2017 at 01:29 PM by topcat
 09/04/2017 02:50 PM

Author Icon
hairhope4ever
Regular Poster

Hi Carl,

How are you doing with the SMP 3 years later? Are you still pleased with how things are looking?

Happy Patient

Read about my positive hair transplant experiences here:
http://hairtransplanttestimonial.blogspot.com/
 09/04/2017 03:18 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

HH4E great question and thanks for posting it. Here is Lorenzo's experience as posted to another forum. He works in the hair transplant industry and regrets his decision to have a hair tattoo. Imagine being married and having children while being in this situation. Puts it all in perspective. Why are doctors doing to this............it doesn't make ethical sense. They have simply been fooled by marketers.

I just wanted to give me experience with SMP which I think can either be coincidence or a fact. I first got SMP in 2012 and was happy with it. Within 3 months I was diagnosed with cancer. I had another session on my back and side during chemo when my hair wasn't there. Didn't even consider they could be related. 1.5 years ago I decided to get a touch up on the front. 3 months later my cancer came back this time also in my brain. Both times it was blood cancer which as I said I am not sure if they are related. During my second chemo I noticed that after 4 years my side and back had not faded at all. I will never know for sure if my SMP caused my cancer and because of it had to have two bone marrow transplants. I would never consider or recommend SMP to anyone.

Statistics
36263 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 239 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 239 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc