hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Pictures of a Dr Jones 1800 graft FUE patient after 6 months
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/04/2003 04:03 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/04/2003 04:03 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Farrel

As promised here are the 6 months post-op pics of a guy who had 1800 FUE grafts done by Dr Jones.

He had his procedure done on 2/27/03.

Immediately after the procedure

1 week after the procedure

6 months later

-------------------------
Disclaimer - I am not a physician or an expert and my advice should not be considered medical/expert advice. - If you follow my opinions and/or advice you do so at your own risk.
 10/04/2003 04:11 PM

Author Icon
poet
Accomplished Poster

Need before photo to validate yield.
Need relatively same length of hair and lighting. I know many guys including myself shave their heads for FUE so I don't mean the operative photos. I mean pre op length of hair, and then 6 months + length of hair.

The best possible scenario would be a guy with a clearly bald area of transplantation and clear growth 6 months + later
This guy looks great but all the variables determining his yield are not present. With how much hair he has he could have taken propecia for all we know to get where he is today.

Edited: 10/04/2003 at 04:18 PM by Hair Loss Help Moderator
 10/04/2003 04:31 PM

Author Icon
3rdtimeacharm
Regular Poster

Thank you Farrel. At least you are making the effort and I for one appreciate it. It really "seems" like this guy has good result from Dr Jones' FUE + lateral slitting technique. He seems happy about it too. However, I think poet is right. His result can only be determined against the backdrop of what he began with in the first place. Hopefully you or some FUE patient or doc (exempting Dr Woods)will soon come up with such results and a credible before picture to help establish the contrast. I suspect the HT docs have a healthy dose of respect for you, and would most likely respond to your urging. All HT doctors take photos of their patients before the procedure. Dr Jones should provide you with the before photo of this patient. I am certain that will make his case. If that is done I and I think many more will be at his door step soon. Also do we have a view depicting the donor site?

Edited: 10/04/2003 at 04:42 PM by Hair Loss Help Moderator
 10/04/2003 04:34 PM

Author Icon
3rdtimeacharm
Regular Poster

non

Edited: 10/04/2003 at 04:41 PM by Hair Loss Help Moderator
 10/04/2003 04:42 PM

Author Icon
NYCman
Accomplished Poster

I would also like to see photos of the extraction area if possible. tia
 10/04/2003 08:19 PM

Author Icon
Dr J
Regular Poster

Check out this fellows donor site at this link,

http://www.hairsite2.com/gallery/jones_doug.htm

I've just received the email from this fellow with these pictures.

I have better before photos at the office, I will forward them to Farrel on Monday,

Dr. Robert Jones

www.torontohairdoctor.com

Note: Edited by moderator to activate HTTP link.

Edited: 10/07/2003 at 11:34 AM by Hair Loss Help Moderator
 10/05/2003 09:17 AM

Author Icon
3rdtimeacharm
Regular Poster

Way to go Dr Jones! We will look forward to the before pictures on Monday. A close look at the donor pictures on http://www.hairsite2.com/gallery/jones_doug.htm supports that we are dealing with the same patient. I hope other FUE providers will follow this example.
 10/05/2003 01:11 PM

Author Icon
tz
Prolific Poster

great job dr jones. is a larger insturment used for the top of the head since the donor area healed faster. thanks
 10/05/2003 07:27 PM

Author Icon
NewHair
Regular Poster

Dr Jones/Farrel,

Thank you for posting these pictures. These pictures appear to be a substaintial proof that Dr Jones FUE technique does work well. From the post operative pictures, this gentlemen appears to have had subtaintial hair implants in the front. It does not look like he had much hair at the front to start with. However, I look forward to seeing the "before" pictures as well to confirm this.

This is indeed good news.
 10/07/2003 05:32 AM

Author Icon
dandare75
Regular Poster

Very nice pics, and only 6 months post-op and only 1800 FUE. Hair looks very natural. Could not tell the hair is from a transplant. Curious to see how he progresses in the next 6 months. Thank you Dr. J.
 10/07/2003 06:00 AM

Author Icon
bverotti
Accomplished Poster

Great results Dr. J and that with 'only' 1800 FUE. Dr. Jones, can you estimate the yield on this person? I know the answer already, but many here want it to come from a Dr. and not a layman.
 10/07/2003 06:49 AM

Author Icon
tindrum
Regular Poster

Bverotti, would it be possible for you to contact me directly - I am thinking about going to Dr Jones and I would really appreciate taliking to you about your experience. My e-mail is

Thanks
 10/07/2003 09:00 AM

Author Icon
TomOmasta
Accomplished Poster

Farrel, would you please post before surgery pics so we can end this shit on whether FUE works or not? Even with these pics people seem to still be questioning
 10/07/2003 09:05 AM

Author Icon
common cause
Prolific Poster

Great work. Dr Jones you are a great doc and a class act.
 10/07/2003 04:50 PM

Author Icon
Photomatt
Accomplished Poster

To steal a quote from Limbaugh.....I think many people here are desirous to see quality FUE results from Cole and Jones to make themselves feel better. How anyone can comment on these pics without a before picture surprises me. This guy from what I can see was not slick bald, and obviously had quite abit of his own hair. If there are any before pics that counter this statement please post them. That is the only way we can determine yield. Incidentally on a personal note I had the exact same amount of grafts as this guy so I am curious to see.
 10/07/2003 05:47 PM

Author Icon
psustevenn
Prolific Poster

<< To steal a quote from Limbaugh.....I think many people here are desirous to see quality FUE results from Cole and Jones to make themselves feel better. How anyone can comment on these pics without a before picture surprises me. This guy from what I can see was not slick bald, and obviously had quite abit of his own hair. If there are any before pics that counter this statement please post them. That is the only way we can determine yield. Incidentally on a personal note I had the exact same amount of grafts as this guy so I am curious to see. >>

I guess following your lead, you would have to say that we cant fairly judge the results of redskinboy either since there are no before photos.

---steve
 10/07/2003 05:48 PM

Author Icon
lorenzo
Accomplished Poster

I have always felt that Dr. Jones is a class act and after listening to his interview with Spencer that only confirms it.

Now this patients looks good. I believe that he recieved 1800 grafts in an area that is around 200 square/cm (maybe I am a bit wrong) that would work out to around 9 grafts per square cm. Now most people realize that 1800 grafts in a big area of a bald head would do very little. Looking at his after pictures I believe that at least 60-70 percent of the hair is his natural hair and the rest is the transplant. These pictures show that FUE does work but doesn't show that if a FUE planted in a bald hairline would give a patient density that they would desire. But for someone that is looking for a bit more thickness all around it is a very good option.

Are there any pictures of a patient that started with a bald hairline???

Lorenzo

Lorenzo
 10/07/2003 06:42 PM

Author Icon
poet
Accomplished Poster

p matt is right and steve yes we cannot judge the results of RSB and I have said this repeatedly. This is very simple logic my man. Before and after. No before pic and it's the same old deception over and over again.
 10/07/2003 07:01 PM

Author Icon
Juiceman
Accomplished Poster

I was lucky enough to meet Redskinboy in person in Australia.

I suppose that I can vouch for his prior condition and i have a complete perspective that not everyone else has on his particular situation.

Photos are the second best way to judge the quality of the transplant and the first in the most convenient way to view them.

I understand that not everyone has the ability to view all the patients of the doctors that they wish to see in person.However, it is still the most accurate way to evaluate.

Edited: 10/07/2003 at 07:28 PM by Hair Loss Help Moderator
 10/07/2003 08:04 PM

Author Icon
3rdtimeacharm
Regular Poster

Farell,
Dr Jones was kind enough to not only respond to our yearnings for FUE photos that are 4 months or more out, but he also offered to look up his archives for the before pictures, so why not simply take him up on the offer and present the before pictures on this individual. That should surely bring the haggling on this thread to a close. If there are before photos, the contrast should be apparent not withstanding what his baseline was... slick bald or fuzzy paech. The offer said photos by monday....it is now wednesday. Let us get it done with and move on. Regardless of what ones take on the success of the procedure on this individual is, I think it will be in order to appreciate the Dr's gesture in reponding to our call for photos. Hopefully other FUE providers and patients will similarly post pictures that will hopefully assure us that FUE is indeed a reality outside of Australia. A lot of us are fervently interested in FUE, we just need reassurance.
Statistics
36320 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 174 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 174 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc