hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: hair shedding after 5th month of hair transplant
Topic Summary:
Created On: 03/28/2016 06:51 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 03/28/2016 06:51 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
harilosssuffere2016

Hi,

I had a hair transplant surgery about 5 months back (my hairloss blog link can be found below). I am applying Minoxidil since then and taking finpecia and hairbless ever since. The results have been very good so far and I do see new hairs.

However, since last couple of weeks, some of the hairs have suddenly started shedding. Everytime I shampoo my hair, applying minoxidil or run my hand thru it, a bunch of strands are sticking to my palm ( 30-40+ of them approx per day). Is it normal?

My grafts had shed during the expected effluvium phase during the 1st month post surgery. I thought 5 month is the time when they start to grow back and not shed! Interestingly, not all grafts had shed earlier- could it be that the ones that hung on are shedding now. I am not entirely convinced as some of the grafts shedding now are thin and small - so its got to be the newly sprouted ones.

I spoke to my Dr. and he said it may be shock loss.

Please share your thoughts. I would really appreciate it.

Regards,
Hairsufferer2016

P.S: Link to my blog: http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...WebID=3228&ProcID=4832
Statistics
35971 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 1 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 265 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 266 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc