hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Ignoring the crown in order to conserve donor for the hairline/midscalp
Topic Summary: Any docs will perform a procedure like this?
Created On: 07/25/2012 10:29 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/25/2012 10:29 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Jallet
Regular Poster

I'm running out of options. The fin is giving me horrible sides and I've been off it for months now. I have to accept that I will be a NW6 in no time.

What is you guys opinion on ignoring the crown completely, and rebuilding the hairline/frontal part of the scalp with something like 3,000 grafts (FUE)? Think Zinedine Zidane hairstyle (completely bald crown but hairline and midscalp region intact)

Is it possible to have a natural result? Would it look decent?

I feel like a result like this would be better than being slick bald on top. FUE would allow you to buzz to a lower guard, and 3,000 FUE would be about $24,000...
 07/26/2012 02:19 AM

Author Icon
mattj
Accomplished Poster

Do you have a definite NW6 pattern forming? Leaving the crown bald can work as hairloss can naturally begin at the crown, but the midscalp really needs to be covered and I'm not sure that 3000 grafts would be enough to do this to a satisfying density.

-------------------------
I represent Dr Rahal and can be contacted for consultations and advice.

My email.

Dr Rahal's website.
 07/26/2012 08:04 AM

Author Icon
Jallet
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: mattj

Do you have a definite NW6 pattern forming? Leaving the crown bald can work as hairloss can naturally begin at the crown, but the midscalp really needs to be covered and I'm not sure that 3000 grafts would be enough to do this to a satisfying density.

Yes, I have a NW6 pattern forming. Like I said I am diffuse though. Here are some pics I could find without me wearing Toppik.

With Toppik I can make myself look like a NW3. I don't care about my crown. I have accepted that it will go. I just want my hairline back so I can frame my face.
 07/26/2012 08:18 AM

Author Icon
Dr Arvind Poswal
Occasional Poster

For most true NW 6 or 7 patients, 3000 grafts will not be sufficient. However, the approach you have in mind is not flawed.
Following is an example of a NW 7 patient where we followed this approach ">http://www.fusehair.com/image/tid/20

If you have miniaturization in the entire NW 6 area, then FUSE/fue coupled with the "less is more approach" would be advisable rather than a strip. But again, when you turn a true NW 6, I still think 3000 grafts would not be sufficient.
Regards,
Dr. A

Dr.(ex-Capt) Arvind Poswal
B - 104,C.R. Park,
New Delhi-110019, India.
www.fusehair.com
e-mail: fusehair1@gmail.com
Ph- 91-011-26274368,91-098-101-78062
Scalp & Body hair transplants
facebook - arvind poswal
Results- www.fusehair.com/image
 07/26/2012 08:23 AM

Author Icon
Jallet
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: Dr Arvind Poswal

For most true NW 6 or 7 patients, 3000 grafts will not be sufficient. However, the approach you have in mind is not flawed.

Following is an example of a NW 7 patient where we followed this approach ">http://www.fusehair.com/image/tid/20

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

If you have miniaturization in the entire NW 6 area, then FUSE/fue coupled with the "less is more approach" would be advisable rather than a strip. But again, when you turn a true NW 6, I still think 3000 grafts would not be sufficient.

Regards,

Dr. A

Dr. Arvind thank you for your reply as well as mattj. My father, grandfather, and greatgrandfather all have NW6 as their final pattern (I don't know anyone in my family with NW7).

That being said, how many grafts would you estimate that I would need?
 07/27/2012 07:48 AM

Author Icon
Dr Arvind Poswal
Occasional Poster

Dr. Arvind thank you for your reply as well as mattj. My father, grandfather, and greatgrandfather all have NW6 as their final pattern (I don't know anyone in my family with NW7).

That being said, how many grafts would you estimate that I would need?

Dear Jallet,
Your posted pictures are not enough for making a graft estimate.
I suggest you post or email us ( fusehair1@gmail.com ) information as required on the following link to help me make a graft estimate
http://www.fusehair.com/node/15

It will also help if you mark out the proposed recipient area on the pictures.
Regards,
Dr. A

Dr.(ex-Capt) Arvind Poswal
B - 104,C.R. Park,
New Delhi-110019, India.
www.fusehair.com
e-mail: fusehair1@gmail.com
Ph- 91-011-26274368,91-098-101-78062
Scalp & Body hair transplants
facebook - arvind poswal
Results- www.fusehair.com/image
 07/27/2012 12:53 PM

Author Icon
topcat
Accomplished Poster

Jallet I would say that I think you have the ideal hair color for a hair transplant providing the donor is the same. If it's darker than you probably need to be careful. My suggestion to you would be to go with your current hairline which would be a safe bet and just have about 1000 fue to fill it in a little. The cost will be lower and you might decide that you do not want to move forward after your first real experience, thus little will be done in the way of damage.

Be very conservative and then adjust as you go along if you decide to continue. Do not lock yourself into a large procedure, it's foolish in my opinion.

Stay away from doctors who perform mega sessions, have posts deleted, attack posters, sue patients & forum owners, use power drills or robots. I recommend fue with hand punches in the .70-.85 range. I consulted with dozens of clinics over the years and there was a recurring theme regarding FUE among some employees of those other clinics. I was told Bisanga was the man my research told me the same and my experience validated my own research.
Statistics
32378 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 850 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 855 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc