hair loss help.com is your complete hair loss guide and resource for info about Propecia, Rogaine, minoxidil, transplants, thymuskin, Revivogen, folliguard, tricomin and other hair loss and baldness remedies
Hair Loss Help
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: How i cured my diet related inflammation.. scalp, face and joints
Topic Summary:
Created On: 08/09/2011 01:27 PM
Linear : Threading : Single : Branch
<< 1 2 3 Previous Next Last unread
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View similar topics View similar topics
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 09/16/2011 06:49 AM
User is offline View Users Profile Print this message

Author Icon
titdoctor
Prolific Poster

I think it's going to. REmember I've been shedding alot for almost 2 years. I lost alot of shorter hairs that stil had a white bulb on them. If I was shedding and causing damage for almost 2 years I doubt it grows back in just a couple months. Might take 2 years to grow back to full thickness. hope my crown keeps up with the rest of my scalp too

I use to shed 20-30 even more hairs in the shower. Now maybe I find 1-2 hairs on my hands. Once I stopped the inflammation the shedding kept going for a few weeks after. Now even if I inflame the area I don't get any unusual shedding. I know people say hairs on your hands dont matter. Makes me feel alot better seeing 1-2 hairs than a whole handful.

I eat green vegetables, sardines and other small amounts of animal protein daily (for phosphorous). Plus weight bearing exercises for stronger bones. The people who eat the most dairy have the highest rate of boneloss in the world. Rememnber that. The people who eat the least have the least boneloss. I've come to the conclusion dairy is crap for my body.

Also small meals daily is the best thing for me. Too much sugar makes my face fat/bloated and filled with clogged pus in my pores. Too much fats causes big time sebum production on the scalp leading to inflammation . I try to keep it to 5-6 small meals a day. I don' get the bloated looking face and I don't get over-production of sebo on the scalp.
 09/16/2011 09:01 AM

Author Icon
Skywalker
Accomplished Poster

Tien:
Your hair grow back tit?

titdoctor:
I think it's going to.

That would be a no then...

-------------------------
A 'Government Study' is not necessarily proof - "Garbage In, Garbage Out".

Have not had an HT, turned down by 3 clinics, sadly they were right, my donor area has miniaturised.
Now here to look for any advances and give newbies another opinion.

The guy in the centre of my icon doing the inspection of scars is the ideal potential HT candidate:- Doubting Thomas
 09/16/2011 09:19 AM

Author Icon
titdoctor
Prolific Poster

Onlyhad the inflammation under control for a month or two. I've been shedding for almost 2 years. You think I'm going to gain it all back in the morning? I believe its going to grow back. It takes time I was losing alot of hair that was still in the anagen phase. The only reason im not a nw4+ is because of good genes.

I don't have mpb. I had a bad fungal infection for almost 2 years. I have thicker hair right now than most people on here.

I had thick as sht hair before though. When my hair is wet I can hardly see scalp now. Thats a good sign. This is really how I first noticed how bad it was. I had no coverage, so these hairs that were falling out so easily are now becoming more deeply rooted into my scalp.

I am interested in RU for my temples. It's the only minaturization I can see,
Maybe I can save them, because my grandfather had none at my age and neither did my father.

___

09/16/2011 09:29 AM

Author Icon
titdoctor
Prolific Poster

My scalp was in bad shape. It felt like I always had a constant itch on my scalp. 24/7 I would wake up with it and go to bed with it. I did this for almost a year until one day, I scratched my scalp and smelled my finger. It had a rotten cheese smell to it.

The itch was TERRIBLE. My scalp felt so tight all the time... It's 95% better now. 5% being i still produce sebum but not fungus when I eat certain things. My scalp got so sensitive now even sebum makes my scalp tingle a little.
 09/16/2011 09:41 PM

Author Icon
Tien
Prolific Poster

Im the same way tit. Crazy irritation diffuse all over head equally. I have a buzzcut and theres no thickness difference betweenn top and sides back. When i had it long everyone could see how thin it was, girls would comment and make faces. Was most notable where my part was.

I have the exact same symptoms as you and it is highly correlated with eating sugar foods. I pull the little white sebum balls off my head and sometime I pull them out with follicles attached.I working on the new diet too. It should only take 3-6 months for your hair to grow back if it does.

Is your hair equally diffuse on sides back and top tit? Do you have it buzzed so you can see how diffuse the hair loss is?
 09/17/2011 06:11 AM

Author Icon
titdoctor
Prolific Poster

Yes my hair is equally diffuse all over my scalp. My top is actually starting to look a little thicker too. I even had a dermatologist check it for any signs of minuturization or a pattern. He found nothing, he was nw4-5 and said I am showing no signs of mpb yet. Just the frontal region in my temple and nw1 area. The rest of my follicles upfront are thick as sht. My father still has hair at 53(but diffuse on top) and my grandpa had alot of hair up to 68 when he died.

I really couldn't see 2 years of inflammation and damage turning around that fast, I hope it does. EVen people who take fin need to wait atleast 2 years to see full results. I can now get my hair wet and not look like a cancer patient.

ATM i have a crazy almost "beiber" type cut, just more wild. The only reason why is because when I was crazy shedding I thought I was fked with MPB. Had one last chance to grow it long so I did. I haven't got a haircut in over a year. I'm goign to get a shorter one so I can continue to pull off a nw1. Buzz's are cool and all though.

When I was buzzed down all the way, I had no horseshoe pattern or anything. No frontal loss either. I have my grandpa's exact hairline except I still have temples and he didn't at my age. He was also overall, kinda thinner. Still a great head of hair though.

2nd one is a pic of me. yea i could use a haircut. after what my scalp has been through I appreciate having alot of bad hair than no hair at all. ill get a haircut someday. =)

Thats my dad right next to me he can still hide a nw2 pretty good but diffuse at top.

3rd one is me shaved down a year ago. Still have good hair coverage up front.

Edited: 09/17/2011 at 06:29 AM by titdoctor
 09/17/2011 08:27 AM

Author Icon
nicky1990
Prolific Poster

in addition to a diet change use oils on your scalp thats how i sorted out my inflammation only took 3 months as well, nice to see someone else going down the natural route then sticking every chemical up their asses left right and centre
 09/17/2011 09:28 AM

Author Icon
Madlib
Prolific Poster

I WISH i saw this sort of stuff before i took propecia!
 09/18/2011 04:40 AM

Author Icon
Tien
Prolific Poster

Hey tit, my itch came back really strong 2 hours after eating cookies and lemonade. Does yours still come back after eating that kind of food?
 09/18/2011 02:32 PM

Author Icon
titdoctor
Prolific Poster

Yea man mine will still come back. Atm I have in under control but not totally beat. My joints no longer hurt and my face isn't inflamed as much. If I eat alot of dairy, I can smell fungus on my scalp within a few minutes.

Looking into some other treatments that might be effective. Nano silver is one of them. Ill keep you posted, remember drink plenty of water! This was my biggest mistake when the fungus got a foot hold.
 09/20/2011 06:24 PM

Author Icon
Tien
Prolific Poster

You said your hair dont look like cancer patient anymore wet long from diffuse hairloss. So when did it stop looking thin? I thought u said it hasnt improved yet.

Also were you diagnosed with sd?
 09/21/2011 01:47 AM

Author Icon
cs2
Occasional Poster

Hi titdoctor,

Thanks for your information. I am taking apple cider vinegar everday too.
But I am always worry about that the ACV will acidify by body.

As you mentioned that ACV can alkalize the body.
Would you explain it a little bit more details?

By the way, do you think eating yogurt is a good way to get rid of the fungus in gut?
Please advice.

Thank you very much.

Edited: 09/21/2011 at 01:57 AM by cs2
 09/21/2011 05:03 AM

Author Icon
titdoctor
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: Tien

You said your hair dont look like cancer patient anymore wet long from diffuse hairloss. So when did it stop looking thin? I thought u said it hasnt improved yet.

Also were you diagnosed with sd?

Well more the diameter of my hair shaft is thicker. I use to just be able to see scalp everywhere when wet. Now with my sebascous glands under control, I don't nearly get the sebum production I use too. I think my hair is finally recieveing nutrients because my scalp was soo clogged with sebum/fungus, my hair was barely recieveing nutrients. My hair was getting VERY thin, like my dads. Now it's getting thicker again like my moms side.

The doctor did diagnose me with SD, but he didn't give me any hope. Only nizoral and piece of paper. When I told him my inflammation starts after eating certain things, he didn't believe me at all. He said "there has never been any studies proving that is true".

09/21/2011 05:13 AM

Author Icon
titdoctor
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: cs2

Hi titdoctor,

Thanks for your information. I am taking apple cider vinegar everday too.

But I am always worry about that the ACV will acidify by body.

As you mentioned that ACV can alkalize the body.

Would you explain it a little bit more details?

By the way, do you think eating yogurt is a good way to get rid of the fungus in gut?

Please advice.

Thank you very much.

Well I don't really know how it works. . I just know after a meal if I'm itching, I take a tbsp of that mixed with water. Suck it through a straw and my scalp quits itching. Weird huh? Also a mixture of bentonite clay and physillum husk works similiar.

Raw honey works even better. I've tried plain greek yogurt and it made my dermatitis worse. I've done everything I could to try to fit dairy into my diet. Everytime I do I get instant inflammation/itching on the scalp. Your better off going with a high quality probiotic that is milk free. Something with 30-40billion CFU per capsule. If your scalps in bad shape, I would double the does of them, spread evenly throughout the say.

Dairy and WHOLE grains are my worse enemy. Hell I can eat a whole large pizza and barely itch at all. Give me one cup of brown rice or a piece of whole wheat bread and I itch like crazy.

I get all my sugars from fruit and have almost no problems at all. Maybe a little stimulation (feels like my hair is raising up) but that is it. I never get fungus from fruit. Dairy/whole grains/gluten usally cause fungus. Anything that is sitting in your gut for a long period of time.
 09/21/2011 05:17 AM

Author Icon
oofah
Accomplished Poster

Most docs are clueless when it comes to nutrition. As far as they're concerned everything must be fixed with drugs, there is no other option.
 09/22/2011 03:36 AM

Author Icon
Tien
Prolific Poster

Hey Tit, hopefully you keep updating on your hair status while your itch free. Doctors cant really confirm anything that hasnt been supported by studies. Studies are funded by pharmacutical companies that want to prove something in order to sell a product. Because no one stands to profit from a study that says a low sugar diet help diminish seborheic dermatitis besides consumers, the study cannot be funded and carried out. It doesnt really matter what the doctor says about it cause u have proved it works for yourself.

I have a question about your SD tit. For me, when my sd is bad it itches and a find little yellow balls/falkes in my scalp that pick off my skin. Was it the same for you? Also I have red bumps in my hair that can be seen and felt, did you have these as well and have the yellow flakes/balls and red bumps diminished after your itch disapeared?

Thanks.

09/23/2011 08:34 AM

Author Icon
titdoctor
Prolific Poster

I'll have to tell you, best diet I found for my hair problems was mostly fruit. Never read the 80-10-10 diet/lifestyle. I would recommend it. My scalp never itched when I ate mostly fruit. My hair never got greasy either, didn't need to wash it for day.

The only downside I'm dealing with is extra bloat (I'm going to try digestive enzymes). My face literally gets rounder and chubbier. My jawline is not nearly as toned. I guess that bothers me, I look in the mirror and see something totally different.

When I eat mostly fats/proteins my jawline looks alot firmer. Prob is I get alot more itch, sebum production on scalp, urges to binge, pain in areas that have been in injured.

I'm now taking some time off the forums to avoid any extra stress, sometimes I feel like highhairline in my off-topic crazy rants. I'll keep you updated.

The cure for me was mostly fruit. Still trying to fit fats/proteins in but I have to pick one or the other.
 09/23/2011 09:05 AM

Author Icon
titdoctor
Prolific Poster

Originally posted by: Tien

Hey Tit, hopefully you keep updating on your hair status while your itch free. Doctors cant really confirm anything that hasnt been supported by studies. Studies are funded by pharmacutical companies that want to prove something in order to sell a product. Because no one stands to profit from a study that says a low sugar diet help diminish seborheic dermatitis besides consumers, the study cannot be funded and carried out. It doesnt really matter what the doctor says about it cause u have proved it works for yourself.

I have a question about your SD tit. For me, when my sd is bad it itches and a find little yellow balls/falkes in my scalp that pick off my skin. Was it the same for you? Also I have red bumps in my hair that can be seen and felt, did you have these as well and have the yellow flakes/balls and red bumps diminished after your itch disapeared?

Thanks.

I do get flakes when I start eating higher fat/protein. Yellow balls, no never. I get scalp ance or bumps too, when I'm eating higher fat/protein. Usually on the back of my neck only, very occasionaly on the top.

The flakes/itch did disappear when I was eating a fruit diet. I would get the occasional tingle on the very top of my scalp, but this would only last for maybe 10-20 seconds. Then it would stop. That was ususally after consuming alot of bananas or another fruit. I was also eating cooked chicken still, could of been stopping my digestive system up some.

10/04/2011 07:58 AM

Author Icon
titdoctor
Prolific Poster

Little update. I know this thread can be kinda long and confusing.

I'm still sticking by the fruit lifestyle , with a little change. I found I was still getting a little irritation on the very top of the scalp, after eating certain things. Like really sweet fruit or animal protein (which I dont eat much of anymore) and fats.

Now I learned it has to do with my alkaline/acidic balance in my body. When all this started for me I was on a high red meat diet. I was eating a pound of beef a day and alot of red salmon(i still think red salmon has alot of benefits.) I was drinking all the milk I wanted, also adding in alot of junk calories to bump up my calorie intake. I was also expermenting with alot of oils internally. Wow was I stupid.

I wasn't drinking enough water and I wasnt eating any alkalizing foods. MY body became acidic. My joints were being attacked and so was my scalp. Fungus got a foothold in my system. I was getting symptoms like this: headaches, anxiety, arthritis symptoms, depression, acne, seborrheic dermatitis, fatigue slightly drunk feeling after eating certain things. I had to take a nap after a bowl of oatmeal or a large meal.
---------------

Now I've begun to eat a higher amount of alkalizing fruits and I don't bloat or get acne as bad like with sweet fruits. Even know sweet fruits aren't acidic they are not alkalizing either. I still eat sweet fruits but I try to eat more alkaline fruits.

Yesterday I ate a big bowl of oatmeal and finished it off with 2 grapefruits, wha la, no itch at all! Usually oatmeal makes me itch like crazy.
________

Get to bed early 9-10 is best, 11 at the latest. Some people can't do this I know.

Counter everthing acidic you eat with a alkaline food. Preferably a mostly fruit diet is best. Sticking to the alkalizing fruits like watermelon and grapefruit.

Make sure your adrenals, pancrease and thyroid is in a good shape.

Get some sun.If you can't get your Vitamin D levels checked.

Don't smoke pot/cigs or drink, both are highly acidic.

I would also recommend drinking alkalized water or mineral water. This will help counter a acidic lifestyle.
____

Not only that but I realzied how much time I spend worrying about my issue. I learned once I found what was wrong to move on. Starting new hobbies and getting back into shape. Not trolling around on these forums 4-5 times a day. Nothing wrong with helping people here, but I tend to get obsessed looking at this forum. Looking for the magical cure that don't really exist.

Find out what works for you, if that is chemicals or the natural way. Then move on. Probably the best advice out of this whole thread.

10/04/2011 10:11 PM

Author Icon
US2014
Regular Poster

Hey titdoctor does your hair smell anymore? because my hair smells really bad it started when I was 15 now I'm 18 and sometimes my scalp used to get really itchy but not that much anymore. What kind of fruit do you recommend also when eating oatmeal can I add little milk to stir it up and some peanut butter to help it taste better? Also does Nizoral help you because I was really interested in trying it because my hair is really oily and before I shampoo my hair I message my scalp and my fingers get really sticky.
Statistics
32058 users are registered to the Hair Loss Help forum.
There are currently 6 users logged in.
The most users ever online was 10152 on 02/16/2012 at 11:47 AM.
There are currently 743 guests browsing this forum, which makes a total of 749 users using this forum.

FuseTalk Basic Edition v3.2 - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.

Copyright 2001-2012 - All Rights Reserved - Hairlosshelp, Inc