hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: worst doctor
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/29/2003 05:16 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 Previous Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/01/2004 06:50 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
PlugMan
Prolific Poster

Gary Hitzig and Seymour Handler ..... Vicious butchers !!!!
Long Island Med Assoc (now the Hitzig-Schwinning Medical Group)

Be afraid ..... be very afraid.

They have ruined many lives, one of them is mine.

Bald-faced malpractice eyed
By RUSS BUETTNER
Daily News Staff Writer

City Sanitation worker performed surgery on hundreds of men seeking a remedy for baldness at one of the area's busiest hair-transplant practices, according to court papers.

When he wasn't picking up trash in Brooklyn, Thomas Bruno was allegedly one of a number of unlicensed people who anesthetized patients, made surgical incisions and sutured wounds at the direction of the doctors who ran the practice.

Thomas Bruno is one of a number of unlicensed people performing or assisting on hair transplant surgery.

Their work has helped generate malpractice and fraud suits by 85 men who claim they were promised full heads of hair but were left with bumpy pates sparsely covered by sprouts resembling rows of corn.

The practice — once called Long Island Medical Associates and now the Hitzig-Schwinning Medical Group — has offices in Long Island, Manhattan, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. It has advertised extensively and aired TV infomercials.

Sanitationman Bruno, 44, has acknowledged in sworn court papers that he performed the surgeries — each costing several thousand dollars — and said that he did so "at the explicit direction of the physicians" who ran the practice, Gary Hitzig and Seymour Handler.

"The doctors established a routine whereby I and/or another medical technician would transplant hair from the donor area to the recipient area without a doctor present or supervising the suturing of the holes left in the donor area," Bruno stated in an affidavit.

Another employee, Webster Brown, filed a similar affidavit.

"Specifically, I would administer injections of Novocaine, and nitrous oxide as anesthetics," Brown swore. "I performed the various surgical procedures by making incisions in the scalp both to remove and to insert the plugs involved in hair transplants, and for the scalp reductions. I sutured patients, and administered to their bleeding wounds." Brown also swore: "The fundamental philosophy of the doctors ... was that I, together with Tom Bruno, were to perform as many procedures during the course of the business day in order to maximize the profits."

Only licensed doctors may legally medicate patients and make incisions. Bruno and Brown filed their affidavits in a suit brought against Hitzig and Handler by Robert Reitman, owner of a Long Island paving company, who discovered Bruno's true occupation when he phoned him at home and was given his work number — that of a Brooklyn sanitation garage.

Full Article
 08/01/2004 08:44 AM

Author Icon
Abou
Accomplished Poster

Plugman,

This is hard to beleive... I can't beleive they're still practicing medicine...

08/01/2004 10:12 AM

Author Icon
ETERNAL_HOPE
Accomplished Poster

Don't believe the hype surrounding Hitzig's beard FM either. Here is an excerpt from a well known clinic.

"Dr. Gary Hitzig presented a patient that he had grafted with plucked beard hairs. He stated that the plucked hairs re-grow. I have seen one of his patients 6 months after surgery and nothing was growing. I had to remove the implanted hairs, which had not fallen out. They were beginning to form cysts around them since the non-growing hairs were acting like foreign bodies."

I have also cringed at photo documentation from a few of his SEVERELY scarred/disfigured patients. He performs hairtransplants and hairlifts, and told a certain performer that he only performs hairlifts on models/actors, not traditional transplants, as the hairlifts have superior results, therefore he recieved a hairlift. (if this procedure is supposedly better than traditional transplants, why would he do transplants at all??) This poor fellow had HUGE gaping holes/gaps all over and major necrosis, while his posterior donor area was halfway up his neck! His career/livlihood and social life was ruined! Wish I could find the aforementioned pics. Would make your skin crawl.
Makes me sick.......

08/01/2004 10:37 AM

Author Icon
uknoobie
Accomplished Poster

Absolutely unbelievable!!!

I like this thread, this is exactly what poster DJ said we should be doing. Let's expose the crooks & leave the good docs alone!
 08/01/2004 12:40 PM

Author Icon
PlugMan
Prolific Poster

I have nothing to gain either way - {no horse in the race, as it were }

I can only speak from personal experience and posted this only to
save others here from what myself and others have gone thru.

I advise anyone considering this clinic to take my 'opinion' at
face value ..... and then do your own homework !!!

I didn't - and regret that every day !!!

Homework = Google.com

Good Luck, PM

08/01/2004 03:48 PM

Author Icon
parable
Prolific Poster

If you're in Australia..Keep away from
"Doctor Barry White" of
"National Hair Institute"...

He's probably the worst butcher in Australia... There are heaps of patients that have been messed up by him not to mention me as well!!!
 06/05/2006 01:15 AM

Author Icon
DieselNYC
Occasional Poster

My vote, for the worst Hair Transplant Doctor in the world is...
"Doctor to the Stars" - JOEL KASSIMIR - to call him a butcher would be an insult to butchers. The biggest mistake of my life was allowing him to touch me.
 06/05/2006 05:11 AM

Author Icon
gringoloco
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: DieselNYC
My vote, for the worst Hair Transplant Doctor in the world is...

"Doctor to the Stars" - JOEL KASSIMIR - to call him a butcher would be an insult to butchers. The biggest mistake of my life was allowing him to touch me.

My sentiments for hack lawerence shapiro as well, which is insults to hacks!!! just look at his website to see some phony before and after pics drshapiroshairinstitute.com

-------------------------
pluggy strip sugery lawrence shapiro

alan bauman double scarring and permanent nerve damage, no results from 3 surgeries http://www.flickr.com/photos//

Feb 2014 2000 grafts Dr Umar
 06/14/2006 05:33 PM

Author Icon
BringinItBack
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: headsupguy
The worst doctor I consider to be Dr. Shagufta Khan of San Diego, CA. She purports to practice from ILHT? and is the owner. But she sold the practice to some other Dr. then bought it back? They have locations in chicago, and other cities. When I tried contacting them in other cities there was no one there. I visited the Chicago office since I was in the town and it looked shut down. Midday and no one was around except a barely intelligible receptionist/nurse? who could not answer basic questions. I kept getting told there were different doctors working but they could not give me names.

I had visited the San Diego office and was consulted by her. She was manic and looked upset every time I asked a business question. She kept turning the conversation away from my questions about law suits, licensing, etc. I got a bad feeling. So I looked further.

I found out she had her license revoked previously. I was given a run around of who was going to do the procedure. I also find out that the most of the pictures she shows as work she did was actually done by her husband. That's why she had the revoked license. The medical board does not allow him to practice medicine. Yet he was! I don't think he is now but what a nightmare.

The whole thing smacks of bait and switch. Before using any doctor check with the medical board in EVERY state they practice.

There are great doctors out there who are very straight forward. Some of the best are talked about on this board. Keep up the good work. You can tell who is good by all the praise.

DAMN!!!!!!! I wish I could of seen this about 2 1/2 years ago before letting her molest my virgin scalp. Thanks to her I have been forced to spend twice as much money to in hopes of being able to hide the less than acceptable job she did on my head!
Statistics
36244 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 309 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 309 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2018 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc