hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Waht are the causes of hair loss? Plzz Anwers
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/18/2009 01:02 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/18/2009 01:02 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
DanMX89
Occasional Poster

Hello guys I would like to know what are the causes of hair loss... The reason i created this topic is because i heard that eating certain foods and drinks like coke and all that makes you loss hair which sounds stupid to me cause i really believe it's genetic... By the way I'm 20 years old and i have experience hair loss in the frontal area it's not that bad i still have plenty of good hair but I'm considering a HR in the future to reconstruct my hairline which is not bad at this very moment... But i don't want to make mistakes like other younger guys that are so desperate about the hair loss and don't even care or research for the best surgeons and go to unknown clinics and got worst than they were before. i think I'll wait till i turn 23 cause i also don't want to waste time and lose more hair in the future... I'm also scare about the scare on the back of the head and don't like FUE either i don't like the idea of transplanting CHEST hair on the back of my head... By the way I'm considering Dr. Feller cause i have heard a lot of good things about him... So hope you guys can answer to my question about Hair loss because of certain food and Drinks.

Thank You...
 05/27/2009 11:42 AM

Author Icon
hairthere
Accomplished Poster

here's a text book answer to your query:

"A variety of genetic and environmental factors are likely play a role in causing androgenetic alopecia. Although researchers are studying the factors that may contribute to this condition, most of these remain unknown. Researchers have determined that this form of hair loss is related to hormones called androgens, particularly an androgen called dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Androgens are important for normal male sexual development before birth and during puberty. Androgens also have other important functions in both males and females, such as regulating hair growth and sex drive.
Male pattern baldness is caused by a genetic sensitivity of hair follicles to DHT, which causes them to shrink when exposed. This shortens their lifespan and prevents them from producing hair normally"

so yes, genetics have a key role in determining if you will suffer from mpb. factors such as diet, stress, environment, etc. may help trigger mpb in people but there are no conclusive tests to prove this.

-------------------------
1st Ht Sept. 2006 Dr. Joseph Karamikian unknown # of grafts
Very unhappy with procedure

2nd Ht Nov. 2007 Dr. Alan Feller 3200 grafts
 07/05/2009 11:08 PM

Author Icon
bevalaqua
Accomplished Poster

DHT
 07/06/2009 04:34 AM

Author Icon
LookingForAnswers
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: bevalaqua

DHT

With so many posts, how come you are so dumb? Apparently you can't read so well.
 07/06/2009 09:56 PM

Author Icon
bevalaqua
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: LookingForAnswers

Originally posted by: bevalaqua

DHT

With so many posts, how come you are so dumb? Apparently you can't read so well.

Whoa hold on there you dumbass. That is the correct answer. So many times I see a poster looking for the deep rooted answer of why their hair suddenly went away. Was it because I drank so many sodas and ate so many sweets? Was it because I went on a bunch of drinking binges? How about my smoking? Was it because I had a stressful year? Was it because I did illegal drugs? And while sometimes in a few cases these reasons may have contributed a bit. The bottom line is that the reason why you lost your hair is purely genetics and DHT which is a known chemical in the body that causes hairloss. Don't Look for so many reasons when the truth is outside of that is the way it was predispositioned to go for your hair life and you could have done little to nothing about it. There are drunk, obese, drug users on the street who have a full head of hair. Who have washed and cared for it little and have never given a thought about their perfect hairline while others who have kept thmselves in meticulous shape their whole lives and given great care to their hair are going bald. So many come on here and talk about how stress cost them all their hair. Ronald Reagan had to be stressed being the President of the USA and had a perfect hairline his entire life. Look how many people keep their hair and live in third world countries where a shower is rarely taken and shampoo does not even exist. Or any vitamins or anything close to a balanced diet for that matter. If anything to eat at all. There are people living in caves for goodness sake who have all their hair. I answered his question very briefly but to simplify things that was the truth. I have been on these forums and fighting my battle for over a decade now. I have used tons of products and I know what I am talking about you dilweed.

07/09/2009 07:21 AM

Author Icon
T.C
Regular Poster

Bevalaqua is talking alot of sense,just look at lots of other guys and you will see that. Quite simply you were passed the genes for this type of hairloss where the hairs get thin on top and medical science is along way away from isolating and manipulating these specific genes to wipe out mph because they think their are lots of genes involved in the proccess.All we can do is fight it with whats currently available.
 09/09/2009 08:29 AM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

"Originally posted by: bevalaqua

DHT"

Not really aware of bevalaqua's reading level, but basically he has given the right answer

On the other hand maybe it is nutrients - I am selling Skywalker's Nutrient Bars at 10 Bucks each, guaranteed to supply valuable nutrients which may help your hair - to be taken daily on a minimum 5 year subscription - just PM for an address to send the money....

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
 10/04/2016 05:08 AM

Author Icon
ravinder

There are so many causes of hair loss. Nowadays increased level of stress, depression and many dangerous diseases cause hair loss. So many people have so many myths and answers about this cause, but the root cause can only be identified with the person's genetic disorders. No doubt, environment, atmosphere, work stress, standard of living and unbalanced diet also cause so many hair problems, but the main cause can be vary from person to person.
 07/30/2017 07:24 PM

Author Icon
hairhope4ever
Occasional Poster

I wish I knew the answer to this question more than anyone. I started losing hair at 17, and if it was not for Dr. Sanusi Umar, I would not have anything on my head today. In my subjective opinion, I do agree that stress, diet, etc all contribute to hair loss. However, I think they contribute if youare genetically predisposed to hair loss.

Happy Patient

Read about my positive hair transplant experiences here:
http://hairtransplanttestimonial.blogspot.com/
Statistics
35971 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 275 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 276 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc