hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: 24 yr old, wanting to start treatment. Help!
Topic Summary:
Created On: 10/14/2011 09:49 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 10/14/2011 09:49 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
helpwithmyhair

Hey guys!

Just looking for advice from your personal experiences. I'm a 24 year old male - my hair loss stage is relatively early. Most people wouldn't notice but I have temporal recession probably Norwood 2 (maybe a bit more now), my right side is worse than my left and very early diffuse/crown thinning. Hair used to be full, lush an wavy with natural blond streaks when I was a teenager, since around 20ish it's progressively got thinner, duller, straighter, harder to manage/style. Have kept an eye on it since then but has been very gradual and hasn't been drastic enough for anyone to notice or for me to lose sleep over. Past several months I think it has started to go into it's 'next stage'. Looks more obvious after showering, recession is starting to pick up, flatter etc...

I'm wanting to start the 'killer 3' combo: finasteride, minoxidil and ketoconazole shampoo, with confidence in retaining my relatively full head of hair, and hopefully thicken it up.

I'll definitely start taking finasteride, though the only thing that's holding me back from the using all 3 treatments is this response I read on Balding Blog:

Text

Dr Rassmann recommends people around my age not to use the combination approach, I suspect the guy really knows what he's talking about, but I was wanting to get first hand feedback from you guys that have used the combination and if from experience you think it's unnecessary to be so aggressive with treatment?

Cheers!
 10/22/2011 02:19 PM

Author Icon
psantos
Regular Poster

My 2 cents worth is try the minox, and the Nizoral, maybe the Nizoral cream. If its the cream use everyday, I am waiting for answers to see why the shampoo is only 3 times per week. Try this before oral meds, Propecia killed my libido, and was literally a pain in the balls, it scared me a bit, so I stopped using.
 10/22/2011 05:24 PM

Author Icon
Big_bear
Accomplished Poster

IMO I would start Fin but start at a low dosage cut the 1mg fin in 4 and it becomes 0.25 take for about 3 months and see how you feel and monitor your hair also start nizoral, because you are at the starting stages and your hair is not that bad leave out the minox till latter on , the Fin should stop or slow down MPB the problem with minox as time passes when your on minox your hair becomes minox dependant and if you decide to stop those minox hairs will fall out also you can add spiro cream to the treatment.

-------------------------

Accept things the way they are not how you wish it could be,
but fate can be so cruel
 10/23/2011 03:07 AM

Author Icon
helpwithmyhair

Thanks guys!

I'm gonna start with Fin and Nizoral. My older brothers have been on Fin for quite a while and it's been positive for them so far (no sides and slowed/stopped further loss) so I'm gonna take that as a good sign and go for it.
 11/02/2011 09:35 AM

Author Icon
Madlib
Prolific Poster

It must be good to have family members also on finasteride. You could all come together and discuss hair loss, side effects etc hahaha.
Statistics
36352 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 0 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 26705 on 04/09/2017 at 11:57 PM.
There are currently 164 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 164 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2019 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2017 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc