hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: rogaine in front head
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/12/2005 05:24 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 08/12/2005 05:24 PM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
caco
Accomplished Poster

my problem is that i have really thin hair in my front head and my hair line is goin back and back i can see my scalp easily , i would like to know if minoxidil can work in that area i also wanna use tricomin just shampoo and conditioner. has anyone seen results with this combo in this area of the head? cause i've heard a lot of times about those issues with rogaine, that says that destroys the few healthy hairs that you still have and replace them with vellus that is never gonna be hair at all, other people mention that there shouldn't be freak outs , that is only the process but you gotta keep in the regimen up to 4 months to see results. i'm really scared about the idea of losing the healthy hair that i yet have. any comments
 08/12/2005 09:46 PM

Author Icon
Dinzy
Regular Poster

Minox does not replace good hairs with velus, it causes velus hairs to regrow. People confuse this with good hairs being replaced by bad ones. As far as whether or not you should use it the only way to know is to try it for 6months - year and see. You should also get on fin to try and stop the loss.
 08/15/2005 07:03 AM

Author Icon
caco
Accomplished Poster

thanks so i should use it even if i'm in the first stages?, cause i still have hair, so when you use minoxidil, you when trough that period? i was and i drop it because of it and i also saw fabao supposed comments in a web site, saying it was way better
 08/20/2005 01:39 PM

Author Icon
brad04
Accomplished Poster

Check out my pics. That's what Rogaine *generic rogaine 5%* did for my frontal. Look at week 1 and then month 2 and you can see the regrowth starting. Then check out my newest pics. All the velus hairs have grown in.

-------------------------
1mg Propecia daily 11/21/2011
5% Minoxidil Nightly 11/21/01
 08/23/2005 04:29 PM

Author Icon
sonicaudio

Brad04, I am very impressed with your frontal results with Minox. I have about the same amount of loss as you do and just went out to WalMart to pick up some Minox. We will see what happens. I just ordered some Proscar as well .....

Were you ever on just Fin? Just curious what the Fin did by itself?????

Thx
 08/23/2005 05:21 PM

Author Icon
caco
Accomplished Poster

thanks i just saw the pics, it's great ... , should i add tricomin shampoo?, i gotta tell you my hair is thinner than the hair you had before starting but i'll give it a try ... any more advises?
 08/24/2005 03:56 PM

Author Icon
KRS1
Occasional Poster

Hey Brad,
Im so happy that you grew back a good portion of your hair. I was wondering, when applying the minoxidil to your scalp, do you apply it all over and then rub it in? I have a small bottle of the minoxidil 2% in a spray form. I live in canada, so I dont have access to the Minoxidil 5% w/o a perscription. So When I do apply it, im not sure if it gets directly onto my scalp, or just all over my hair. I dont have a big degree of hair loss yet, but im worried. So when you do apply the minoxidil, were you applying it to bare scalp as well, where hair once used to be? Thanks
Statistics
31845 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 12 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 1431 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 1443 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc