hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: DERCOS NEOGENIC (Stemoxydine) French clinical study results
Topic Summary:
Created On: 07/11/2012 04:56 AM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
1 2 3 4 Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 07/11/2012 04:56 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
yanyan911
Occasional Poster

Hey guys, I now there as already been many posts on L'Oreal NEOGENIC, but what i'm bringing you here is a link to an article that i saw yesterday in French Press, and giving much more informations on the product. I don't have time to traduce it all, but i'll give you the most important facts, don't hesitate to ask questions :

The treatment was tested in the SABOURAUD center in Paris, so there is real clinical backup behind the product.
It was a double blind vs placebo study made on 101 men between 18 à 55 years old.

A Stemoxydine 5% solution was applied 1 time a day (6ml), at the end of the 3 months of the trial, there was an increase of 4% in hair density on the patients treated with Stemoxydine, witch represent an average of + 1700 hair.

The product "woke up" hair at places where there was nothing (not even miniaturized hair)

The name of the product will be Dercos NEOGENIC, it will be sold in France from September, and will cost 79,90 € for one month.

Yea guys... i know 4% doesn't seem a lot, but it's still a noticeable cosmetic improvement and it's been long time we didn't see a new PROVEN treatment on the market.

So.. it's not a miracle cure, but still far from being snake oil as some people believed.

here is the link : http://www.leparisien.fr/socie....12-2083376.php

cheers
 07/12/2012 05:19 PM

Author Icon
DHTd
Accomplished Poster

Sounds good and I'm actually looking forward to this but 80€ is still steep, good lucking selling this.
 07/13/2012 05:09 AM

Author Icon
yanyan911
Occasional Poster

You are right man... it's so expensive...for something probably as efficient as 2% minox.. but, i'm sure they'll still sell a lot. What i'd love to know, and the study is too short to answer it is : can this stuff "maintain" hair with continuous use? that's the question.
 07/13/2012 06:41 AM

Author Icon
yanyan911
Occasional Poster

What i will do guys is apply a double dose on a completely bald area of my temples, so... if this shit can "wake up" something, we will know.
 07/17/2012 10:46 AM

Author Icon
Boldy
Accomplished Poster

That "waking up" is due to activating the CDxx Progenittor cells. which can be managed for allpt cheaper. See the experimental forum l section.
 07/19/2012 02:44 AM

Author Icon
yanyan911
Occasional Poster

If it doesn't include injections of unknown Chinese chemicals into my scalp then.... why not
 07/21/2012 06:33 PM

Author Icon
DHTd
Accomplished Poster

If the hairs aren't addicted to this stuff like in the case of minox then I would definitely try it, 80 Euros or not, 4% would give me a full head of hair.
 08/22/2012 03:41 PM

Author Icon
lothar
Regular Poster

Quote from another forum about Neogenic:

"Yesterday at 3pm, NBC news announced that the L'oreal hair loss product will have %30 regrowth in men within 3-6 months and %60 in women. They went on to mention that there will be very little growth for nw6-7 about 5%. These results should compound every 3-6 months. In conclusion, they said its worth trying but may cause side effects such as rashes and chemical burns among others."

Anyone planning on testing it out? I will be trying it.
 08/22/2012 03:57 PM

Author Icon
2020_2
Accomplished Poster

yeah wtf 30% compoundable regrowth? Can't find any source for that.

This is from the OFFICIAL SOURCE:

According to tests performed in the laboratories of L'Oreal one hundred volunteers 18 to 55 years with significant hair loss and localized, there would be an increase in these subjects and abundant in volume and improved ease of styling. Recommended for men and women, this lotion will increase capillary density is 4% gain in 1400 hair in 3 months.
 08/22/2012 07:11 PM

Author Icon
knockin on NW4
Occasional Poster

08/22/2012 07:14 PM

Author Icon
knockin on NW4
Occasional Poster

Originally posted by: lothar

Quote from another forum about Neogenic:

"Yesterday at 3pm, NBC news announced that the L'oreal hair loss product will have %30 regrowth in men within 3-6 months and %60 in women. They went on to mention that there will be very little growth for nw6-7 about 5%. These results should compound every 3-6 months. In conclusion, they said its worth trying but may cause side effects such as rashes and chemical burns among others."

Anyone planning on testing it out? I will be trying it.

Im pretty sure that guy on TBT was trolling. If NBC news really reported this, it would be all over the internet, yet it's no where to be found. hmmmm.
 08/22/2012 07:24 PM

Author Icon
lothar
Regular Poster

You're probably right. One of the sites selling it essentially quotes 16-18% density from the clinical study that hasn't been released yet, as far as I know. That much density would be amazing in 3 months but no one seemed to care when I posted it a few weeks ago on TBT.

This:
- Increase in hair density vs. placebo = 1700 new hair The subjects also stated *:
18% more hair abundance
16% more volume of hair
Efficacy proven in hospitals *
* Study group 101 people, daily use for 3 months.
 08/22/2012 07:41 PM

Author Icon
antman
Regular Poster

Originally posted by: lothar

You're probably right. One of the sites selling it essentially quotes 16-18% density from the clinical study that hasn't been released yet, as far as I know. That much density would be amazing in 3 months but no one seemed to care when I posted it a few weeks ago on TBT.

This:

- Increase in hair density vs. placebo = 1700 new hair The subjects also stated *:

18% more hair abundance

16% more volume of hair

Efficacy proven in hospitals *

* Study group 101 people, daily use for 3 months.

the link at the top didn't work for me and i couldn't find the study. is there anything to suggest that there is benefit after 3 months of use such as

-prevention of further hair loss?
-more hair growth?

or the opposite

-loss of effectiveness?
 08/23/2012 07:30 AM

Author Icon
Bald Rocket
Occasional Poster

I 've found more info on a Dutch web:

http://translate.google.cz/tra...n-haarvermindering%2F

Unfortunately release date is estimated on early October...
 08/23/2012 09:23 AM

Author Icon
DHTd
Accomplished Poster

That's amazing if the results are real.

"There is a pack containing 14 ampoules available for 58.99 euros and there is a pack containing 28 vials available for 89.99 euros. Note that, in order to obtain results, the product should be used three months."

Pricy but understandable if the hairs don't become addicted to this stuff like minox.
 08/23/2012 12:03 PM

Author Icon
lothar
Regular Poster

The L'Oréal Research has discovered the source of new hair fullness: the stem cells. You can divide and reactivate the hair follicles in the Neogene period. Before the anagen phase again with the hair growth starts, the hair is awoken from his "sleep phase". Recently, the L'Oréal research has discovered how this "awakening" can be stimulated. The sleep phase must be shortened so that the number of inactive follicles falling. Plays an important role Neogene phase. During this time the hair is stimulated and passes out of the sleep phase out again into the growth phase.

Vichy Dercos Neogenic

With STEMOXYDINE in 5% concentration

EFFECTIVENESS clinically proven

The density of hair is visibly improved after 3 months of use.
Proven effectiveness vs. Placebo

RESULTS:
+35% Hitherto dormant, now "awakened" / reactivated follicles.

Average up to 1700 more hair within 3 months.

THE APPLICATOR

Application
1x daily use. The innovative applicator ensures easy handling every day. Once the dosage is like a cartridge insert into the applicator, without removing the cap or puncture. The product is distributed for peak apex with gently stimulating zigzag movements of the applicator over the entire scalp and not rinsed.

Duration
As a cure for 3 months. The cure, if necessary, repeat.

Massage
Distributed after application with the fingertips of both hands with gentle pressure and massage movements, the product on the scalp.
 08/23/2012 12:26 PM

Author Icon
DHTd
Accomplished Poster

So it's like a treatment, I wonder how it combines with fin/dut, if the awakened hairs last.
 08/24/2012 04:58 PM

Author Icon
antman
Regular Poster

thanks bald rocket. 1080 eruo a year for 4% hair density (since that's all that is proven) seems hard to justify to me.
 08/25/2012 11:59 AM

Author Icon
gutted2
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: antman

thanks bald rocket. 1080 eruo a year for 4% hair density (since that's all that is proven) seems hard to justify to me.

get it right...its 4% cappillaray density NOT hair density.
 08/25/2012 12:08 PM

Author Icon
2020_2
Accomplished Poster

this is going to fail so bad... PGD2 is still there inhibiting hair growth right at the beginning of anagen stage. How will neogenic fix that problem?
Statistics
32069 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 10 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 1152 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1162 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc