hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: The "cure"
Topic Summary:
Created On: 05/09/2015 06:36 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 05/09/2015 06:36 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
Adam1234
Regular Poster

Dont they keep saying like every year, "oh the cure is 10 years from now"...well wtf is going on . I doubt they r gonna find an actual cure that can fully restore hair. It'll probably be something like minoxidil that they test on rats..and think it will work on us humans. Any news on a cure tho??
 05/09/2015 06:51 PM

Author Icon
mikey878
Prolific Poster

Yea its 10 years away
 05/09/2015 07:11 PM

Author Icon
Adam1234
Regular Poster

they said that 10 years ago. haha
 05/30/2015 03:08 AM

Author Icon
xxy
Regular Poster

Don't be too bitter guys. A cure is a lot to ask for, but more effective treatments have been steadily coming.
People fighting hair loss 20 years ago didn't have as many effective treatments as we have now.

-------------------------
Regimen:
Theradome twice weekly
TGel/Revita/Regenpure/The BodyShop ginger shampoo at random intervals
Taurine, Curcumin, Resveratrol caps almost daily, memory permitting
 06/04/2015 03:41 AM

Author Icon
Dench57
Prolific Poster

What's the deal with CB? I thought that looked very promising - and you can buy it premixed from Iron Dragon. Why aren't more people on this forum using it? It looks very expensive - but there must be something else I'm missing?
 07/07/2015 12:14 PM

Author Icon
king2525
Regular Poster

They will probably never let it happen. The reason is because there is so much money made from desperate people who want a cure. If a cure came out, we would only have to pay one time. Without a cure, we keep paying year after year.
 08/12/2015 11:58 AM

Author Icon
Soa
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: king2525

They will probably never let it happen. The reason is because there is so much money made from desperate people who want a cure. If a cure came out, we would only have to pay one time. Without a cure, we keep paying year after year.

People like you make no sense. The big pherma companies can make a drug that eventually restores full hair growth with prolonged usage, but requires persistent usage to maintain. That would garner them more money than now, since a lot more people would be willing to invest in a hairloss treatment with relevant results and no risky sides. Fin can only get you far, is expensive, and could give you limp d*ck and b**ch tits. The drug doesn't sell too well, go figure.
 08/22/2015 12:09 PM

Author Icon
CameraEye
Prolific Poster

I have never tried Rogaine...but I would be on it right now if it could grow at least 80% of my hair back. Using it twice a day for life would mean nothing. Though it would still be a treatment..I'd consider it a cure.
 09/04/2015 09:14 PM

Author Icon
Aztec
Prolific Poster

This picture clearly illustrates the waiting period for the hair loss "cure" that is often brought up by doctors.

07/2013 1 FUT strip surgery = garbage results and one strip scar

11/25/14 456 FUE scalp grafts into scar with Dr. John Cole = excellent results

10/08/15 second round of scar grafting with Dr. Cole 300 grafts
 10/03/2015 08:32 AM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: Adam1234

they said that 10 years ago. haha

No, there has been a change - almost everybody who was optimistic used to say "within 5 years" - now some of them say "within 10 years" instead...

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
 10/04/2015 09:32 AM

Author Icon
multivitamin
Occasional Poster

There will never be a cure for hair loss
I'm referring specifically to male pattern baldness. Stop wishing, and be happy with you got, accept it and move on with life.

The simple reason why there will never be a cure, is because its 100% genetic. The only way to cure baldness is to find a way to enter and modify the DNA in each and every single cell, basically turning your DNA into a non-balding one. This is science fiction. We cannot even find a cure for acne. We cannot even beat the common cold virus. It is a concept very simple to understand, which is why we cannot change our hair color, eye color, skin color, etc.

Hair multiplication, and transplants are not a cure, is only management. Your genetics for balding have not changed.

You cannot change this. Your DNA is ironclad, locked within your cells in a space so tiny that even the most powerful microinjectors cannot pry apart the DNA strands. Your life, your being, the very "you" is shaped from the day you were born.

And the curtain falls and the stage goes dark. Such, gentlemen, is life. It is not fair, it is not right. It simply is what is
 10/05/2015 07:44 PM

Author Icon
Aztec
Prolific Poster

multivitamin, well said. That was a kickass post. Genetics is at the core of all bodily functions. Marvelous indeed!

07/2013 1 FUT strip surgery = garbage results and one strip scar

11/25/14 456 FUE scalp grafts into scar with Dr. John Cole = excellent results

10/08/15 second round of scar grafting with Dr. Cole 300 grafts
 10/27/2015 10:16 AM

Author Icon
Tram
Occasional Poster

Multivitamin, while what you said is true, I don't think OP here intended "cure" to mean "cure" as you defined it in terms of DNA and what not. He just meant a more permanent solution or something that indefinitely grows hair back or, at the very least, halts it. Something like Fin or Dut, but without losing its effect after an X number of years or giving you ridiculous sides. A magic pill, if you will.
 10/27/2015 10:21 AM

Author Icon
Janks16
Prolific Poster

This is an interesting link that shows hair regrowth without surgery.

http://www.orangecountyhairres...C-hair-restoration.pdf
 10/27/2015 10:24 AM

Author Icon
Janks16
Prolific Poster

Here's another link that confirms the above-referenced study:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4379938/
 03/22/2016 03:14 AM

Author Icon
max2223

Originally posted by: xxy

Don't be too bitter guys. A cure is a lot to ask for, but more effective treatments have been steadily coming.
People fighting hair loss 20 years ago didn't have as many effective treatments as we have now.

I couldn't have said it any better myself. There is always a bright side. We should be grateful we have the amount of treatments for hair loss that didn't even exist back then.
 07/14/2016 12:01 PM

Author Icon
markusbdc

Skywalker- Are you still out there? -have you considered body hair transplants or beard hair transplant to augment a HT with your limited donor site?
 08/14/2016 07:20 AM

Author Icon
Hair_Me
Accomplished Poster

Hello folks,

I took a 8 year break from the forum and decided to drop in to read up on the latest in hair loss treatment. Turns out "the latest" still seems to boil down to minoxidil and finasteride. That's a bit disappointing.

I have tried pretty much everything; vitamins and minerals, finasteride, minoxidil, dutasteride, lasercomb, transplant and some pink expensive but good smelling goo I can't remember the name of. Best thing I ever did though, and cheapest, was buying a hair trimmer and trim it all down to 0,5-1 mm. That was about 10 years ago. Since then I've been getting my medical degree, a job and three kids. Aging has helped a lot. It's a lot easier being a thin haired and 30+ than 20, at least you're more likely to be in good company. It also helps to build other skills and attributes that contributes to your confidence. Be it education, a career, a hobby, fitness, being a parent or whatever. The more the better, since every new piece lessens the relative importance of any one previous piece, like hair.

Just thought I'd share my journey after about 20 years as folliculary challenged, spanning from deep depression to borderline manic and all the betweens.

My best advice for a "cure" is to stay away from the mirror and work on improving other aspects of your life instead. That is well within your reach, while the elusive "final cure" to hair loss continues to recide in the magical kingdom of 10-years-into-the-future...

BTW, you used to be able to send private messages here but I can't find that feature. Did I just miss it or is it gone?

Edited: 08/14/2016 at 07:39 AM by Hair_Me
 08/22/2016 09:37 AM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

Originally posted by: markusbdc

Skywalker- Are you still out there? -have you considered body hair transplants or beard hair transplant to augment a HT with your limited donor site?

Yes 'markusbdc', I considered both and think that generally the claims are hype.

Body hair is not something I have a lot of anyway, and the coverage would be very poor - much worse than head hair.
If you have thick calibre body hair like a gorilla and a massive bank balance you've got a chance but only with 1 or 2 HT doctors. Body hair is tougher to do successfully.

With regard to beard hair, as I would not be prepared to risk scarring my face there is a limit to how much can be taken, again it is very hard to do right and I have looked at the cost/risk/potential cosmetic improvement in my case and found it wanting.

There will be cases where body hair/beard hair/tattooing works well but I believe that they will be few and far between and with significant limitations.

A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
Statistics
35610 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 565 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 565 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc