hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Locked Topic Locked
Topic Title: The top 5 hair transplant doctors
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/17/2004 09:26 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/20/2004 08:54 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Farrel

I and others believe that anyone receiving funds from a physician should state this in posts.

I fully agree Dr Rose. In fact its forum policy that people do this and I am surpised that he has not stated this.

-------------------------
Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
 08/20/2004 10:29 PM

Author Icon
BorderlineHairline
Regular Poster

Did any of you guys go that Indian website and see the close up pic of the hairline example.

If THAT monstrosity of a dollhead is on the homepage, I shutter to think what typical results would be like.

08/21/2004 03:32 AM

Author Icon
coolguy
Regular Poster

Gillenator its posted at SHR in INDIA

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=32&threadid=33244

LINK

Yes I was at the seminar he had at his clinic where doctors and prospective patients like me were invited.
I think Dr. A does good job.
 08/21/2004 03:39 AM

Author Icon
coolguy
Regular Poster

Well BH what are you talking about.
Those are some of the most natural and scarless results Ive seen.
Maybe you dont know about feathering of a hairline nor about making it look absolutely natural.
The important thing is the person getting a transplant should be able to roam about without any one ever suspecting that he has got a transplant done.

Ooops sorry!! just saw your signature. I suppose that explains your comments.
 08/21/2004 08:04 AM

Author Icon
ETERNAL_HOPE
Accomplished Poster

There may not be any scarring which is certainly a plus, although there seems to be too many gaps/spaces in this hairline. Another pass should remedy this problem.

Ciao!
 08/21/2004 10:10 PM

Author Icon
BorderlineHairline
Regular Poster

Ooops sorry!! just saw your signature. I suppose that explains your comments

can I ask what you are getting at with that statement?
 08/22/2004 10:58 AM

Author Icon
Gillenator
Accomplished Poster

To the hairloss community,

Yes we "just" construed some support for Dr. Paul Rose although we have not had any contact with his past or present patients. In addition I am not nor are any individuals associated with me employees of Dr. Rose. To further clarify, one of my associates is in the process of building and refining two websites for him which are, thehairlosscure.com and getfithairs.com, the latter which will preview FIT techniques, photos, and continuing developments of this technology. We are not at this time involved in any consultations, patient contact, enrollment of procedures, etc. We will later then be poised to assist Dr. Rose further when that time arises. Still we will remain autonomous so we are not under the control or direction of any physician. There are other plans in the making to further our participation in the hairloss community as patient advocates and welcome any and all contributions to support our cause in giving unbiased, objective feedback. We will never get caught up in the promotion of a single doctor for the purpose of directing cases solely to that individual. There is not and never will be any single physician who is the sole resolve for all patients. Their needs and criteria vary and so we mention the proven surgeons that best fit the patient(s)' needs, many of whom are not yet contibutors to our cause. I will elaborate further when we formally begin to work with patients. I had every intention of making full disclosure once we received the necessary paperwork back from Dr. Rose, but I see he went ahead and made the announcement anyway and we did want to confirm this publicly. Thank you Dr. Rose.

-------------------------
Gillenator
more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a doctor; my opinions are not medical advice. Contributing Physicians: Dr. Glenn Charles, Dr. Jim Harris, Drs. Bob True & Bob Dorin
 08/22/2004 10:10 PM

Author Icon
dr.triveni
Occasional Poster

I have attached an example of the hairline density achievable in Dr.A's clinic patient.
The patient was a difficult repair grafting case but has coarse hair.
Patients with finer hair often wish for and find feathered hairlines much acceptable and more natural whereas people with coarse hair may find a denser look(less feathering of the hairline) more acceptable.
It is as much the patients choice as the doctor's in how the final hairline is designed

Edited: 08/24/2004 at 04:43 AM by dr.triveni
 08/24/2004 04:40 AM

Author Icon
dr.triveni
Occasional Poster

Am posting another picture of hairline work at Dr. Arvind's clinic.
We believe it is important for the results to be very natural besides being as per the patient's wishes.
 08/24/2004 05:16 AM

Author Icon
NYCman
Accomplished Poster

Dr. Triveni,
Please post photos that have sufficient light..
 08/29/2004 04:24 AM

Author Icon
dr.triveni
Occasional Poster

I am attaching another photograph of hairline work done at Dr. A's clinic. This is a photograph three years old after a single session and we have improved further over this time.

Edited: 09/03/2004 at 02:52 AM by dr.triveni
 09/27/2004 07:51 AM

Author Icon
dr.triveni
Occasional Poster

Just thought I will post for info-
We are currently carrying out a 5000+ FUSE/fue graft procedure.
Day wise pictures of the surgery are being loaded on www.fusehair.com . Here's the link
LINK
We are still in the process of arranging them.
It is already 2000+ grafts from bodyhair and we are using the donor sealant.
Goodnight.

Edited: 09/29/2004 at 04:55 AM by dr.triveni
 09/30/2004 12:37 PM

Author Icon
Dr. Cole
Accomplished Poster

if you are going to show hairline work by dr. a done 3 years ago, you should show some before photos to go with it from the same view, etc. so we can see the area treated and the area behind it.

I have no problems with anyone that can distinguish themselves on pricing if they can do great work like this. I simply have not heard of you before. I am happy as heck if you can do this good work at a resonable price in India.

Edited: 09/30/2004 at 12:39 PM by Dr. Cole
 10/03/2004 05:27 AM

Author Icon
dr.triveni
Occasional Poster

Dear Dr.Cole,
-----------------------------------------------
I have no problems with anyone that can distinguish themselves on pricing if they can do great work like this. I simply have not heard of you before. I am happy as heck if you can do this good work at a resonable price in India.
-----------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your appreciation of our work.
The world is a huge place. There are bound to be many who have not heard of Dr.Arvind and Dr.Cole in many parts of the world.
We hope the internet will bring doctors closer and help compiling and sharing data to hasten the advancement of hair science.

Edited: 10/03/2004 at 05:28 AM by dr.triveni
 10/09/2004 04:58 AM

Author Icon
policeman
Occasional Poster

Till some time back all I had heard of was Bosley.
top 5-----woods
----dr.arvind
-dr.jones
-dr.cole
-dr.zontos.
All fue docs. No strip for me.
 10/10/2004 06:40 PM

Author Icon
MrPlow
Regular Poster

Where is the Dr Shapiro you all mention located? I ask because my search turned up two different guys.

http://www.iahrs.com/doctors/minnesota/shapiro.htm

and

http://www.drshapiroshairinstitute.com/

Im pretty sure guys are referring to the one located in Minnesota, but I just want to be sure.
 10/10/2004 06:49 PM

Author Icon
LuckoftheIrish
Prolific Poster

Minnesota.
 10/10/2004 09:09 PM

Author Icon
Rugger
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: policeman
Till some time back all I had heard of was Bosley.
top 5-----woods
----dr.arvind
-dr.jones
-dr.cole
-dr.zontos.
All fue docs. No strip for me.
....1&1A - Drs Hasson and Wong...2 - Dr. Shapiro...3 - Dr. Seager..4 with a bullet - Dr. Nakatsui..5..Dr. Epstein.

All strip Doctors...no FUE for me.....I want hair, lots of it, and want it to grow...oh yeah, I DON'T want to have to spend 50k for a full head of hair..i can live with a 1 MM scar... (thanks Parable)

Edited: 10/10/2004 at 11:03 PM by Rugger
 10/10/2004 10:07 PM

Author Icon
parable
Prolific Poster

i can live with a 1cm scar...

Rugger, You sure you could live with a 1cm scar....DaMMnn dude that's kinda wide??!!!
 10/11/2004 12:25 AM

Author Icon
MoHair4Me
Accomplished Poster

Man you guys are so hardcore in one direction..LOL. Strip is the only way, FUE is the only way, etc. Although FUE was the right choice for me at this time (I still have a fair bit of hair left) and I'm happy with my choice, I still appreciate and acknowledge awesome strip work done by several top docs (like that on Rugger by Dr. Wong, lots of hair and very thin scar just like he said). Now I do want to say this though..only Coke, no Pepsi for me! ;-)

(BTW, Rugger u get my PM?)
Statistics
35872 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 372 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 372 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc