hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: Showing my 6 month results of using Minoxidil 15%
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/30/2011 09:10 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/30/2011 09:10 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
NGNY91

Hello Everyone, I just joined today to show everyone my 6 month results from using Minoxidil 15%. I've done a few other things as well, such as taking important supplements and eating a protein-rich diet, etc. I hope this is the right forum to put something like this, but I just wanted to give everyone some hope. I was 19 when I started, I'm now a few months past 20. Here we go:
Very beginning:

After 6 Months of use:

For those who want details, I've been using the minoxidil twice daily for the first 3 months of use, then I started school so I had to cut down to once daily for the latter months. I've hardly ever missed days. This shows that dedication and sticking to an effective plan can work in time......I'm probably lucky that I caught it early enough, I understand many people arent as young as me when they decide to start treatment.....but for those who are, or who want to give it a shot......yes it can work. I don't want to put the brand name of the minoxidil because I dont want to look like an advertiser, but it's a very popular brand that is sold on Amazon, and can be found by searching Amazon for "minoxidil 15%". The brand initials are P.I.S.

Good luck to everyone !!

-Nick
 11/30/2011 09:20 PM

Author Icon
NGNY91

By the way here's a list of supplements that I take daily:
- Omega 3 Essential Fatty Acids
- Silica
- Carlson A,C,E,S + Zinc (can be found at most vitamin shoppes or online)
- Biocell Collagen with Hyualronic Acid (Vitamin Shoppe)
- Vitamin B Complex (Vitamin Shoppe)
- Nisim Shampoo & Conditioner
- A Saw Palmetto formula (on and off....not sure how much its been helping)
- A Mineral complex called "MinRx" by Xymogen (GREAT company focused on natural, allergen free, FULLY absorbable products/supplements)
Hope this helps.

PS I've also used a laser brush (doesnt work)
as well as Nioxin Shampoo & Conditioner, after switching from Nisim, saw noticable increased hairloss after a month and dumped it, started Nisim again. I knew I had a bad feeling about switching off it in the first place.
 12/04/2011 07:48 PM

Author Icon
cs2
Occasional Poster

very impressive result.
I think because you are young, so you can have a good result.

Do you have dietary change? And any change is your sex life?

By the way, do you think collagen and hyualuronic acid helps your hair reqrowth?

Thank you.

Edited: 12/04/2011 at 08:00 PM by cs2
 12/08/2011 08:28 PM

Author Icon
NGNY91

My diet is simple.....and i'm not saying its necessarily the right diet for everybody, but I used to eat like crap when I was in my early teens.....2 meals a day, sometimes 1, not even close to enough protein, and no vitamins. Its no wonder I started losing the hair so early. When I made the diet change for the best, heres what I did: 3 meals per day, every meal has some sort of protein to give me good energy. I also try to eat a fair share of vegetables when possible. All the supplements I take make up for any missing nutrients for the most part. I still hardly eat breakfast because I usually wake up late anyway, but I try to get something in my stomach in the morning, even though its usually not any kind of meat or protein. I eat a lot more when I actively go to the gym....protein shakes, etc. I havent been going over the past 3 months because school work and a new job jammed up my schedule but I'm going to be starting again in a few weeks because I'm off for winter recess and next semester my schedule allows time for it. No change in my sex life, and although I don't have any solid evidence to link to the collagen alone because I'm on so many supplements, I'm pretty sure I did start to notice my nails growing quicker once I started taking it. Collagen is great for nails, skin and hair.

I'm taking this part from a website, but "next to water, collagen is the single most important structural substance in our bodies, accounting for 25-30% of its total protein. Your ligaments, tendons, bones and skeletal muscles are all held together by collagen, as well as the smooth muscle tissue like your blood vessels, digestive tract and organs. It is even the main component of your hair, skin, and nails."
 12/15/2011 08:02 AM

Author Icon
roseways

Thats a great result. I wonder what the results would be if you only used the minoxidil 15% without all the other supplements. What would suggest was your total cost for the 6 months?

-------------------------
Rogaine liquid for 1 year, no good results, slightly less hair :/
 12/15/2011 12:39 PM

Author Icon
GreatSage
Occasional Poster

How long did it take you to see the improvements?

And yeah how much did it cost you?
 12/15/2011 03:43 PM

Author Icon
madhesh46

Thanks for posting the progress, I'm using the Min 15% as well.

12/15/2011 06:03 PM

Author Icon
lou2316
Accomplished Poster

What brand of 15% minox are you using?
 12/21/2011 02:34 PM

Author Icon
wakebdr32
Accomplished Poster

Nice job! Thickened up all over.

-------------------------
44yr old veteran and still NW2. Give your treatment reasonable time, monitor your results and do your own diligence. Many will respond differently to treatment regardless funded Pharma studies and peddlers that speak in absolutes...
Statistics
36058 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 311 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 311 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2017 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc