hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Hasson 3000 graft pics including scar and shot of staples!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 02/28/2002 02:08 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 02/28/2002 02:08 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
FUTzyhead
Accomplished Poster

Futzyhead's site

Click on the above for pics...

Thanks Farrel- Now I am a pro- Have a look- You wanted scar shots- you got 'em- Even the staples! Any questions? Let em rip!
Futzyhead

Edited: 02/28/2002 at 02:09 PM by Hair Loss Help Moderator
 02/28/2002 03:09 PM

Author Icon
Farrel

Very nice page. Well done and the pics look great too.

Congrats and keep us updated on the progress.

-------------------------
Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
 02/28/2002 04:27 PM

Author Icon
TheTKDKid
Accomplished Poster

FUTzyhead,

I am really impressed, and quite jealous of your donor scar. Best wishes for continued success.

Bobby

-------------------------
No mission plan survives the first bullet.

Email courage: The uncanny ability to act with unabashed bravado while composing an
email, yet to be completely devoid of any backbone when dealing with the recipient(s) face to face.
 02/28/2002 04:54 PM

Author Icon
FUTzyhead
Accomplished Poster

Thanks Bobby-
I am happy with it too- I think it will only fade as more time passes... I guess that is the reason why I never understood why people were so "up in arms" when I said I was goint to a doctor who used staples... I never understood it because I saw the scars of patients of Dr. Hasson, and ALL of them looked great to me. Then I see other scars of sutured donor sites, and they looked larger- and even some were horrid! Sure- I'd rather have NO scar at all- But this little pink line on the back of my head all covered with hair- I can live with! Especially when the 7000+ hairs cover the top of my egg...

Thanks again- I appreciate it!

Futzy
 02/28/2002 08:30 PM

Author Icon
Will_20
Prolific Poster

looks great futzy! I can't believe how good your scar looks already. How bald were you before the transplant? And how dense did dr. hasson say your donor area was?

Will
 02/28/2002 08:42 PM

Author Icon
FUTzyhead
Accomplished Poster

Will_20- Thank you-
I was pretty much egg-bald from the front to the ears- Maybe a few dozen hairs? Then from above the ears back to the crown- I had a little more- Still concidered "bald" and not just "thin" Maybe 3-400 hairs... 500? Maybe I never bothered counting...

Dr. Hasson never said "how dense" I was- It never came up- Both he and Mike (Seattle office) just said I was the perfect canidate- and have very thick hair- Jeez- We got 3000 grafts and the strip was only MAYBE a half an inch at it's widest point- Granted- the strip went ear to ear- But I am very thick all the way around. Still have room for more if I want to go overboard and have more done- But I think I'll stop! (knocking on wood here...)

Thanks again

Futzy
 02/28/2002 09:17 PM

Author Icon
doug h
Regular Poster

It sure looks good for only 8 days after. It seems like such good,dense coverage for a broad area using only 3,000 grafts. I know Dr. Hasson recommends, though does not require, cutting one's hair short if grafts are to inserted between your existing hairs. I was wondering if some of the hairs toward the back are your original hairs cut short, or are all of the short ones transplanted?
 02/28/2002 09:25 PM

Author Icon
FUTzyhead
Accomplished Poster

Hi Doug- I think Mike has mentioned you to me. If you are the same Doug. Yes, in the post just above yours, I said that some of the hair was there before- But not much. From the ears back maybe 3-500? And from the ears forward- Just a few dozen here and there- Very sparse. (pretty sad...)
 02/28/2002 10:17 PM

Author Icon
noname
Accomplished Poster

HOLY CRAP! your scar is awesome! you are so lucky i CANT see it even when you lift your hair.
I had a HT for 500 only and u can TOTALLY see my scar. The line is pretty thin in the middle of the strip but it gets bigger as you get to either end. ALSO the hair around the scar is thinner so u can totally spot it! DANG maybe ill go to Vancouver just to get results like that.

Did they say that your skin is very flexible or what?
Did you do those excercises to get ur scalp to be flexible and if so what are they?

THanks
 02/28/2002 10:32 PM

Author Icon
FUTzyhead
Accomplished Poster

Thanks! I think so too- That's why I never understand why some folks say, "Why would you go to a Doctor who uses staples?" Well- Viola! Have a look and answer your own question. Little pink donor scar, very thin and well... kinda cute!
This was my 1st procedure, and Dr. Hasson said my scalp was actually kinda tight. He didn't say anything about exercises- Before or after... I suppose I'll ask about that if I ever have anything else done... I think I'm done though- I'll know for sure when it all grows in.

Thanks again!

Futzy
 03/01/2002 10:18 AM

Author Icon
scarhead
Prolific Poster

Wow!!! I am truly jealous. What scar? I cant even see it. I had a 300 graft ht with sutures and you can really see my scar.You are so lucky. I wish I had chosen Dr.Hasson for my ht.I cant really see from the pictures but how far apart would you say the hairs are? I think with your pictures, Dr.Hasson is gonna soon get very busy. Thanks for the great pics!! Look forward to see it when its grown in!!!
 03/01/2002 10:57 AM

Author Icon
FUTzyhead
Accomplished Poster

Thanks Scarhead- The more feedback I get, the better I feel. (felt pretty good from the start anyway!) Yeah, I'm pretty amazed how it looks only 3 weeks into it. I can only assume it will even fade more as time passes. I buzzed my hair short to take the pictures (since so many people at this site wanted to see it...) and, with the exception of the pinkness on the top of my head, I feel comfortable going without my trusty ballcap. The pinkness on top is fading daily- But you can still see it. Another week or two and that will be gone.
How far apart are the grafts? It's hard to tell now- I just held a clear centimeter ruler to my head, and although most of the grafts are gone, it looks like the front grafts range from .05cm to .125cm- Dr. Hasson used a smaller tipped scalpel in the front than he did at the top of my head. The front couple of inches I'd say- then, towards the back (where the 3-4 hair grafts were put in) he used a slightly larger poker... Makes good sense though- makes for a softer more natural looking front hairline. My wife watched this procedure, and kept mentioning how close together he was making the incisions. At that moment, I really didn't care to hear! I was trying to keep my mind off of it, but now I see why she was so excited about it!

Thanks for the post!

Futzy
 03/01/2002 12:18 PM

Author Icon
Timetested
Accomplished Poster

The location of your donor site appears to be over the ear. This has an advantage as stretch back and deep scarfing may be less likely to occur in that area. This area is also more sensitive than the back of the head where most HT docs opt for a donor site. The HT doc never asks you where you want the donor taken from. He just does it and you live with the effects be it good, bad, etc.

Timetested
 03/01/2002 01:23 PM

Author Icon
FUTzyhead
Accomplished Poster

Timetested- My donor starts from one ear, goes around back and to the other ear. They did a narrow/long strip since I told him I wanted to do the maximum amount all at once. Also, I assume that since he said my scalp was tight already, there would be less tension not having to do a wide strip.
 03/01/2002 10:01 PM

Author Icon
doug h
Regular Poster

Futzy, I must be the Doug that Mike mentioned to you. Like you, only if my hair is combed up and one searches for my scar, is it barely visible. The hair near it was not affected, so it is easily covered by my hair. I suppose some of it would be slightly visible if I shaved my head, but that is the LAST thing I would ever want to do. I would not have thought about a transplant if I thought I would ever shave my head. Hey, how about posting some before pictures? Doug H - another happy Dr. Hasson patient.
 03/01/2002 10:27 PM

Author Icon
FUTzyhead
Accomplished Poster

Hi Doug-
I agree with you! I see others posting stuff about shaving your head, etc- But I don't get it... Why shave after you have a nice mop-on-top?! Isn't that the point of a HT? Heh- I plan on being a hippie for a while- Maybe start a band... I am buying every hair color I can find and try each one... No more Ben Franklin long hair. No more Michael Bolton look. Shoot I might grow it long, hang by my ankles EVERY morning and use a whole can of hairspray. I'll be about 8 feet tall- Screw crew cuts! Actually- With the thin line scar, a crew cut is fine- I buzzed my hair to take the picture, and it doesn't show unless you are 3 feet tall and use a halogen flashlight and a telescope.

B-4 pictures I need to check with Dr. Hasson- He took some- Does he usually mail them to you? Email? Or do you have to ask? I'll check on that either way-

Doug- Sorry- I know I've read your posts here and there, but when did you have yours done? and how is it going? I've got some "razor stubble" already- Not huge amounts, but some. Just wondering how yours is coming?...

Thanks for the post!

Futzy
 03/01/2002 11:23 PM

Author Icon
balloonman
Prolific Poster

Not looking to change the direction of this thread but, Michael Bolton had a hair transplant from Unger in NYC. Trust me, that's no rumor, it's fact, he's had several sessions done.
 03/02/2002 07:54 AM

Author Icon
FUTzyhead
Accomplished Poster

Balloonman- Wow, I didn't know that. You know, I haven't seen him around for so long, maybe that's what he's been doing? The last I saw of him he was VERY think on top and WAY too long on the sides. I'll have to do a Yahoo search of him for pics. It's interesting to see the celeb's who have had procedures. I find myself trying to look at the hairlines when I see interviews. I hope to be over that soon!
 03/02/2002 11:07 AM

Author Icon
balloonman
Prolific Poster

Scarred5 made an interesting comment. Your scar is fairly new and can spread, don't mess with it or stretch it in any way, leave it alone. Probably just overreacting but, better safe than sorry.

Edited: 03/02/2002 at 11:11 AM by Hair Loss Help Moderator
 03/02/2002 03:28 PM

Author Icon
doug h
Regular Poster

I had my procedure with Dr. Hasson 10 months ago. I had him lower my hairline 1/2" and add fill in some in of my receded temple area. It caused a little temporary shock loss behind the new grafts on the upper hairline. The hairs that fell out are finally growing again, They're about 1/2" long. Initially, about 10% of the grafts did not fall out, but started growing from day one. The rest fell out as expected and started showing in about 3 months. By 6 months all were in. The end results were as good as I expected. I'm considering another procedure to increase the density behind the hairline, but I don't think I have enough flexibility left in my scalp. I would not spend the money to go to Woods.

Edited: 03/02/2002 at 03:31 PM by Hair Loss Help Moderator
Statistics
32246 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 5 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 773 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 778 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc